Jump to content
marron

Armageddon Thread

Recommended Posts

I know of at least 10 people who've lost their jobs in the last few days or week. And I anticipate it will get much worse.

Some predictions say 15% unemployment, which is almost triple what it was beforehand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that teachers will be getting a significant pay rise after this self isolation period. If you're home schooling or remote learning right now I'm sharing your pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that teachers will be getting a significant pay rise after this self isolation period. If you're home schooling or remote learning right now I'm sharing your pain.

First day of home schooling here....fuuck that  :nono:

gave him an early mark  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

OMG this home school thing along with my usual work..i am knackered! :blink: After 1 day!!!!

He was also using up ******* bandwidth video confing gggrrrrrrrrrr

******* teachers :xmad: 

 

Edited by Smoggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Smoggy said:

UK effectively goes in to lockdown, everyone to stay home for 3 weeks. Can only leave home for a variety of listed reasons which are online.

An incredible call from Boris but an important one.

ScoMo doesn't have the guts to implement something like this..in the meantime we are pissing around with cruise ships and arguing about schools.

We have the same number of cases as the UK had 7 days ago and the same number of deaths as they had 12 days ago and currently we have less cases per million population than they have now.  Where the UK is now is where we will be in 1-2 weeks.  ScoMo won't have any choice but to move from the restriction stage to the suppression stage to minimise the effects of the pandemic here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that teachers will be getting a significant pay rise after this self isolation period. If you're home schooling or remote learning right now I'm sharing your pain.

I would like to share some pain with a few teachers about now! :aggressive:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/03/2020 at 8:30 PM, MathyouWSW said:

 

Not sure why, Mack...but it reminds me of Borek (or burek).

The best place to get a slice of one is down in Wollongong.

Nah...

Best place to get Burek is at my mother-in-law's house :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flytox said:

We have the same number of cases as the UK had 7 days ago and the same number of deaths as they had 12 days ago and currently we have less cases per million population than they have now.  Where the UK is now is where we will be in 1-2 weeks.  ScoMo won't have any choice but to move from the restriction stage to the suppression stage to minimise the effects of the pandemic here.

He’s a clown and we should be in total shutdown now. Everyone who’s paying attention knows that where we are now is a result of the previous week or two, and we were are in a week to two weeks is as a result of what we do now.

It’s gonna get much worse before it gets better. The next two weeks at least we are ****ed because it’s all the transmissions that happened before he got serious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

First day of home schooling here....fuuck that  :nono:

gave him an early mark  

Thats the attitude! I made him ******* work to the timetable and do everything / link up as it came in. Teachers have no ******* idea...half it didnt work! One stupid ****er sent a link to a quiz where you could reveal the answers ffs !

Edited by Smoggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha.

I kept things really simple today. Every idiot who doesn't know what they are doing plus every young childless teacher with too much time on their hands will be burning themselves out making videos and trying to conference call and whatnot and making it impossible for kids at home. I checked in with my classes, gave them a little bit of work, hung around on a doc in case they had questions.

September, my principal remarked today when I asked them what their money was on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, marron said:

Haha.

I kept things really simple today. Every idiot who doesn't know what they are doing plus every young childless teacher with too much time on their hands will be burning themselves out making videos and trying to conference call and whatnot and making it impossible for kids at home. I checked in with my classes, gave them a little bit of work, hung around on a doc in case they had questions.

September, my principal remarked today when I asked them what their money was on.

 

We had links, videos and other online shyte galore today. First up was an idiot with his video link that didnt work. Second up was some twat that shared spreadsheet that didnt work..so on..

End result was the kids posting errrr Miss / Mr it isnt working...

Email later in the day about kids posting and cluttering up the comments sections :rolleyes:

Absolute farce...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just heard the news about the covid death linked to the Ruby Princess cruise ship :(

I am not suggesting that testing her as she got off the boat might have saved her but what an absolute ******* shambles.

Sadly it may well not be the last death linked to that.133 diagnosed cases now from that ship! Its a disaster...

Meanwhile Fed and State gov pass the blame between them.

Edited by Smoggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

re: the school stuff I feel for you mate. :lol:

my advice - don't stress about it and try not to let him get stressed about it too. Despite what the minister said yesterday - we HAVEN'T been working on this stuff since January, we HAVEN'T been given more than maybe a few hours here or there over the last week or so about how we're going to do this, and the "packages of learning" that are supposedly all ready to go are, I can only assume, the Distance Education units that they published themselves,  yesterday (I mean, good thing they were ready JUST THEN after working on them for 3 months).

 

Anyway - point is, give them a little time, and give your kid a break as well - like, if the stuff isn't ready, don't let him sweat or worry about it. If he's bored, and you can see what it is that they are supposed to be learning about, tell him to look into whatever it is they are doing and put together something on it himself. He can say, sorry miss, no idea what you were trying to do, but I thought i'd just do a short explanation of it. Or draw a diagram of it. Or whatever.

 

re: the cruise ship. "My Bad", I guess?

Edited by marron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaptainJess said:

Nah...

Best place to get Burek is at my mother-in-law's house :P 

I'll take 5kg please. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just on US non action, this is a FB post I think from Europe...

 

It has 3 buses... starts with an Italian bus chasing and passing a Chinese bus and then a US bus screaming past in the break down lane... 

 

https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/fnpasx/nani_covidorifto/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The COVID-19 pandemic is accelerating, with more than 300,000 cases now recorded worldwide and infections reported from nearly every country.

World Health Organisation director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus outlined the numbers:

It took 67 days to go from one reported case to 100,000 cases
Then it took only 11 days to reach 200,000 cases
Then it took just four days to reach 300,000 cases

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i remember a few weeks ago(3 or 4 or something) seeing chinese police officers dragging people around and it wasnt easy to see but i hate to admit i agreed with them, people cant just be ******* walking around and spreading the virus and if people are not complying then action needs to be taken, it was a while ago though, also my dogs know **** all about social distancing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HollowedHeart said:

i remember a few weeks ago(3 or 4 or something) seeing chinese police officers dragging people around and it wasnt easy to see but i hate to admit i agreed with them, people cant just be ******* walking around and spreading the virus and if people are not complying then action needs to be taken, it was a while ago though, also my dogs know **** all about social distancing

Is something i have never contemplated..until now...but the safest place might be in your basement...

Social distancing would be hard what with the people already down there mind....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Smoggy said:

Is something i have never contemplated..until now...but the safest place might be in your basement...

Social distancing would be hard what with the people already down there mind....

they have not made any noise for weeks now, i think i forgot to feed them :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Yeah it’s ****ed. I am out of a job in mid May, got a mate who got told that if it’s like this on 1 June he’s gone. Friend just had her hours cut to 4 days, some down to 2 or 3. 

And these are full-timers (mine was my own fault I gave notice and hired my replacement and then Bam, virus hits), hate to be in hospo or casual job right now.

That sucks to hear btron, hope it gets better for you soon

This virus has come about so quickly and changed life so rapidly. It was only two weeks ago when we could all just traipse around freely and just over a month ago when toilet paper was bountiful in our supermarkets...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Is something i have never contemplated..until now...but the safest place might be in your basement...

Social distancing would be hard what with the people already down there mind....

Are severed heads still counted as people?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/03/2020 at 2:43 PM, Carns said:

Australia's confirmed cases have passed 1000. 83 more in NSW.

Cases in Australia have passed 2000. At this rate, 5000+ by the weekend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what growing up Italian is like....

All jokes aside, these are mayors telling people to stay home if they want to stop this thing. The mayor with the blue gloves is basically saying “ Why the fuuck are you writing to me? Stay home and nothing will happen “ “ Why the fuuck are you getting your hair done? “ etc etc

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

Are severed heads still counted as people?

FMD...! Jack Jr only lasted 1 day...?

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, sonar said:

FMD...! Jack Jr only lasted 1 day...?

:D

A better way to go!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Yeah it’s ****ed. I am out of a job in mid May, got a mate who got told that if it’s like this on 1 June he’s gone. Friend just had her hours cut to 4 days, some down to 2 or 3. 

And these are full-timers (mine was my own fault I gave notice and hired my replacement and then Bam, virus hits), hate to be in hospo or casual job right now.

yes, its sucks all the small businesses going under too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, marron said:

In all this craziness I forgot to mention my mrs is out of a job now. 

:grouphug:

What sector did she work in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...