Armageddon Thread

In NSW.............141 new cases plus 62 infectious while in the communuty ( 38 + 24 partially, though how you can be partially infectious escapes me ).....not looking too flash.

1 hour ago, Cynth said:

The part I don’t agree with Wendy is the whole “no money in it” thing. If there is a treatment, whether it’s on or off patent, there is a Pharmaceutical company that will willingly manufacture it and they will make money. That’s just business. 

Sure, but they won't have exclusive rights to it, is my understanding. Anyone can manufacture it.

Anyway - this has all been out there since MARCH 2020...whilst billions and billions and BILLIONS  of $$ was being poured into vaccines, which would not have been approved for emergency use as they have been, IF there was an alternative treatment - already in use for 40 years, with an incredibly good safety profile. A medication that could be repurposed.

No doctors are speaking out about Ivermectin per se- it has been considered a "wonder drug", won its developers a Nobel prize for medicine, is on the WHO's critically useful list, and has been used to treat nearly 4 billion people. Not a whole lot of lengthy research needs to be done, starting from scratch, on the safety of this drug.

OF COURSE, that doesn't mean that data doesn't have to be gone through for its use for THIS virus.

BUT when desperate  doctors all over the world have used this, and saved even the sickest of people with it - without the authorisation in some cases of the hospital boards and their national regulators, it should have had what data existed fast tracked, surely.

But at the highest of levels, appeals from doctors have been brushed away, or flat out ignored.

How does that make sense?

16 minutes ago, Cynth said:

Lol Wendy we just posted the same paper. Look above. :)

Trust me I’m not against any possible treatments. Now if we could have a Operation Warp Speed for COVID treatments….

Oh yes!

Great! Happy reading - hahahahahaha!

4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Oh yes!

Great! Happy reading - hahahahahaha!

Lol, I already read the important parts. He is a sensible doctor. He admits the limitations to the studies. He advocates for an emergency treatment protocol for Ivermectin before all the results come in. There is a good argument he puts up. But it will be no miracle cure Wendy. Just a treatment. Hopefully one that will mean that those who choose not to be vaccinated will not need to use a vaccine passport for very long until the health crisis has passed. 

Thanks for the info. Very informative. 

18 minutes ago, sonar said:

In NSW.............141 new cases plus 62 infectious while in the communuty ( 38 + 24 partially, though how you can be partially infectious escapes me ).....not looking too flash.

Don't forget the 2 overnight deaths, one woman in her 70's and a woman in her 30's who had no pre-existing health issues.

43 minutes ago, Cynth said:

@wendy

Hey Wendy, I found the summary report that Dr Kory wrote summarising the study’s for Ivermectin…

https://journals.lww.com/americantherapeutics/fulltext/2021/06000/review_of_the_emerging_evidence_demonstrating_the.4.aspx

It’s interesting. He is advocating for a treatment protocol for it based primarily on the early results of the current study. I doubt many will officially approve it till the results are validated but I would say that if someone  had Covid and had a doctor who kept up with the state of the research, maybe they could convince them to give it a go. 

This group frequently look at Ivermenctin - but I don't know about their credentials.

Do they look legit?

Trial Site News 

I'm looking for something specific, about a judge ordering a hospital in NYC to administer Ivermenctin on two occasions when the treating Dr refused - lol.

Haven't found it yet, but  I discovered that yesterday here - today in most other parts of the world is actually World Ivermenctin Day??

Ivermectin – TrialSiteNews

LOL!

13 minutes ago, wendybr said:

This group frequently look at Ivermenctin - but I don't know about their credentials.

Do they look legit?

Trial Site News 

I'm looking for something specific, about a judge ordering a hospital in NYC to administer Ivermenctin on two occasions when the treating Dr refused - lol.

Haven't found it yet, but  I discovered that yesterday here - today in most other parts of the world is actually World Ivermenctin Day??

Ivermectin – TrialSiteNews

LOL!

I didn’t look into their credentials too much except Dr Kory a little and he seems legit to me. 

42 minutes ago, Cynth said:

I didn’t look into their credentials too much except Dr Kory a little and he seems legit to me. 

Trial Site News - it's a website - reviewing medical research etc - I think.

This is from today  - I just found it -  watch when you can find a bit of time.

Seriously, we are being treated like mushrooms I think.

Dr Kory is on this and you see the passion with which he speaks - he's really easy to listen to.

World Ivermectin Day: Data Matters Panel (trialsitenews.com)

PS I'm doing a Zip (:lol:)

:):)

2 hours ago, sonar said:

The partially refers to being in the community or not while infectious not the level of infection.

3 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

The partially refers to being in the community or not while infectious not the level of infection.

Ed, I get it. ( Not having a go at you here ).

The point being they were in the community while infectious a part of the time before isolation. 

Govt playing semantics with the numbers. 38 as a lower number than 62 sounds better .?

56 minutes ago, sonar said:

Ed, I get it. ( Not having a go at you here ).

The point being they were in the community while infectious a part of the time before isolation. 

Govt playing semantics with the numbers. 38 as a lower number than 62 sounds better .?

I can imagine that I would be a partial should I be infected. I am working from home and staying home all the time except for the occasional trip to the supermarket to get essentials. That would be “partial” right?  

27 minutes ago, Cynth said:

I can imagine that I would be a partial should I be infected. I am working from home and staying home all the time except for the occasional trip to the supermarket to get essentials. That would be “partial” right?  

That makes sense to me, Cynth.

It doesn't necessarily mean that those out in the community are out partying.

I've been "out in the community" briefly for essential reasons 3 times in the past 4 weeks. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to work from home, and essentially stay at home, as people in my position can.

38 minutes ago, Cynth said:

Yep. Or being infectious and not knowing till test results or contract tracers catch up. Not saying you will or do......but going out while infectious is still going into the community......if that makes sense.....:)....I just find how they do the numbers a tad mystifying.

Edited by sonar
51 minutes ago, sonar said:

Yep. Or being infectious and not knowing till test results or contract tracers catch up. Not saying you will or do......but going out while infectious is still going into the community......if that makes sense.....:)....I just find how they do the numbers a tad mystifying.

I don’t think anyone who is awaiting a test result or knows they are positive should be leaving the house at all! The last thing we need is for there to be mandated medi-hotels for people! 

THE "idiots" who marched for Freedom are not the idiots ...

1. You told us to stay home for 2 weeks to 'flatten the curve'. And so we did what you asked and 18 months later we are still locked in our homes

2. You kept brothels open but closed churches

3. You tell us you are "following the science" whilst subjecting us to arbitrary restrictions with zero basis in science

4. You formed a national cabinet to fight Covid, and use it to fight among yourselves with us as collateral damage

5. You said "we're all in this together" while we lost our jobs and you got pay rises. 

6. You made us quarantine in small hotel rooms while making special rules for Hollywood stars

7. You keep Australian citizens from returning home while allowing Caitlyn Jenner into the country to film Big Brother

8. You refuse individuals the ability to visit relatives interstate but give special exemptions to entire football teams

9. You tell us AZ is unsafe for under 60s, then only unsafe for under 50s and now urge us all to get it, sneering at us if we hesitate to follow your ever-changing advice

10. You said we can't go overseas but that you simply must go overseas to pitch for the Olympics

11. And now, of course, you tell us that last year's BLM march was safe but that our protest for freedom is a super spreader. 

Is it any wonder thousands of people finally snapped yesterday and said "screw you"?

53 minutes ago, sonar said:

Yep. Or being infectious and not knowing till test results or contract tracers catch up. 

If you've taken a test, you've either developed symptoms, which is why you've taken the test, or you've been ordered to take the test, because you've been identified as a contact.

Noone in those instances should be out in the community, until the specified time you are allowed to leave home....is my understanding.

4 minutes ago, Cynth said:

I don’t think anyone who is awaiting a test result or knows they are positive should be leaving the house at all! The last thing we need is for there to be mandated medi-hotels for people! 

Oh - I think I said the same thing as you again!  :D

7 minutes ago, Stokz said:

1. You told us to stay home for 2 weeks to 'flatten the curve'. And so we did what you asked and 18 months later we are still locked in our homes

3. You tell us you are "following the science" whilst subjecting us to arbitrary restrictions with zero basis in science

4. You formed a national cabinet to fight Covid, and use it to fight among yourselves with us as collateral damage

5. You said "we're all in this together" while we lost our jobs and you got pay rises. 

6. You made us quarantine in small hotel rooms while making special rules for Hollywood stars

7. You keep Australian citizens from returning home while allowing Caitlyn Jenner into the country to film Big Brother

8. You refuse individuals the ability to visit relatives interstate but give special exemptions to entire football teams

9. You tell us AZ is unsafe for under 60s, then only unsafe for under 50s and now urge us all to get it, sneering at us if we hesitate to follow your ever-changing advice

10. You said we can't go overseas but that you simply must go overseas to pitch for the Olympics

11. And now, of course, you tell us that last year's BLM march was safe but that our protest for freedom is a super spreader. 

Is it any wonder thousands of people finally snapped yesterday and said "screw you"?

That's a pretty good analysis of the perspective of many people.

PS The protests are global today.

5 minutes ago, Stokz said:

Sure Stokz, people “snapped” and said “screw you” and that will cost us all. One thing I agree with Scott Morrison on is, how self-defeating  this selfish act will be. 

PS, I was just as pissed about the BLM protests for the same reason, we are in a pandemic!! 

15 minutes ago, Stokz said:

That's a "common sense" analysis.

That's not what yesterday was about though.

2 minutes ago, FCB said:

That's a "common sense" analysis.

That's not what yesterday was about though.

Are there protests happening in Germany FCB?

They're happening in numerous European cities,

What are they about?

Last night, Dad had a fall while getting up to go to the toilet. Being dark, and he being blind (he has about 4% vision in one eye) and with his dementia, he really has no idea where he is heading, even though the bathroom door is about 1.5 metres away from his side of the bed. He hit his head during the fall.

He's now in Westmead hospital. Has had a CT scan and it showed some bleeding from the brain. They've taken him off his warfarin and reversing it to try and stem the bleeding. He'll have another CT scan tomorrow to check the success of that.
Saddest thing is that no one can visit him. Not even my sister who is the primary carer. Not at this stage anyway.

I've rung my mum twice today to check on her welfare and both times she was in tears. She's getting good care though from the facility she is in. We can't visit her to support her either.
Covid sucks because when people like these are at a moment in their lives where they need loved ones around them, it's forbidden. They need us to hold their hand and offer love, comfort and support and it's not possible. 

Dad is lucid, but laying in a hospital bed alone - probably not even knowing where he is, with no chance of any loving human contact from his family.

It makes me so sad.

3 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Last night, Dad had a fall while getting up to go to the toilet. Being dark, and he being blind (he has about 4% vision in one eye) and with his dementia, he really has no idea where he is heading, even though the bathroom door is about 1.5 metres away from his side of the bed. He hit his head during the fall.

He's now in Westmead hospital. Has had a CT scan and it showed some bleeding from the brain. They've taken him off his warfarin and reversing it to try and stem the bleeding. He'll have another CT scan tomorrow to check the success of that.
Saddest thing is that no one can visit him. Not even my sister who is the primary carer. Not at this stage anyway.

I've rung my mum twice today to check on her welfare and both times she was in tears. She's getting good care though from the facility she is in. We can't visit her to support her either.
Covid sucks because when people like these are at a moment in their lives where they need loved ones around them, it's forbidden. They need us to hold their hand and offer love, comfort and support and it's not possible. 

Dad is lucid, but laying in a hospital bed alone - probably not even knowing where he is, with no chance of any loving human contact from his family.

It makes me so sad.

Ohhh WB - I'm so sorry to hear that!

I'm sending my best wishes to you all, for your dad's recovery, and his return to your mum and the rest of the family.

:grouphug::grouphug:

13 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

It makes me so sad.

Very sorry to hear and sad for all your family. I hope he recovers soon.

49 minutes ago, Stokz said:

Oh I agree with many of your points, but the thing is the way to protest it is to vote the lot out in 2023 and more immediately, perhaps write letters to MPs to voice displeasure

Protesting it by defying the health orders will only extend the lockdowns

The ones I don't agree with are point 9, because that is ATAGI advice which obviously changes depending on the data, and 11, because BLM was also not an authorised protest and was also blamed to be a superspreader event

One thing that does **** me, and you pointed it out, is point 10. If I have the financial means to leave this country, then I should be able to.

Hopefully such events will mean less informal and donkey voting because we can see what happens when the populace vote in **** government

31 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

It makes me so sad.

Oh that’s so sad. I’m so sorry. :grouphug:

11 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Hopefully such events will mean less informal and donkey voting because we can see what happens when the populace vote in **** government

It's a long time until the next election, people have short memories.

Plus, plenty of time for pork barreling to bring in the votes.

I posted the ATAGI report earlier, either in this thread or a vaccination thread, but their conclusions haven’t changed. From the start their report has weighed the risks of the vaccine against the benefits of reducing the risk of the virus.

Their original report included multiple models with outbreaks of varying sizes, and as the modelled outbreak gets worse the benefit of the vaccine increases while the risk remains the same. This changes the risk to benefit calculation and the resulting health advice. As I said, this has been in the report from the beginning.

In my opinion the thing to be mad about isn’t that the advice has changed, it’s that the vaccine rollout and quarantine systems have been so badly managed that we’ve found ourselves in a situation where the safest option is for young people to roll the dice on a vaccine that has killed a handful of people.

People are going to die from AZ complications and those deaths would have been avoided if we had more Pfizer available or proper quarantine facilities. I didn’t see anyone protesting that.

4 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

It makes me so sad.

Oh that's awful WB

Hang in there :grouphug: :grouphug:

1 hour ago, Davo said:

People are going to die from AZ complications and those deaths would have been avoided if we had more Pfizer available or proper quarantine facilities. I didn’t see anyone protesting that.

This is all on Morrison.

He had the chance to secure 20 million Pfizer doses in JULY 2020., instead he gambled on the UQ and Astra-Zeneca (Manufactured by CSL) vaccines because both would have been manufactured in Melbourne. 

He chose unsuitable hotels (without negative air pressure rooms) for quarantine. IMO to support his mates in the hotel industry. He shot down quarantine camps from the Queensland Premier then set-up Howard Springs.

Plus he forced ATAGI to change its tine.

Anyone remember which vaccine he got, it was Pfizer

Morrison is a f***ing cane. He needs a spray of disinfectant and you know what that does to a can toad!