Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mack

Simon Cox Flop In The Box Costs Wanderers In Melbourne

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, scarcev said:

You are kidding yourself if that was the worst match you have seen this season, we have played much worse, opposition have played much worse, there has been much worse footballing standard than that.  Tthere was some pretty good stuff played by both teams.  Go watch it again without the atmosphere of a funeral, the drab commentary from Theo and whoever the other one was (**** knows how they a gig in the commentary box, they makes the Kiwi duo sound like Martin Tyler and Jon Champion), the referee was also appalling and she struggles doing W League games so **** knows how she gets a gig in the A League beside the fact she suits the FFA agenda.  The players and teams themselves werent too bad. You do realise City are in 2nd coming off a dominant win over in Perth, we had 2 kids making their HAL debut, Tass who hasnt started for months, Russel with his 2nd statrt, O'Dougherty just back after a year off, no Bacchus, DG, Kamau, Yeboah or Zielgler (whom regardless of quality they were actually in our starting XI).  Go bring in a quarter of the team from the youth team of any A League Club, tell them to play firsts away against a team in form on second place and see what happens.  The actual fact that second half we had real chances to win the game ()and should of) speaks volumes for these young guys.

I thought the worst match this season was the WSW v Brisbane 0 - 0 early in the season...absolute turgid dogshyte.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tass was strong , the defence was rock solid , Tate was good defensively but distribution from defence was average as was most of the defense , did anyone hear McLaren's name mentioned  on the broadcast in the second half, to me that indicates we did a good job.

Jurman had a great game on the left and maybe he needs to stay now MacArthur is not prepared to give him the money he wants.

We had Georgeski , Baccus, Ziegler and Kamau out of the team , a draw against the second best team in the comp (on the ladder)  and should have won is pretty good.

Not sure if we can lift in a silent stadium against East Sydney , can  WSW pump a recording from the first game through the sound system :)

The Pommie needs a rocket up his rear end and told what urgency means..

 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We were bad but much better than last week. At least this time they tried.

To be fair everyone was bad ....us , Melb and the ref.

Edited by tardotz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alexd said:

I know a lot of you here don't like Russel but IMO he's one of the best prospects in all of the HAL. He's way more skillful than Grant but the mullet gets regular/all game time. Do the same with Tass and Tate and watch them flourish in the space of 1 year beyond baby Baccus levels.

And he actually can cross. He put one on Duke's head last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Generator said:

Why waste words when a picture is all we need:

coxmis.gif.1fdc620d1541bedc2f3c69249007ad70.gif

Edit: apologies, it’s a rather large gif!

I've watched this like 35 times since last night and I still can't fathom why Cox didn't do his ******* job. I am sick to ******* death of players who just don't care enough to do their job properly. Jurman last week looked like he wanted to get sent off, Cox last night just watching a ball roll instead of securing the goal, all of Vedran's shenangians last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone living in the North or North West of our catchment area, should get along to Christie Park this arvo at 5.30pm & watch our next gen play SpiritFC. 

Some of you may have better educated opinions, if you watched more live football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That gif really sums up last nights performance. :nono:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taurus said:

Some of you may have better educated opinions, if you watched more live football

So you thought it was good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dcrow said:

And he actually can cross. He put one on Duke's head last night.

He also had a very good second half

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Kate didn’t have a great game, I think.

Yep

5 hours ago, scarcev said:

the referee was also appalling and she struggles doing W League games so **** knows how she gets a gig in the A League beside the fact she suits the FFA agenda.

As far as I know, this was her second A-League game. Her previous game received plenty of praise, media attention & fairly deserving of her place on the fourth official panel.

Unfortunately, she doesn’t get many games at the top level, long time between her last game & really needs to take these chances if she wants more opportunities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

That gif really sums up last nights performance. :nono:

Sums up the last couple of seasons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Yep

As far as I know, this was her second A-League game. Her previous game received plenty of praise, media attention & fairly deserving of her place on the fourth official panel.

Unfortunately, she doesn’t get many games at the top level, long time between her last game & really needs to take these chances if she wants more opportunities.

I’ve seen far worse referee performances this year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

I’ve seen far worse referee performances this year 

Yep.....and we've been on the wrong end of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Taurus said:

Anyone living in the North or North West of our catchment area, should get along to Christie Park this arvo at 5.30pm & watch our next gen play SpiritFC. 

Some of you may have better educated opinions, if you watched more live football. 

😀 eff me are you kidding,  it hasn’t worked for you on educated opinion eg: Grozos  

I watch a lot of live games and I don’t think my opinion would deserve any more respect thank someone who has never seen a game live but does watch a lot of games on TV.

Arrogance at its best 😡

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, GE942150 said:

Shwegler got his 9th yellow, right? So he misses next game or does he have to get 10?

How did he get the 9th card when he was on  8th, he shouldn't be playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mintoff said:

How did he get the 9th card when he was on  8th, he shouldn't be playing.

Made a mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Keithie said:

😀 eff me are you kidding,  it hasn’t worked for you on educated opinion eg: Grozos  

I watch a lot of live games and I don’t think my opinion would deserve any more respect thank someone who has never seen a game live but does watch a lot of games on TV.

Arrogance at its best 😡

 

 

 

How have you written the kid off after two starts?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Keithie said:

😀 eff me are you kidding,  it hasn’t worked for you on educated opinion eg: Grozos  

I watch a lot of live games and I don’t think my opinion would deserve any more respect thank someone who has never seen a game live but does watch a lot of games on TV.

Arrogance at its best 😡

 

 

 

TBH you get a better view at the ground

You can more easily see the space, shape of our defence, and runs and movements

That said, even if I see Grozos kill it at NYL level or whatever, didn’t a certain Lachlan Scott knock like 20 in a season at NYL level? Hasn’t translated well to A-League

Season before, I think it was George Blackwood who won the Golden Boot in the NYL. Where is he now? Wanderers fans will remember him as the kid who missed the penalty in the Adelaide game to level it after the idiotic Beath handball award against Georgievski

Star of the future? Perhaps.

Future Kuzmanovski, Fofanah, Alessi, Youlley, Najjarine, Perkatis, Aspropotamitis, etc. and all the rest of our “golden youth” players who were supposed to be good but now I have no idea where they are? Most likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont disagree you get a better view at the ground , but the view on TV is ok and that is why each team does reviews on performance from video !!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

How have you written the kid off after two starts?

 

Grozos was not just average in those 2 games he was absolutely awful , offered nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Dont disagree you get a better view at the ground , but the view on TV is ok and that is why each team does reviews on performance from video !!!

 

 

I suspect in part the point was to pass judgment on our yoof players it is better to go see them play rather than judge by the 3 ten minute cameos in the season some get 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

TBH you get a better view at the ground

You can more easily see the space, shape of our defence, and runs and movements

That said, even if I see Grozos kill it at NYL level or whatever, didn’t a certain Lachlan Scott knock like 20 in a season at NYL level? Hasn’t translated well to A-League

Season before, I think it was George Blackwood who won the Golden Boot in the NYL. Where is he now? Wanderers fans will remember him as the kid who missed the penalty in the Adelaide game to level it after the idiotic Beath handball award against Georgievski

Star of the future? Perhaps.

Future Kuzmanovski, Fofanah, Alessi, Youlley, Najjarine, Perkatis, Aspropotamitis, etc. and all the rest of our “golden youth” players who were supposed to be good but now I have no idea where they are? Most likely.

Most young players won’t make the grade that’s football, for every Wayne Rooney there is plenty of Jose Baxter’s 

some will make it at a lower grade 

Problem in Australia (and somebody who knows more than me can correct) we don’t have enough of a system for yoof to get meaningful game time at a higher level. Grozos isn’t going to get better sitting on bench for a league  or bossing the NYL.

in UK players go on loan to lower levels most end up staying at that level some make it though

It also requires patience which we don’t have as football fans. Russel had a bad first half the other day but he’ll (and is) learning from it (to be fair he had a boss second half)

Id rather see us give yoof experience than Nick Fitzgerald coming on to run up and down for 20 mins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I suspect in part the point was to pass judgment on our yoof players it is better to go see them play rather than judge by the 3 ten minute cameos in the season some get 

I have seen him play in youth teams and yes he performs well but !!!! but he has not grasped the opportunities he has been given it is 1 step to far.  After leaves wanderers because of game time some one will pick him up , put big wraps on him him and sadly like a long list of wanderers kids will end up playing for Central coast Mariners. 

 

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Keithie said:

I have seen him play in youth teams and yes he performs well but !!!! but he has not grasped the opportunities he has been given it is 1 step to far.  After leaves wanderers because of game time some one will pick him up , put big wraps on him him and sadly like a long list of wanderers kids will end up playing for Central coast Mariners. 

 

   

Statistically the most likely scenario but I have feeling if we let him go we’ll regret it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We played better when sulivan came on and must definitely start with swegs out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Problem in Australia (and somebody who knows more than me can correct) we don’t have enough of a system for yoof to get meaningful game time at a higher level. Grozos isn’t going to get better sitting on bench for a league  or bossing the NYL. 

This I feel is where a second tier is a must. Players like Grozos etc could be given a 12 month loan to a second tier club to get the necessay experience.They would get more game time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...