mack

Sydney FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers 28/02/2020 8:00PM

70 % of Western Sydney voted no to SSM, I don't get the outrage at the views of the majority right or wrong.

1 hour ago, MathyouWSW said:

The RBB should be accepting anyone from the LGBT community. I'm sure the club itself already does that so they should do the same thing so they can actually try and get more people to get involved with the RBB and not be a diverse group. 

If they really wanted to hit ESFC, they should of done what @DamnedUnited said and talk about their recent performance against Yokohama. 

🤢🤮 

7 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

70 % of Western Sydney voted no to SSM, I don't get the outrage at the views of the majority right or wrong.

Got some facts to back that one up? 

12 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

Cause ppl are weak as piss 

2 minutes ago, MajorMelons said:

Whoever writes the RBB comms didn’t get enough hugs when they were little.

Ur on to something now 

7 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

Hawks, you'd have to agree that it's a pretty slippery slope. I personally don't like the comment, because I dont like politics dragged into sport. I also think this stuff - even in jest, makes the club look bad.

Political correctness aside, clubs don't survive on just the supporter base that lives within a 20km radius of the stadium. Most clubs have a strategy to attract members and supporters from all over, and make their club available to anyone to enjoy. What are we meant to say to kids that have two mums or two dad's? That our club community that includes the RBB doesn't support them.

Look, I love the effort, spirit and energy of the RBB, but I'd prefer they don't use their plarform to indirectly represent me and my opinions. Stick to the banter of football, and don't drag politics into it.

Happy mardi gras whether you're red and black or rainbow. 

38 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

Got some facts to back that one up? 

It wasn't quite 70% overall in terms of votes but in terms of electorates, depending on how you slice it (including Bennelong as Western Sydney or not), it was about 70%. Out of the 17 no vote electorates, 2 were in suburban Melbourne, 3 were in Far West Queensland and the other 12 were in Western Sydney (or bordering it).

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/datablog/ng-interactive/2017/nov/15/same-sex-marriage-survey-how-australia-voted-electorate-by-electorate

3 hours ago, DamnedUnited said:

At least they'll be marching at Mardi Gras but yeah this one needs to be called out for the cheap blow that it is. Could of called them out for getting smashed by the J League champions but nuh let's keep scraping our knuckles whilst walking 

Given that RBB numbers attending games appears to be at an all-time low, this isn't a smart move.

I thought we had moved on from this. There have been plenty of discussions over the last 3 or 4 years regarding how the RBB can be more media savy in an environment where every word written is picked apart...you have to be cleverer and smarter than this to play the media.

The media just wait for this kind of gift and Bossi has passed the baton on to Vince i see.

Edited by Smoggy

2 hours ago, 1988banana said:

🤢🤮 

LOL. Ok kid...thanks for your worthless comment.

8 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

LOL. Ok kid...thanks for your worthless comment.

Kid 😂 

10 minutes ago, 1988banana said:

Kid 😂 

Well, kid. Your previous comments with sick emojis does come across as what an immature kid with homophobia would post on the internet these days...

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

I thought we had moved on from this. There have been plenty of discussions over the last 3 or 4 years regarding how the RBB can be more media savy in an environment where every word written is picked apart...you have to be cleverer and smarter than this to play the media.

The media just wait for this kind of gift and Bossi has passed the baton on to Vince i see.

“Media savvy”

Not posting homophobic crap to your public social media presences is hardly savvy, it’s just not being ignorant 

On a more important note, match officials (ESFC to blow up)

Referee: Alireza Faghani :clapping:
Assistant Referee 1: Ryan Gallagher
Assistant Referee 2: Kearney Robinson
Fourth Official: Stephen Lucas
VAR: Kris Griffiths-Jones :xmad:

3 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

On a more important note, match officials (ESFC to blow up)

Referee: Alireza Faghani :clapping:
Assistant Referee 1: Ryan Gallagher
VAR: Kris Griffiths-Jones :xmad:

Can the referee overrule/ignore to look at a VAR call?

Also, were these the original 4 officials?

Edited by alexd

VAR is technically only meant to advise the referee about things he has missed and the on field ref is meant to make every call.

8 minutes ago, alexd said:

The central referee is the ultimate decision maker in a team of match officials. The VAR can only recommend that a decision be reviewed and the central referee  does NOT have to accept that a decision be overturned. The standard seems to have returned to clear and obvious error.

I have overruled Assistant Referees, particularly young ones, on corners or goal kicks as well as the occasional offside when being a central ref at grassroots.

15 minutes ago, alexd said:

There was one change with Griffiths-Jones replacing Setter as VAR.

Original match officials 

Saturday, 8 February 2020
Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah
Kick-Off: 5:00pm (Local) (5:00pm (AEDT))
Referee: Alireza Faghani 
Assistant Referee 1: Lance Greenshields
VAR: Craig Zetter

I’m gonna play devils advocate here and ask what exactly is different between the constant habibi references, dole bludger, wog jokes etc made about WSW fans/people from western Sydney, the inbred jokes made about Adelaide United fans and various other stereotypes thrown around the aleague, compared to what the RBB statement referenced? It’s still the same concept and the exact same form of mocking, teasing, banter etc.

I agree it wasn’t the smartest of ideas to post something like that given the climate we live in, I also agree about leaving politics out of sport, but let’s not get carried away with the moral posturing. 

Isn’t it ironic too how mainstream media couldn’t give two shits about the A-League but this happens and they fall all over themselves to get an article out. Did they report on the roughly $30k the RBB raised for the bushfire appeal? 

What a world we live in hey...

Edited by hughsey

Those other things aren't trendy or woke to defend. Simple. 

Yeah  I hate it  when people dress up sing songs and march in a parade to celebrate their team . 

these homophobic ****wits are an embarrassment to your club, players and supporters and  football in this country...... 

way to give scribes more ammunition

The sooner they **** off the better

Edited by hatty

29 minutes ago, hatty said:

these homophobic ****wits are an embarrassment to your club, players and supporters and  football in this country...... 

001960-Poke_C.gif

Still timeless.    ACL POOL (no you can't get out)

1 hour ago, hughsey said:

I’m gonna play devils advocate here and ask what exactly is different between the constant habibi references, dole bludger, wog jokes etc made about WSW fans/people from western Sydney, the inbred jokes made about Adelaide United fans and various other stereotypes thrown around the aleague, compared to what the RBB statement referenced? It’s still the same concept and the exact same form of mocking, teasing, banter etc.

I agree it wasn’t the smartest of ideas to post something like that given the climate we live in, I also agree about leaving politics out of sport, but let’s not get carried away with the moral posturing. 

Isn’t it ironic too how mainstream media couldn’t give two shits about the A-League but this happens and they fall all over themselves to get an article out. Did they report on the roughly $30k the RBB raised for the bushfire appeal? 

What a world we live in hey...

Its just best to stay away from that kind of sledging where its no longer accepted in modern Australia. Very tone deaf from the person who wrote that statement with Mardi Gra on. Club was very quick as well to respond hopefully doesn't happen again

26 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

001960-Poke_C.gif

Still timeless.    ACL POOL (no you can't get out)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1/10

learn your history and stop changing the subject

Edited by hatty

Well at least we've engaged the lone smurf !!

1 hour ago, hatty said:

I find it hilarious when the finger gets pointed at us........yet those very same fans go quiet when the beloved cove is called out for violent anti social behaviour....remember this.....when ESFC lost a derby........ripped out seats........

BOxAWb0.jpg

Pot.Kettle.Black.