Wanderers Fade Away Against Jets

3 minutes ago, Nathg said:

On this note, what’s the go with the amount of away supporters that are getting tickets in the red section? We sit on the 18yard box (upper stand, away from RBB) and every home game there are so many away supporters sitting close to us. Why have I paid a premium to sit amongst away supporters? Put them in the ******* corner with the rest

more a case of fed up members not going and giving their tickets to supporter mates from other Clubs for the day or in regard to last night when the storm hit people were trying to get cover scattering them everywhere but yea I get your frustration it pisses me off as well.

Edited by scarcev
33 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I’m guessing it only goes for 15 minutes 

Unlike the Uni Degree in Resilience and Patience we are taking at the moment which has bit more time to go by the look of it. The club seems determined to ensure we all get a Masters degree.

Edited by sonar
5 minutes ago, scarcev said:

more a case of fed up members not going and giving their tickets to supporter mates from other Clubs for the day or in regard to last night when the storm hit people were trying to get cover scattering them everywhere but yea I get your frustration it pisses me off as well.

No I don’t think so. We are near the stairs, every game we have them show us their actual ticket because they can’t read the steps as to where their row is. Last night saw more than one group of 10 people. Can’t be that many members grieving tickets away coincidently in the same section

Don’t try and over think the tickets. I’m sure those people just buy the best ticket they can as a member of the general public, rather than pay for a supporter seat in the corner.

And I might be in a minority, but this is a good thing - we should be enlightened enough to sit next to someone who’s only real point of difference is that they support another team, especially in a league this young that thankfully doesn’t have the baggage of the older leagues and clubs overseas.

1 hour ago, sonar said:

Unlike the Uni Degree in Resilience and Patience we are taking at the moment which has bit more time to go by the look of it. The club seems determined to ensure we all get a Masters degree.

4 year masters ain’t it 

any longer and we will be going for a PhD

5 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I thought you might say a coronary heart bypass or hemeroids...but i'll take a sainthood.

I know we're having a laugh but at a club level the game in Aus needs supporters like us even though we don't deserve the crap being handed out .

Edited by sonar

My son came back this evening and asked me how the Wanderers went.

I heaped it on how shyte we were...terrible...waste of time and money...no entertainment and then slipped in 'ha wont be going next week eh'.

To which he said while putting his camp stuff away 'we may as well go, haven't been to Parra in ages' :fool:

He's old enough to go on his own :xmad:.

7 hours ago, WHACKO said:

FoundationMember_600x300.jpg

FOUNDATION MEMBER OPEN TRAINING SESSION

Date: Tuesday 25 February 2020
Time: 9:30am arrival for a 10:00am start

So is anyone going to this ?   To see what really happens at training.  I'm not going because I don't think I could help myself and say something

that might question their commitment.

How about we all go and see if we can have some discussion with mighty decision makers

20 hours ago, tardotz said:

Just listened to the JP press conference.

Babble was very straight down the line with his assessment. JP on the contrary just spins the story. 

According to him (for 30mins) we were a joy to watch. The players are fit and fitness is not a problem. We played really well and Newcastle didn't surprise us at all we knew exactly how they would play. 

What a load of BS. We we knew how the bottom team was going to play ...what was our plan? If the players are fit why after 20 mins did they look like the could not move?

Just remember, JP knows the story & how it works in Australia. JP can’t pull the stuff that Babbel does, he doesn’t have the credit in the bank. He plays the game just like most other Australian managers, give little away & don’t give any out extra ammunition that could be used against you.

11 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

He's been on the pies for 2/3 years. You can see it from the Sarfend video clips. However he does offer more than the geriatric German.

Man, you guys are harsh. We have had a guy playing league one & he comes to Australia. Different countries, different conditions, different style of football & of course he won’t be fit. Only playing 2 games in 4 weeks isn’t going to help.

To aclimatise to Australian conditions he needs a preseason. This isn’t football manager where you transfer in the January window & finish off 90 minutes straight off the plane.

6 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Ok I’ll repeat my unpopular opinion on here again, but much as I love the RBB, When we are playing like that, with the team looking like not giving a **** against the bottom team on the table. I can’t get into the waving flags around and singing.

if (when) that performance happens at Goodison the players and the club are told in no uncertain terms it’s not good enough, here we keep on singing like we are waiting for the rapture or we mumble to ourselves and walk home in silence 

It’s a different style of support something that you haven’t grown up with as in different cultures.

In saying that, the work those RBB guys did yesterday was far beyond what we saw from many players yesterday.

5 hours ago, Potkorok said:

Yep it was truly depressing at the end. Boos and jeers well deserved and tbh the club just don’t seem to care. The whole thing is a mess. And not just us. As someone else said the A league needs us and Victory to be competitive and neither of us are. The depressing thing is we haven’t been competitive for years and how is it gonna change? The owners and CEO etc just come out with platitudes and grand promises but nothing else. 

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but nothing will happen between now & the end of the season.

Most managers come off contract in June & will have to wait till the end of the European season until we have any hope at securing a new overseas manager. I don’t think we have a good enough local manager to step into the void & secure immediate results.

@hughsey was spot on, they’ve sacked Babbel without a plan. Relying on JP was lunacy especially with still so much of the season remaining. JP must have had quite an impression on Lederer if he was willing to give him the reigns. You then have to question who is making the footballing decisions & whether they should be making those decisions?

10 minutes ago, Keithie said:

How about we all go and see if we can have some discussion with mighty decision makers

As much as I would really like to see that happen and hear what they say, it probably won't. And the club will just lie and say s*** like "we are great in all facets of the club" which is not even close to being true. 

I strongly agree with the point that why should we show so much passion for full 90+ every week when the players can't even do it for 15 minutes. 

Honestly I have absolutely no hope in this club anymore until the management are gone. Can we really trust them to make a smart "footballing" decision when none of them have probably kicked a ball in their life. The club knew this was going to be such a defining season for many reasons and look how it's turned out. Lederer said at the start of the season "I promise success this year" lol.

To be honest, this season has started to make me fall out of love with football or the club in general. You gotta be there in the bad times so that the good times are incredible. I think for a lot football is a place where you can watch a game and everything outside your life is void. And with what's happened last few years it's been considerably painful and they still somehow manage to get our hopes up every year. Honestly gutted overall and not sure what to do in terms of next season.

5 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

As much as I would really like to see that happen and hear what they say, it probably won't. And the club will just lie and say s*** like "we are great in all facets of the club" which is not even close to being true. 

I strongly agree with the point that why should we show so much passion for full 90+ every week when the players can't even do it for 15 minutes. 

Honestly I have absolutely no hope in this club anymore until the management are gone. Can we really trust them to make a smart "footballing" decision when none of them have probably kicked a ball in their life. The club knew this was going to be such a defining season for many reasons and look how it's turned out. Lederer said at the start of the season "I promise success this year" lol.

To be honest, this season has started to make me fall out of love with football or the club in general. You gotta be there in the bad times so that the good times are incredible. I think for a lot football is a place where you can watch a game and everything outside your life is void. And with what's happened last few years it's been considerably painful and they still somehow manage to get our hopes up every year. Honestly gutted overall and not sure what to do in terms of next season.

:grouphug::grouphug:

Wish I had something positive to say.

5 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

This is what gets me.

I'm not sure which player it was that was interviewed after the game, (I haven't watched the replay) but they said that "we need to keep our intensity of play up for 90 minutes".

Babbel was saying that after the 4th or 5th round of the season. We are now in Round what, 19?

Do these players just not get it? It's no wonder Babbel was frustrated and has made the comments he has.

As for any criticism of the RBB and why they continue the 90 + minutes of support, I just won't hear anything of it. Imagine how **** it would have been last night without them creating the atmosphere and trying to lift the players as they did?

If anything, they have been the only shining light of this miserable season( despite their diminishing numbers)  beyond Lopar, Double Dot Muller and well, I can't think of much else.

Furthermore, I have no plans to not renew my membership next season. I've invested too much blood into this club since its inception (far more than I ever did with that piece of shite from the east who didn't give a **** about me or the West). I've travelled to Brisbane, Adelaide and Allianz for Grand Finals, and an endless amount of away games interstate and almost every game in Gosford and Newcastle. I was in Parra Town Square for the ACL.  I'm going no where.

Yet, I'm as pissed off as anyone. I'm sick of this club taking us for granted, and  I'll give you an example...…..

I took an old school mate of mine to the game yesterday. Born and bred Westie. He has lived and worked in Charters Towers in QLD for the past 8 years, yet has followed us since our inception. He wanted to become a member (despite how shite we are), so we went to the membership tent before the game (just outside the main ticket office.)

Main membership man, ready to take details, says his "laptop is down. I need to go and get a pen and paper, and I'll call you back on Monday")

2nd membership man (while we are waiting) talks shite, trying to engage our interest while waiting for 1st Membership man to return with a pen and paper to take our details.

10 minutes (!!) later, main membership man returns, with pen and paper. Like, what the ****? There is a membership tent set up outside the stadium, and they are resorting to taking details like this?

Not only have we become a rabble on the field, but also off it.

I'll be there on Friday vs Adelaide, to watch them tear us a new one. Well done Wanderers.

You have royally ****ed what could have been our most amazing season yet. Successful season, big crowds, burgeoning membership numbers. Building the future.

Oh well.

Granted the efforts within the RBB remain exemplary but naive to think the on field results haven't caused / exposed fissures within Active. There is no season left only two Derby's and a deserting member base of which some will drift to Macarthur Rams. A gypsy caravan third Melbourne team and a third Sydney west team are the final seeds of mediocrity planted by administrators thinking the performing pantomime of Active would continue like trained monkeys salivating at the word Derby. 

2 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Just remember, JP knows the story & how it works in Australia. JP can’t pull the stuff that Babbel does, he doesn’t have the credit in the bank. He plays the game just like most other Australian managers, give little away & don’t give any out extra ammunition that could be used against you.

Man, you guys are harsh. We have had a guy playing league one & he comes to Australia. Different countries, different conditions, different style of football & of course he won’t be fit. Only playing 2 games in 4 weeks isn’t going to help.

To aclimatise to Australian conditions he needs a preseason. This isn’t football manager where you transfer in the January window & finish off 90 minutes straight off the plane.

It’s a different style of support something that you haven’t grown up with as in different cultures.

In saying that, the work those RBB guys did yesterday was far beyond what we saw from many players yesterday.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but nothing will happen between now & the end of the season.

Most managers come off contract in June & will have to wait till the end of the European season until we have any hope at securing a new overseas manager. I don’t think we have a good enough local manager to step into the void & secure immediate results.

@hughsey was spot on, they’ve sacked Babbel without a plan. Relying on JP was lunacy especially with still so much of the season remaining. JP must have had quite an impression on Lederer if he was willing to give him the reigns. You then have to question who is making the footballing decisions & whether they should be making those decisions?

Your right it’s culturally different and don’t get me wrong I love what they bring but I can’t adapt to singing and waving flags to the **** that has been served up. 

And I get without the actives we’d just have silence.

1 hour ago, Wanderboy said:

This is what gets me.

I'm not sure which player it was that was interviewed after the game, (I haven't watched the replay) but they said that "we need to keep our intensity of play up for 90 minutes".

Babbel was saying that after the 4th or 5th round of the season. We are now in Round what, 19?

Do these players just not get it? It's no wonder Babbel was frustrated and has made the comments he has.

As for any criticism of the RBB and why they continue the 90 + minutes of support, I just won't hear anything of it. Imagine how **** it would have been last night without them creating the atmosphere and trying to lift the players as they did?

If anything, they have been the only shining light of this miserable season( despite their diminishing numbers)  beyond Lopar, Double Dot Muller and well, I can't think of much else.

Furthermore, I have no plans to not renew my membership next season. I've invested too much blood into this club since its inception (far more than I ever did with that piece of shite from the east who didn't give a **** about me or the West). I've travelled to Brisbane, Adelaide and Allianz for Grand Finals, and an endless amount of away games interstate and almost every game in Gosford and Newcastle. I was in Parra Town Square for the ACL.  I'm going no where.

Yet, I'm as pissed off as anyone. I'm sick of this club taking us for granted, and  I'll give you an example...…..

I took an old school mate of mine to the game yesterday. Born and bred Westie. He has lived and worked in Charters Towers in QLD for the past 8 years, yet has followed us since our inception. He wanted to become a member (despite how shite we are), so we went to the membership tent before the game (just outside the main ticket office.)

Main membership man, ready to take details, says his "laptop is down. I need to go and get a pen and paper, and I'll call you back on Monday")

2nd membership man (while we are waiting) talks shite, trying to engage our interest while waiting for 1st Membership man to return with a pen and paper to take our details.

10 minutes (!!) later, main membership man returns, with pen and paper. Like, what the ****? There is a membership tent set up outside the stadium, and they are resorting to taking details like this?

Not only have we become a rabble on the field, but also off it.

I'll be there on Friday vs Adelaide, to watch them tear us a new one. Well done Wanderers.

You have royally ****ed what could have been our most amazing season yet. Successful season, big crowds, burgeoning membership numbers. Building the future.

Oh well.

I’ll be there it’s part of me 

I'll be back

Re: Active Support - if fans are still willing to stand and chant through this good on them. The club can't use lack of fan support as an excuse.

I thought Jets would win prior to the start, but the result still frustrates me considering the effort Duke put in to make defensive tackles stopping Jets' attacks momentarily.

We are the Brexit of the ALeague - there is no quick fix

3 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

I'll be back

Re: Active Support - if fans are still willing to stand and chant through this good on them. The club can't use lack of fan support as an excuse.

I thought Jets would win prior to the start, but the result still frustrates me considering the effort Duke put in to make defensive tackles stopping Jets' attacks momentarily.

We are the Brexit of the ALeague - there is no quick fix

It makes it more annoying, we still go 9.5k for that game after 3 and bit years of dross, smurfs got that the other night and they haven’t lost at home for ever 

20 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Ok I’ll repeat my unpopular opinion on here again, but much as I love the RBB, When we are playing like that, with the team looking like not giving a **** against the bottom team on the table. I can’t get into the waving flags around and singing.

if (when) that performance happens at Goodison the players and the club are told in no uncertain terms it’s not good enough, here we keep on singing like we are waiting for the rapture or we mumble to ourselves and walk home in silence 

Mate no matter we do, it seems like we can not win. When we stopped chanting and even boycotted couple of times at ANZ stadium, we were told that we only care about ourselves and should we not be there for the team, and had the lyrics 'win or lose, we will always follow you', thrown in our faces. Not necessarily on the forum but that other facebook group. 

I know its frustrating as ****, going from what we were to what we are. I am in two views, one people are all too happy to support an overseas mid table team or lower divisions yet won't show up to our games anymore, and the other view look at what the management has done, they dont deserve our efforts. Right now I am in the first view simply as I go more for the active support than the crap on the field.

Our club management simply dont care, or if they do they dont show it. JT needs to go, he is useless and the club has gone backwards underneath him. 

The sad thing is that it will get worse next two weeks, cant see us beating adelaide and then we got esfc. 

Harper last night spoke highly of Newcastle and the fact they had taken it to just about every team in the last 5 to 6 weeks without scoring to many so I think we should allow for that a little, Adelaide is going to be good test for us winning 4 out of last 5 their efforts on Friday was against the run of play with CCM  so I am not righting us off 

2 halfs of 35 minutes pressure will do me and extra fitness to Simon Cox and we could be better. Simon Cox will be a winner for us especially seeing the motivation Duke had with him.

I am far from an expert, but I don't feel it is lack of effort or fitness that is the teams biggest problem. The passing precision of most of our players is very poor, even by A League standards, which results in a lot of unnecessary running after stray balls and takes away decision time for the receiver of the pass. We need the opposition to be totally out of shape to launch a meaningful attack, so teams just let us have the ball, keep their shape and wait for the ever reliable stray pass. I feel that the team gets knackered because they have to do infinitely more running than the opposition to make anything happen. The Jets were much better at letting the ball do the work and were able to conserve their energy better throughout the match. The biggest problem is recruitment. I suspect that it is no coincidence that all our success came prior to the arrival of the new owners. Lederer is controlling the decision  making for recruitment and is not doing a good job of it. Babbel was criticised for not having a game plan and doing simple passing drills at training. I fear he was correct in focussing on this at training, as these basic skills are lacking in much of our group. No game plan is going to be effective if the passing is 2nd rate.