marron

Armageddon Thread

7 hours ago, JackDoff said:

Yeah dude!  You got ducks to eat and ......

:cheeky:

:xmad:

scott morrison is about to talk, this is going to be a painful experience

Italy may well have peaked now...the big problem now could well be Spain, they have had a massive jump in numbers.

Such wishy washy gobbledygook from Morrison 

Faaarrrkin close the country down now. Go hard and shorten the pain. I truly believe the govts incompetence in not acting strongly enough  is contributing to peoples mental and financial misery

I don't think there are enough face palms in the world for this cretin. His incompetence is making it worse.

16 minutes ago, EmMac said:

Faaarrrkin close the country down now. Go hard and shorten the pain. I truly believe the govts incompetence in not acting strongly enough  is contributing to peoples mental and financial misery

i wonder how much thought they are putting into people's mental health, as depressing as it is i wonder if the suicide rate has increased much because there are a lot of people under extreme stress

17 minutes ago, EmMac said:

I truly believe the govts incompetence in not acting strongly enough  is contributing to peoples mental and financial misery

100% true.

What a trainwreck.

People keep telling him they're confused and he keeps saying it's simple.  Mate if you need to say "it's simple" to the people who have to understand it, we're in big trouble.

I mean, why would anyone find this confusing:

• No beauty salons, but barbers and hairdressers ok if you spend less than 30 minutes there...? WTF
  • No yoga, but bootcamp is ok for less than 10 people. But weddings only 5 people.
  • Schools are open, but kids that stay home are helping.

Jesus Christ. We're all gonna have to carry around a list with all the rules on it.

12 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

If you plan to do a few pushups at your wedding you can have twice as many attendees.

Is that a euphemism? 

13 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

If you plan to do a few pushups at your wedding you can have twice as many attendees.

Or bury somebody at the same time 

3 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Or bury somebody at the same time 

just bury one of the guests you dont like, they dont even have to be dead and if you do it early enough you can replace them for the ceremony

1 hour ago, btron3000 said:

:rofl: That's one of the funniest things I've ever seen here!

Thanks for the laugh, Btron!

1 hour ago, EmMac said:

Yes...please!!

I watched Greg Hunt this morning - on a health based address to the nation. He was good I thought. Josh Frydenberg (sp??) sounds generally credible.

Overall, though, it feels as though we have been cursed... with the govt we currently have. They genuinely frighten me, with some of the decisions being made. Or not made.

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Yes...please!!

I watched Greg Hunt this morning - on a health based address to the nation. He was good I thought. Josh Frydenberg (sp??) sounds generally credible.

Overall, though, it feels as though we have been cursed... with the govt we currently have. They genuinely frighten me, with some of the decisions being made. Or not made.

Ygg2Mb.gif

Just now, HollowedHeart said:

Ygg2Mb.gif

Oh pleeease!

You just spoilt an already shitty night with that, Goat.

But point taken - it's been a long time since we have had decent humans at the helm, imho.

6 hours ago, wendybr said:

Yes...please!!

You're not cursed if you chose it yourself. We chose this.

I see it is now being referred to as the 'Ruby Princess disaster' and a great article on it in the SMH about the impacts of this.

27 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I see it is now being referred to as the 'Ruby Princess disaster' and a great article on it in the SMH about the impacts of this.

Gladys behind closed doors told Lib members it was Duttons dept that let them in.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8148683/Australian-Border-Force-let-Ruby-Princess-cruise-passengers-disembark-Sydney-amid-coronavirus.html

9 hours ago, wendybr said:

Yes...please!!

It could be worse though....glad we're not living in the US !!

16 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

it would be scary in the US, i mean its usually scary over there :P but even more so right now

3 hours ago, marron said:

You're not cursed if you chose it yourself. We chose this.

No less than half of our fellow Australians chose this.....preference deals did the rest

7 minutes ago, Potkorok said:

No less than half of our fellow Australians chose this.....preference deals did the rest

....but it's the voters choice on the ballot paper where those preferences flow to, following a party how-to-vote card is a choice.

1 hour ago, sonar said:

Gladys behind closed doors told Lib members it was Duttons dept that let them in.....

Head of Border Force just did a press conference to blame NSW Health (the argument was Border Force's jurisdiction is only for immigration).

He said when a vessel arrives in Australia, there are "three red lights" that have to go green before passenger and crew could disembark.

Those red lights are: customs, immigration and human biosecurity. He said Border Force was only responsible for the immigration part of that.

"One is the customs test — are you carrying contraband, alcohol, prohibited substances?" he said.

"The other is a visa — are you entitled to be in Australia? That is the Australian Border Force's responsibility, we are legislated to undertake those tasks.

"The third is the biosecurity test, that is undertaken at the Commonwealth level. The state and territory health departments have responsibilities as well in this crisis."

Here's the crucial point he's making after questioning from journalists:

"The decision to allow them off in relation to the health and biosecurity issue was one of New South Wales Health."

So helpful that they all just blame each other, that definitely solves the problem.

2 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

It’s quite scary the situation that’s unfolding over there, they haven’t done the testing & current figures don’t really reflect the true levels.

The authorities in Italy have said that the recorded cases are only 1/10 the level of the true level of cases, they are only testing those that have serious respiratory symptoms (I take that as being hospitals).

We thought Italy had passed its peak but deaths rose again with another 750 deaths on Tuesday night. Looks like things might be peaking in Spain next with deaths rising their, truly horrific whats unfolding.

14 hours ago, EmMac said:

Faaarrrkin close the country down now. Go hard and shorten the pain.

The biggest issue we’ve got is that a federal approach won’t work because situations are different in the states. We should have gone harder in NSW but then there is the issue of mixed messaging from state & federal government.