Armageddon Thread

marron

1 minute ago, Davo said:

I think the 63 is the new cases linked to known cases.

From the press conference the CHO said 29 were infectious in the community. Still way too high for this to end any time soon.

Yep. Thanks. I should of posted this. Way too many.

9 hours ago, Ossified said:

Dan applauds you for your excellent example of Alliteration. However, I would have given you 10/10 if you had added "Does it again" instead of "at it again"

Hahaha...are you an English teacher too...or an ad man?  😆😆

I can imagine that both federal and NSW state governments, deep down, or hoping that Victoria will not be successful with their short hard lockdown. If they are then it will leave the Libs with a considerable amount of egg on their faces.

What I don't get: keeping the big shops and stores open = creating covid distribution centres = prolonging lockdown = prolonging the pressure on small businesses that are forced to close = additional tax payer money to bail out small business owners.

Looks like reverse economy to me.

3 minutes ago, FCB said:

I can imagine that both federal and NSW state governments, deep down, or hoping that Victoria will not be successful with their short hard lockdown. If they are then it will leave the Libs with a considerable amount of egg on their faces.

What I don't get: keeping the big shops and stores open = creating covid distribution centres = prolonging lockdown = prolonging the pressure on small businesses that are forced to close = additional tax payer money to bail out small business owners.

Looks like reverse economy to me.

It's ok, it's not their own money.... it's OURS
Very easy when not from your own pockets

12 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

NSW scores a Nelson day.

Level 4 restrictions from midnight. 

Should have announced lockdown in the Eastern suburbs when the limo driver was announced as having Delta

This is all on Scott Morrison and Dutton who did not close the borders to properly ensure every precaution at the borders (due air crew on cargo planes).

Only the following will be open for some time to come I think -

The retail exceptions include:

• Supermarkets
  • Stores selling medical supplies
  • Pharmacies
  • Petrol stations
  • Car hire
  • Banks and financial institutions
  • Hardware stores and nurseries
  • Agricultural supply stores
  • Pet supply stores
  • Post offices and news agents
  • Office supplies

How is the hair guys? Barbers might not be open for a month or two :D I am well used to growing my hair out and a few more inches wont make much difference for me.

Edited by Smoggy
7 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

• Supermarkets
  • Pharmacies
  • Petrol stations
  • Car hire
  • Pet supply stores
  • Office supplies

How is the hair guys? Barbers might not be open for a month or two :D I am well used to growing my hair out and a few more inches wont make much difference for me.

Time for a man bun then?

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

• Supermarkets
  • Pharmacies
  • Petrol stations
  • Car hire
  • Pet supply stores
  • Office supplies

Anyone worried about their hair being too long can always go to the chemist and buy a pair of scissors.

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Needed a cut before lockdown started. Getting my traditional Jewfro/white boy afro happening again. Mind you, I only get my hair cut twice a year at best so nothing too strange.

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

emmanuel petit images - Google Search

Like he used to sometimes, when playing?

That...or a ponytail!

Either way - do it! :xbop:

Oh no, she's started on Emmanuel Petit again! :P

My hair is probably the longest it's been in 25 years , haven't cut it since a few weeks before lockdown I think. It is a mess of thick victorian mental patient weirdness, not sure what's going to happen but I'm in for the longhaul now, we'll see if I can last it out till it looks normal.

1 minute ago, marron said:

My hair is probably the longest it's been in 25 years , haven't cut it since a few weeks before lockdown I think. It is a mess of thick victorian mental patient weirdness, not sure what's going to happen but I'm in for the longhaul now, we'll see if I can last it out till it looks normal.

Well, I'll listen out to the media for reports of a wild looking man inhabiting the woods around Blackheath in the coming months :D

12 minutes ago, Carns said:

Needed a cut before lockdown started. Getting my traditional Jewfro/white boy afro happening again. Mind you, I only get my hair cut twice a year at best so nothing too strange.

Oh no, she's started on Emmanuel Petit again! :P

:xbop:

7 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Well, I'll listen out to the media for reports of a wild looking man inhabiting the woods around Blackheath in the coming months :D

Yesterday I went to pick up the shopping and when I got out of the car I realised I'd just gone straight out in my slippers. It only took me half a second to remember where I was and it was fine though... :lol:

• mack locked this topic