Armageddon Thread

marron

48 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I mentioned in this thread a week or two back exactly what you and Marron are saying. The daily press conference were rubbish and there should be more parliamentary accountability.

This will be buried amongst multiple posts repeating exactly the same thing over and over about worming tablets and Israel. 

Parliamentary accountability , that's just bullshit.

If you have the numbers  , which the Government has , you control the parliament and it's just a jabber jabber talk fest , insults are traded and the caravan rolls on. And how many people care or listen to parliament , as I said parliamentary accountability is just bullshit in reality. 

4 minutes ago, theseeker said:

If you have the numbers  , which the Government has , you control the parliament and it's just a jabber jabber talk fest , insults are traded and the caravan rolls on. And how many people care or listen to parliament , as I said parliamentary accountability is just bullshit in reality. 

:rofl:

So we just cancel parliament and have a dictatorship...?

:rofl:

Thank heavens for ICAC eh. ?

:D

36 minutes ago, theseeker said:

But they are asked non-softball questions in a public forum that the media can report on. That is the accountability - at least in theory anyway.

Ok I said I wasn't going to post, but this is in a newspaper and surely it deserves more investigation, obviously the "authorised" "authorities" and so called scientists will disagree with this brave truth seeker 

YouTube clips to follow 

14 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Ok I said I wasn't going to post, but this is in a newspaper and surely it deserves more investigation, obviously the "authorised" "authorities" and so called scientists will disagree with this brave truth seeker 

YouTube clips to follow 

How can you question the validity of his claim?

All the evidence is in the story:

- caught covid, drank his piss, spent 3 weeks in an iron lung = cured!

- caught covid again (the delta variant), drank his piss, spent a week in a coma = cured!

Clearly the iron lung and coma were merely incidental in his recoveries.

Cured! Not once but twice! Irrefutable!

:crazy: :crazy:

40 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

YouTube clips to follow 

See now really, I question a journalists decision to cover this story. There are levels of stupid, and the journalist is not exempt from those levels. Treating its audience like morons! 

48 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

YouTube clips to follow 

Is that his piss in the bottle? If so, yeeks, I think he's got some bigger issues than Covid, tbh.

I also like that that was the healthiest photo of him they could get. Looks like warmed up death.

38 minutes ago, Cynth said:

See now really, I question a journalists decision to cover this story. There are levels of stupid, and the journalist is not exempt from those levels. Treating its audience like morons! 

It's a big pharma conspiracy, they can't patent Tony's piss so are undermining it 

56 minutes ago, Carns said:

Is that his piss in the bottle? If so, yeeks, I think he's got some bigger issues than Covid, tbh.

I also like that that was the healthiest photo of him they could get. Looks like warmed up death.

My other question is it all piss or Tony's? Will drinking my own wee work or should I ask Tony to post a bottle over?

So some other EU coming to the rescue because

The 1 million doses – which add to the 10 million Moderna doses already on order – are being sent from Spain, Czech Republic, Portugal and Bulgaria, which all have surplus vaccines that need to be used before they expire. 

Another 1 million Moderna COVID 19 vaccine doses coming to Australia after EU deal https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-12/one-million-moderna-vaccines-secured-from-eu-scott-morrison/100455502

On 09/09/2021 at 12:46 PM, mack said:

Says it all when their big "freedom day" press release talks about how they "consulted with industry". Instead of the Health department, when they came up with this nonsense 70% figure. The moment She lets it rip companies will completely ignore trying to enforce restrictions and the cops will stop caring unless you're one of their targets in the west.

On Insiders today, it was clearly pointed out that the National Party Leader Barillaro who took the plan to Crisis Cabinet. 

And remember that his daughter was fined for failing to comply with Covid restrictions.

So the National Party can be blamed if the reopening goes pear shaped as well as Gladys bin-chicken for accepting the plan.

Both of these two idiots are, IMO, CORRUPT Politicians and should be removed from office as soon as possible. 

17 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

YouTube clips to follow 

One can only wonder what might have happened had this made it to Trump before Zelenko, the hydrochloroquine guy. Would it have triggered research into global piss parties?

Talk about Zelenko aka “Dr May” and his Rabbi: why would anyone pay any attention what these nutcases have to say about anything really? Yet here we are. And I may become the King of Bavaria some time soon. Or not at all. 

“There are properties in this vaccine which may inhibit fertility for young girls,” Zelenko said, without evidence, to Rabbi Amnon Yitzhak. “Also, there’s small particles called nanoparticles in this vaccine that may have the ability to track someone. In other words, with the increasing satellite networks, it may be very possible to have a GPS inside of every person.”

https://www.israeltoday.co.il/read/the-rabbi-and-the-new-world-order/

44 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Singapore 

Singapore reaches 80 pc double-vaccination rate but life is not returning to normal https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-13/singapore-has-80-per-cent-vaccination-but-life-is-not-normal/100450154

80% vaccinated is too low according to this article 

Population density and high rise living might be a major factor there.

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Singapore 

Singapore reaches 80 pc double-vaccination rate but life is not returning to normal https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-13/singapore-has-80-per-cent-vaccination-but-life-is-not-normal/100450154

The article mentions Singapore is targeting more than 80% of the TOTAL population, far greater than the Australian target which was 80% of people 16 and over. The article also mentions that Singapore has almost plateaued as the people that are left would be anti vaxxers and people who refuse to get the vaccine (can be medical reasons) making it almost impossible to reach 90%. 

What the article doesn't mention is Singapore's density and limited land space making it difficult to avoid contact and delta transference easier. There are a lot of factors and variables that cannot be applied to our situation. Regardless it is concerning even at 80% with the delta variant the Health system in Singapore cannot cope.

I honestly don't know what the right way out for us in NSW is but I know there is no way we are getting to 90% here if we do it will miraculous . 80% is achievable, the question is how do we respond with what will be insane numbers heading to emergency to already overworked health professionals when we do plateau ourselves and begin to open up. The government really needs to pump in a lot more money to projects and responses for emergency health to COVID, we are already seeing a taste of what this virus can do to the health system with paramedics stretched all over Western Sydney.

45 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

The article mentions Singapore is targeting more than 80% of the TOTAL population, far greater than the Australian target which was 80% of people 16 and over. The article also mentions that Singapore has almost plateaued as the people that are left would be anti vaxxers and people who refuse to get the vaccine (can be medical reasons) making it almost impossible to reach 90%. 

What the article doesn't mention is Singapore's density and limited land space making it difficult to avoid contact and delta transference easier. There are a lot of factors and variables that cannot be applied to our situation. Regardless it is concerning even at 80% with the delta variant the Health system in Singapore cannot cope.

I honestly don't know what the right way out for us in NSW is but I know there is no way we are getting to 90% here if we do it will miraculous . 80% is achievable, the question is how do we respond with what will be insane numbers heading to emergency to already overworked health professionals when we do plateau ourselves and begin to open up. The government really needs to pump in a lot more money to projects and responses for emergency health to COVID, we are already seeing a taste of what this virus can do to the health system with paramedics stretched all over Western Sydney.

I would add that NSW Treasury needs to give up on the premise that, after this Covid-19 crisis is passed, that NSW needs to 100% bed occupied in public hospitals.

54 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

The article mentions Singapore is targeting more than 80% of the TOTAL population, far greater than the Australian target which was 80% of people 16 and over.

Morrison, the idiot, only wants 64% of the entire Australian population vaccinated.

Interesting that Gladys ( who was not doing anymore pressers after yesterdays  :D) hinting in a presser today that restrictions won't be fully lifted for those with 2 doses until 80% of the population is doubled dosed, a bit of a change from 70%,and those that are eligible but don't get vaxxed won't have any easing at all. 

I get that some folks are anti vax, but the fear is they will clog up the health system when, not if, a new variant escapes quarantine. If Delta was able to do so much damage from just one infected person it makes you wonder at what will happen when we open up.

Just sharing...

Was talking to a woman on Sunday who said she was a doctor.... no reason to doubt her... she was walking her dog past our place and I said thats a nice dog and we got talking.

AnyWho, she told me some things, that I found interesting,... I can't recall them all she did specifically say a lot ....

Its about the infection rate.

The original Cov had an infection rate of about 1.1, very similar to the flu.

Delta Cov, she said,  has an infection rate of just over 2, about twice the flu.

Chicken pox, was 5,

Measles was 10,..... measles one case, she said, if we had no vaccine would spread Australia wide within four weeks she said...  

She said if a Cov Variant, and this is what has the WHO, and many medical people are concerned & on edge is given the original Cov almost doubled with Detla and she says Delta is worst to catch and why it effects more people i.e. age group that the original Cov. Its possible is we get a far more infectious variant that the spread could be uncontrollable.   Look at how VIC locked up with one case, ring of steel etc... they could not have done any more ...

TWAS an interesting conversation as she was quite clinical....  

I asked her would the vaccine's we get today be effective against say a more infectious variant and she said she did not know, but it would certainty help.

Doctors chat over.... and a couple of things to consider...

Many countries opening up seem to have for want of a better word, red and green countries... red countries you need to quarantine, green you can come in...

The Biggie ... if she is correct and new variants could be more infectious the need to build at least one Stand Alone Quarantine facility is even more pressing today than it was 12 months ago.

Howard Springs ... seems the logical place... kinda make it massive, 10K or more capacity...  and maybe a more complex system than simple red and green, maybe some greys... the greys could be in city hotel quarantine..

Back to work...

As I said was an interesting conversation and I took her at her word she was a doctor... 

5 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Singapore 

I read this article this morning. Talk about burying the lead. 

Only 35 seriously ill people and seven in ICU in Singapore with COVID. Also the quote below...

"We're finding quite a lot of breakthrough infections among vaccinated people, but these are mostly mild or asymptomatic."

While any illness or death is sad, I do think we need perspective. We never batted an eyelid when flu and pneumonia deaths were 2500-3000 a year pre-2019 (you could argue we should have though). We just encouraged people to get the flu vaccine and to be cautious with their hygiene. Vax rates for the annual flu are only ever between 40-50%.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm not comparing COVID to the flu. COVID is much more dangerous and transmissible. However, in 2018 Singapore (5M pop) reported over 6000 deaths from flu and pneumonia. Australia (25M pop) reported just over 3000. Now all of a sudden they're worried about ~60 COVID deaths since 2020? By all means, keep some common sense restrictions in place for the time being but 80-85% vax rate is where it's at. You'll be lucky to get higher. 

The whole aim of vaccinations is to keep serious illness and death to a minimum. At some point, we need to accept there will be cases. There's cautious and then there's too cautious. I still think Australia is in a precarious position at this very moment, but come December if we're at 80-85%, we need to be looking at bare minimum restrictions. 

1 minute ago, CaptainJess said:

I read this article this morning. Talk about burying the lead. 

Only 35 seriously ill people and seven in ICU in Singapore with COVID. Also the quote below...

While any illness or death is sad, I do think we need perspective. We never batted an eyelid when flu and pneumonia deaths were 2500-3000 a year pre-2019 (you could argue we should have though). We just encouraged people to get the flu vaccine and to be cautious with their hygiene. Vax rates for the annual flu are only ever between 40-50%.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm not comparing COVID to the flu. COVID is much more dangerous and transmissible. However, in 2018 Singapore (5M pop) reported over 6000 deaths from flu and pneumonia. Australia (25M pop) reported just over 3000. Now all of a sudden they're worried about ~60 COVID deaths since 2020? By all means, keep some common sense restrictions in place for the time being but 80-85% vax rate is where it's at. You'll be lucky to get higher. 

The whole aim of vaccinations is to keep serious illness and death to a minimum. At some point, we need to accept there will be cases. There's cautious and then there's too cautious. I still think Australia is in a precarious position at this very moment, but come December if we're at 80-85%, we need to be looking at bare minimum restrictions. 

I think your right and those states saying they can maintain zero case numbers are living in fairy land... luck will eventually run out ...

No one could have locked down harder than VIC, today there case numbers are approaching 500 ... if the chart people are correct within two to three weeks VIC will have more daily cases than NSW...

Issue with NSW & VIC their Delta case, was not found for a few days and the person infected was out and about and was found late... the QLD person got a test early and had only been at home... 

So whatever the % is determined to be i.e. 80% above 12 or 70% above 16 or something else... at some stage we need to open up..

However

Social distancing, musk wearing in certain places will continue..

Interesting, love to see the reaction by those having a go at NSW re the 70% ..

VIC looks like copying and doing the same.. or very similar... and this is with cases increasing faster than NSW even tho daily numbers are less.

I hope and pray this takes some of the politics out of the debate .... 

• mack locked this topic