Duke Wins Kogarah Derby!

i know steve corrica thinks they dominated but i could be wrong but they looked like they dominated for some of the match but for a lot of it i thought the match was pretty even, both teams missed a lot of chances that should have been goals, they did tend to attack more but it was still pretty even imo, at least a lot more even than our last derby where we somehow got a goal and then held on for dear life for the rest of the match :P

12 minutes ago, GlobalWarning said:

i know steve corrica thinks they dominated but i could be wrong but they looked like they dominated for some of the match but for a lot of it i thought the match was pretty even, both teams missed a lot of chances that should have been goals, they did tend to attack more but it was still pretty even imo, at least a lot more even than our last derby where we somehow got a goal and then held on for dear life for the rest of the match :P

I thought it quite even also.

JP seems to have gotten us organised, confident and committed. Some great tackles going in, it is great to see us hungry when we lose the ball. We look more like a top 6 side these days than ******* Adelaide put it that way.

Edited by Smoggy
6 minutes ago, GlobalWarning said:

They dominated possession for sure but they really created nothing with it, Lopar didn't really have to make a decent save when we had 3 great chances and a crossbar.  We were much better than last Derby where they dominated us all over the park and we got the result somehow but tonight we deserved every bit of that.  Consider no Bacchus, Kamau wasnt fit and went off, Sullivan playing his first game in however long, Shweigler got an early yellow so had to be careful.  Jurman, Ziegler and McGowan have copped a bit on here but they were massive tonight. ABJ showed when the going gets tough he goes missing and we did a great job on Grant and Ninkovic so the service to Le Fondre was rubbish, they did miss Retre massively and how Caceras even gets a game is beyond me.

11 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I HAVE EVER BEEN TO (Mind you I went to the Roar 5-4 semi)

What an absolutely incredible game. Me and a few mates train to Kogarah and sit in the 3 row long RBB and belt it out for more than 90+ minutes. Extremely nervous before the game but something felt right and good about this game. Something just clicked. Unbelievable.

We started really good first 5 minutes when Sydney woke up and started to do their thing. Few chances for Muller, Cox, Duke and Georgevski but unable to convert. Just before half time I said can't believe we hadn't conceded when Barbarouses misses a very simple volley. Half time and fairly even but Sydney had the upper hand.

Couple of flares and all added to the atmosphere. And then the police stepped in. From my view in the RBB the he was protesting someone getting kicked out for something and then the police stepped in. He did absolutely nothing wrong at all, didn't show any aggression but the police abused him physically even with his hand on his head.

RBB follow out with capo and then something truly amazing happened. The supporters came together and formed a community with a made up RBB of our own, which could be heard pretty well on the highlight reel when I got back home. 

And then pure insanity happened. Tate Russel crosses from the flank and Duke scores a goal I will remember until I die. Pure elation and euphoria. Running around in the what was now an almost active section, jumping and pumping fists in the air in front of the police and just screaming my head off in pure passion. Huge maul and I almost broke the fence, accidentally crashed the gate door open and almost fell through. Then for the last 10-15 minutes until the end just belted it out as loud as I ever have. EVERY Wanderers fan did in fact. Simply amazing and the moment you live for. 

The players celebrating at the end with our own makeshift RBB was great and a great way to cap it off. 

We absolutely destroyed Baumjohann tonight, looks like some people were right in fact. 0-5 , no wonder he chose the No.5 on his shirt. Pirmin and Nick Sullivan were did their roles perfectly and I thought the defence really won us the game, Sydney only really had 1-2 quality attempts that should've ended as a goal. Don't know what Georgevski was thinking but it added to the experience and we won in the end. Corica should receive a fine or ban for his disgusting actions in the tunnel afterwards. He did it to Pirmin Schwegler in the first game as well and sounds like he is being investigated.

I read JP Marigny is set to be given the full job. Should probably wait until the end of the season to make a decision but signs looking very good and promising.

Good to talk with some familiar people from here in person for the first time, Turner and Taurus (I know it was you :xnod: - see you at Gosford...). Also found out that someone who had sold me my football boots at Rebel Sport was in fact a Wanderers fan and had a good chat at the end. Met some young (mid 20's) fans from England who were in the RBB and were very nice to talk to throughout the game.

Incredible, simply incredible. Thanks for rejuvenating my love of the game! 

Well written, summed up this amazing night very well. We were up on the away hill which was amazing in the final 20 - 25 mins. As the second half progressed it went from many sitting on the grass to most standing. Then the goal went in and mayhem broke out. My son ran to the back of the hill and was chanting at the RBB outside on the road. I was a bit nervous as was only a thin wire fence and a big drop the other side and people were running up and pushing on the fence....it was prob not a bad thing when security moved fans on the hill away. After that we went down and joined the crowd behind the goal for the final 5mins.

It captured some of the vibe from the first few season, just losing yourself in the mayhem. One to remember for sure.

Edited by Smoggy
1 minute ago, Smoggy said:

Well written, summed up this amazing night very well. We were up on the away hill which was amazing in the final 20 - 25 mins. As the second half progressed it went from many sitting on the grass to most standing. Then the goal went in and mayhem broke out. My son ran to the back of the hill and was chanting at the RBB outside on the road. I was a bit nervous as was only a thin wire fence and a big drop the other side with fans were running up and pushing on the fence....it was prob not a bad thing when security moved fans on the hill away. After that we sent down and joined the fans behind the goal for the final 5mins.

It captured some of the vibe from the first few season, just losing yourself in the mayhem. One to remember for sure.

Behind the goal you say... I was exactly right behind the goal. I was wearing the season 1 rbb jumper with trackies and a Nike cap. Might have seen me?

Just now, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Behind the goal you say... I was exactly right behind the goal. I was wearing the season 1 rbb jumper with trackies and a Nike cap. Might have seen me?

Final 5 mins I was loitering at the back of the pack directly behind the goal.

57 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

I agree with many here I hope Baumjohann plays against us again we absolutely exploited him. As much as the Foxsports Harp on about him whne going gets tough he shows the reason why we let him go

Sullivan had his number all night. 2-3 times ABJ bounced off into space while Sully was watching the play (young mistakes, he will learn). But he got away with 5 tiny fouls that all broke up the play. Normally I dont like cynical play but Sydney absolutely need a taste of their own medicine here.

After last night, how could we not be pushing hard for Sullivans signature? He's going to be a monster as a 6 or 8. Right now I would kind of prefer him to baccus since his passing seems to be more dialed in. He also doesnt need to play the easy pass, he just shuffles the ball under his feet and glides between defenders. He would be more than capable of starting next season since we will probably sell Baccus. Give him a 3 year deal, sell him after 18 months if he's good enough. Or he might even turn into a mainstay though he seems to be a fairly ambitious kid

4 minutes ago, lloydy136 said:

JP in.

Indeed...

He has been around the set up so long also...not only has he got them organised he brings the consistency we badly need and knows the club and comp so well. 

Back him.

Edited by Smoggy