Armageddon Thread

1 hour ago, sonar said:

Hearing NSW case numbers above 120 today. A jump in the number infectious in the community too, another tough day. 

via CH9 twitter.

Gladys says the outbreak will get worse. Like i said yesterday, there hasn't been an outbreak of this nature that hasn't spiked and so any increase would be in line with the reports I was listening to yesterday...

Something odd would be brewing if the numbers flat lined around 100....its not the true picture...so some are saying...

Edited by Smoggy
20 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Gladys says the outbreak will get worse. Like i said yesterday, there hasn't been an outbreak of this nature that hasn't spiked and so any increase would be in line with the reports I was listening to yesterday...

Something odd would be brewing if the numbers flat lined around 100....its not the true picture...so some are saying...

Yep and underestimating infectious while in the community doesn't help........the number infectious in the community released as 48. It was 87 (over two thirds of new cases) who were at least infectious for part of the time. Even if you were in the community for a short period infected why don't just say so. So much @rse covering going on....lol

47 minutes ago, sonar said:

Firstly, I don't necessarily disagree with what your saying but we have been trying to get on top of covid since Feb 2020. That's close to 18 months.

Secondly, Failure to vaccinate sufficient proportions of the community earlier is why Delta is running rampant. It's why we're in lockdown. That's a failure of govt supply. 

Thirdly, The "It's not a race" meme from the feds and the NSW "Gold Standard" meme has led people to believe we were over the worst and we have become complacent tbh. 

Finally, who or what sections are the most at risk? It has been only recently.....last couple of months....... that it has become mandatory for aged care workers to be vaccinated. Should of happened from the get go.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-02/charting-australias-covid-vaccine-rollout/13197518

Bloody oath the vaccine roll out is a shambles.

But saying that we will not change anything now. That's just being used now for political spin for leaders that don't now what to do, don't want to admit a mistake or how to answer a question.

What's the plan for the situation right now ?  

Edited by Stokz
8 minutes ago, Stokz said:

What's the plan for the situation right now ?  

Is there one.?

Where I agree with you is about getting most at risk vaxed asap. Frontline health, aged  or care residents and workers, people with a disability and the workers who assist them, who more often than not work in multiple places. Should of been mandatory.

Hope and pray seems to be the go. It's a bit catch 22 at the minute. Can't open up till vaccinations are high and infections drop and that won't happen till vaccination happens. Vicious cycle.

Edited by sonar
7 minutes ago, sonar said:

Is there one.?

Where I agree with you is about getting most at risk vaxed asap. Frontline health, aged  or care residents and workers, people with a disability and the workers who assist them, who more often than not work in multiple places. Should of been mandatory.

Hope and pray seems to be the go.

They played the political plan at the start when they thought they could contract trace their way out of it, it's backfired big time and now they are running around like headless chooks and blaming everyone else.

This tweet couldn't have said it better: 

'When outbreaks are under control, it's the brilliant work of the NSW government. When they're out of control, it's the public's fault.'

Edited by Stokz
3 hours ago, Stokz said:

They played the political plan at the start when they thought they could contract trace their way out of it, it's backfired big time and now they are running around like headless chooks and blaming everyone else.

This tweet couldn't have said it better: 

'When outbreaks are under control, it's the brilliant work of the NSW government. When they're out of control, it's the public's fault.'

And the Feds blamed the States yesterday for not getting enough vaccines out. The States then responded they didn't have enough Pfizer. Absolute shambles.

is it true ScoMo stood up and said sorry today? Lol

If true I bet that stuck in his throat.

Edited by Smoggy
26 minutes ago, Cynth said:

Got a bit (a lot) of swearing in it and Clem isn’t everyone’s cup of tea (generally not mine either), but I couldn’t look away from this rant…..I can relate to feeling like this after my third wine! :P

https://fb.watch/v/2ZfbOhID2/

Thanks for the warning that it is a Clem Ford vid, I don’t need to click to know it will be shyte.

NSW is going to have the best Claytons lockdown aka “stay home order” ever. NSW will not come second to VIC!

To make sure that the virus can be spread in the community we will keep non essential shops open. We will continue to be half pregnant. Gold standard all the way. The way the figures are going we can look forward to some form of normality some time between winter and summer. How good is that?

I have been enjoying red wine and scotch quite a bit in the last 15 months. Should I die before the virus is made redundant I shall be cremated. If that happens it will either trigger a sizeable explosion, or my remains will burn for a week. I drink to that!

21 minutes ago, FCB said:

I have been enjoying red wine and scotch quite a bit in the last 15 months. Should I die before the virus is made redundant I shall be cremated. If that happens it will either trigger a sizeable explosion, or my remains will burn for a week. I drink to that!

I understood that bit.

We have to be mindful where our politicians are coming from. Angela Merkel is a scientist, Morrison an evangelist who believes in miracles. 

Morrison July 2nd: “When it is like the flu, we should treat it like the flu and that means no lockdowns.”

18 months into the pandemic the prime minister of Australia is still in fairy tale territory. Right from the word “go” COVID was considered a flu virus. But even though the some symptoms are flu like, COVID is a coronavirus. It will never be like the flu.

It all flows from there. If it is like flu then we, theoretically at least, can continue on as if nothing serious is going on. That’s the fantasy, and it’s the crux of the matter. It leads to the ongoing gaslighting of the Australian public, and itcomes from the highest political level.

In contrast, Angela Merkel said yesterday: “Preventing the overburdening of the health system remains the guiding principle our actions.” It means lockdowns when required. That is a very different picture, and a reality that Melbourne was facing last year. Let’s hope the figures in Sydney are not going through the roof in days and weeks (months?) to come. 

25 minutes ago, FCB said:

We have to be mindful where our politicians are coming from. Angela Merkel is a scientist, Morrison an evangelist who believes in miracles. 

The only one thing Merkel and Morrison have in common is that their surnames begin with the letter M.

1 hour ago, Ossified said:

The only one thing Merkel and Morrison have in common is that their surnames begin with the letter M.

I have met Merkel :) Very nice lady. I think she thought I was German when she spoke to me :D

18 minutes ago, Carns said:

National Emergency declared for south west and western Sydney.

Control has been lost now. It didn't need to get to this. Oohhh the mistakes going back to when they just declared Bondi and a few other eastern burbs red zones, it was clearly ridiculous at the time. Bigger mistake than the cruise ship thingy last year.

Edited by Smoggy

My parents in UK went over a year without having my sisters and their kids in their house. They live just down the road. The best the did was shout to each other from a long outside distance while my parents stood by an open windows. Sometimes via mobile while looking at each other.

Far too much moving around and people going in to each others houses and units I expect.

My view: today's presser is a game changer. The priorities have changed dramatically.

• Top of the list: containing the virus and vaccination. no more talk about the "economy"
  • non more anti AZ sentiments talk, any vaccine is better than no vaccine; Brad Hazzard more or less said that in a national emergency it is our duty to accepting the minuscule risk of dying because of AZ
  • as of today the federal government will be forced to redirect vaccines to where it is most needed; if food production and delivery coming out of SW Sydney stops then toilet paper supplies will be the least of our worries; WA, QLD, SA will not be happy
  • And: when Gladys talks about "normality" she now says "October"

In short: the meaning of F*U*C*K has officially arrived on NSW government's radar. Next stop: Canberra.

ScoMo's vaccine "strategy" is the mother of all stuff ups. That's what happens when a "she'll be right" and "no worries" attitude gets in the way or pragmatic risk management.

27 minutes ago, FCB said:

My view: today's presser is a game changer. The priorities have changed dramatically.

• Top of the list: containing the virus and vaccination. no more talk about the "economy"
  • non more anti AZ sentiments talk, any vaccine is better than no vaccine; Brad Hazzard more or less said that in a national emergency it is our duty to accepting the minuscule risk of dying because of AZ
  • as of today the federal government will be forced to redirect vaccines to where it is most needed; if food production and delivery coming out of SW Sydney stops then toilet paper supplies will be the least of our worries; WA, QLD, SA will not be happy
  • And: when Gladys talks about "normality" she now says "October"

In short: the meaning of F*U*C*K has officially arrived on NSW government's radar. Next stop: Canberra.

ScoMo's vaccine "strategy" is the mother of all stuff ups. That's what happens when a "she'll be right" and "no worries" attitude gets in the way or pragmatic risk management.

The luck finally ran out.

Gladys played one hand too many.

How many Aussies want to head home from Europe now eh. Its flipped around, may as well ride it out away from here if they can, especially if vaccinated and living in Europe.

We are cut adrift now good n proper.

Edited by Smoggy
39 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

How many Aussies want to head home from Europe now eh. Its flipped around, may as well ride it out away from here if they can, especially if vaccinated and living in Europe.

We are cut adrift now good n proper.

Those in the UK might as well stay....'Freedom' achieved this week then there's the ever increasing benefits of Brexit to enjoy :xnod:

I think we'll be in lockdown till October.

Some restrictions may ease, especially outdoor type activities but indoor restrictions will carry on.

I could handle it for another month, over August, its cold anyway so not missing out on that much.

But once it starts warming up and the nice spring days come and we are locked inside that's when it hits you the most.