Jump to content

Duke Wins Kogarah Derby!


Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, sonar said:

I would wait.....if we make the final 6......sign him.

He is proving to be exactly what we have needed. Local manager who knows the league, knows how to organise a team and have his intensity rub off on players.

He has fixed some tactical stuff that was holding us back under MB. We are creating chances and most of the silly mistakes leading to goals have dried up.

I also like that he is a tracksuit manager out on the training pitch not looking down from an office.

The bossi hit job on him is proving to be BS (as we suspected at the time). The last 2 games is the best we have looked since popa.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, hughsey said:

How about that little chicken nugget looking flog ABJ! I hope he didn’t waste water after the game cause we gave him an absolute ******* bath. Give him a cuddle Stevie. 

Jurmans tackle on him as he approached goal was brilliant, Tates ball in (as usual) was brilliant, the whole team was brilliant. Could’ve won by 3 with the chances made.

One of the best derbies I’ve been to.

Can we play them every week? 😂

The most pleasing thing is (apart from the win ) was the subs came through.....Sullivan...Tate....Tass. We lost nothing with them on the field. 

Link to post
1 minute ago, sonar said:

The most pleasing thing is (apart from the win ) was the subs came through.....Sullivan...Tate....Tass. We lost nothing with them on the field. 

We're going to need them to stand up again in the next few weeks. DG is going to get a fair holiday, Kamau didn't look so great when he went down, Pirmin is at card max - just when the team is showing some genuine west Sydney mongrel, the odds slip away on injury and fouls. The next couple of games will be a big test.

Link to post
11 minutes ago, lloydy136 said:

He is proving to be exactly what we have needed. Local manager who knows the league, knows how to organise a team and have his intensity rub off on players.

He has fixed some tactical stuff that was holding us back under MB. We are creating chances and most of the silly mistakes leading to goals have dried up.

I also like that he is a tracksuit manager out on the training pitch not looking down from an office.

The bossi hit job on him is proving to be BS (as we suspected at the time). The last 2 games is the best we have looked since popa.

Agreed..if we dont sign JP he will prob get a job elsewhere in the comp and prob do quite well. I do see Sonar's point though about waiting until seasons end.

I dont mean this in a derogatory way but JP has an Arnie feel about his management style..and miserable looks lol

Edited by Smoggy
Link to post
2 minutes ago, lloydy136 said:

He is proving to be exactly what we have needed. Local manager who knows the league, knows how to organise a team and have his intensity rub off on players.

He has fixed some tactical stuff that was holding us back under MB. We are creating chances and most of the silly mistakes leading to goals have dried up.

I also like that he is a tracksuit manager out on the training pitch not looking down from an office.

The bossi hit job on him is proving to be BS (as we suspected at the time). The last 2 games is the best we have looked since popa.

I don't disagree with you and I'm not trying to disparage JPdM but after the dross served up for the last 2 & half years a few wins in a row doesn't mean the manager has what it takes.Both Gombau & MB had runs of wins.......yet we still fell in a heap when it mattered. If JPdM gets Babbels Rabble into finals I'll be a convert.The next few games are vital. 

Link to post

Still to early to sign JP, I'm more concerned about Sulivan as I have been saying for a while he needs a permanent start and a contract, this kid will start in most other teams and he did the job jp asked of him to put banjo down. 

Was a tough grubby performance required to win a derby that most of us thought we wouldn't win, well done boys the mentality has truly turned around and I'm actually starting to believe in JP. 

Link to post
24 minutes ago, sonar said:

The most pleasing thing is (apart from the win ) was the subs came through.....Sullivan...Tate....Tass. We lost nothing with them on the field. 

I don’t know why Tate isn’t starting regularly. He’s the only one in the team who can consistently put a good ball into the box. Every time he shapes to cross I feel like we are a chance of scoring.

Link to post
9 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

If he does get the job we are not using that acronym lol Its plain and simple JP.

You use whatever takes your fancy smoggy....:D

me on the other hand....JPdM ....JPdM ....JPdM .....JPdM ........:P

Edited by sonar
Link to post
Just now, hughsey said:

I don’t know why Tate isn’t starting regularly. He’s the only one in the team who can consistently put a good ball into the box. Every time he shapes to cross I feel like we are a chance of scoring.

Kamau adds a dimension of speed and is getting better at cutbacks, which now have the advantage of Muller, Cox and Duke running on. Different styles, both working better.

Link to post
53 minutes ago, sonar said:

I would wait.....if we make the final 6......sign him.

If he goes on a continued run of form for the next few matches his agent will be in the clubs ear.  Very much a balancing act, do you sign him too early & do you wait too late & he goes elsewhere.  To be honest I've been concerned with the management of the club the past few years so I don't have much faith in them to manage this situation properly even if we do get to the finals. 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

Kamau adds a dimension of speed and is getting better at cutbacks, which now have the advantage of Muller, Cox and Duke running on. Different styles, both working better.

We play our best though when we use the width of the pitch and spread the defence out. When you’re hugging the touch line it has to be a cross into the box. Cut backs only work if a man is free on either the edge of the box or penalty spot which is very rare, particularly against a well drilled side. Kamau when he cuts in often gets done by the first defender anyway. Dukes two derby goals have been off a cross into the box. We need to utilise that.

Link to post
15 minutes ago, lloydy136 said:

On another matter.....

How did that little smurf **** not get a straight red for his tackle that led to the DG red? Way worse than saba's from a couple of years ago.

The smurfs are always the victims never the villians....FFA directive.:ninja:

Link to post
5 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Once again They are the Kopites of the A League

zero class when things don’t go their way 

Are you still banging on about them being the Kopites? Liverpool are fine. If anything east sydney are the Man U, that’s what they called themselves.  But isn’t it good enough that they are the smurfs, the FFA’s darlings, eastern suburbs twats? They have their own special brand of wanker, they don’t need comparing to others.

Link to post
1 hour ago, hughsey said:

How about that little chicken nugget looking flog ABJ! I hope he didn’t waste water after the game cause we gave him an absolute ******* bath. Give him a cuddle Stevie. 

Jurmans tackle on him as he approached goal was brilliant, Tates ball in (as usual) was brilliant, the whole team was brilliant. Could’ve won by 3 with the chances made.

One of the best derbies I’ve been to.

Can we play them every week? 😂

Chicken nugget? 

:D

Edited by SomeGuy1977
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...