Armageddon Thread

marron

14 hours ago, Midfielder said:

This is a great site, thanks for sharing it. 

I'm surprised about some results on some of the countries.

For example, Belarus. Especially when they still on their premier league football in action.
I thought Canada was fine but guess I'm wrong.
The others that are interesting results are Bhutan and Jordan because of the fact they are "beating it" yet they got a spike the last new days.

16 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Here's a nice story.

'Llamas are the real unicorns': why they could be our secret weapon against coronavirus https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/16/llama-coronavirus-antibodies-study-benefits?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

.......I just couldn't help myself...:ninja:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxD6QiLrX28

On 16/05/2020 at 11:57 PM, Burgerman said:

How nice is it to watch football on a Saturday night again, bundesliga worth staying up for and turn off the ps4

It has been great. 

Borussia Dortmund destroyed FC Schalke. I love watching Haaland, the kid is amazing. I really hope one day the club makes it the UEFA Champions League final. They were unfortunate to be defeated against PSG.

I was looking forward to watching Bayern Munich against Union Berlin not because of Bayern Munich but because of Sebastian Polter who plays for Union Berlin. I feel this is one player the Wanderers should of scouted and maybe signed as a replacement for Meier...sadly, he was on the bench and didn't get used against Bayern Munich.  

He did announce he was leaving the club at the end of this season a while ago. 

Meanwhile, in South Korea... :rofl:

K-League side apologises after filling empty stadium with sex dolls

South Korean football side FC Seoul have apologised for filling their stadium with mannequins which actually turned out to be sex dolls.

Football has returned from the coronavirus pandemic with not so much of a bang but more of a whimper with fans not allowed in grounds - and cardboard cut-outs replacing them.

Stands are empty, music is played out over PA systems with no cheering and the whole thing has lacked atmosphere.

To be expected, really, but at least in South Korea they have seemingly gone all out to create a certain ‘air’ to their games.

Website rt.com say FC Seoul packed their stadium out with mannequins ahead of their clash against Gwangju FC.

But eagle-eyed social media users suggested the dolls in question had a very different purpose to modelling clothes.

It was claimed the figures were actually life-size sex dolls - though how they knew this for certain is less clear.

Turns out, however, they were right, with FC Seoul issuing an apology on Instagram in which they blamed the supplier for the mix up.

One fan who spotted the blunder before the club said sorry wrote: “FC Seoul put these mannequin supporters in stands which was also tried by Dinamo Brest.

“But there is a strong conviction that these ‘fans’ are actually ‘sex dolls’ made by a sex doll company.

“Hope it is not true, but if it is, it’ll be a huge shame.”

Another posted: “Seriously, though. Imagine the thought process involved in filling your stadium with female sex dolls in football kits and thinking it’s a good idea. Nice one, @FCSeoul.”

A fellow user with an intimate knowledge of South Korean football said: “And here I was worrying that the most embarrassing thing about K League being on the international stage would be the performance in the opening 45 minutes of the Jeonbuk-Suwon match.”

It was also claimed that some of the dolls were holding placards promoting a local adult shop.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/kleague-side-apologises-after-filling-empty-stadium-with-sex-dolls/news-story/34e52e05bafc381932df0a02d9d800a5

48 minutes ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

Meanwhile, in South Korea... :rofl:

K-League side apologises after filling empty stadium with sex dolls

South Korean football side FC Seoul have apologised for filling their stadium with mannequins which actually turned out to be sex dolls.

Football has returned from the coronavirus pandemic with not so much of a bang but more of a whimper with fans not allowed in grounds - and cardboard cut-outs replacing them.

Stands are empty, music is played out over PA systems with no cheering and the whole thing has lacked atmosphere.

To be expected, really, but at least in South Korea they have seemingly gone all out to create a certain ‘air’ to their games.

Website rt.com say FC Seoul packed their stadium out with mannequins ahead of their clash against Gwangju FC.

But eagle-eyed social media users suggested the dolls in question had a very different purpose to modelling clothes.

It was claimed the figures were actually life-size sex dolls - though how they knew this for certain is less clear.

Turns out, however, they were right, with FC Seoul issuing an apology on Instagram in which they blamed the supplier for the mix up.

One fan who spotted the blunder before the club said sorry wrote: “FC Seoul put these mannequin supporters in stands which was also tried by Dinamo Brest.

“But there is a strong conviction that these ‘fans’ are actually ‘sex dolls’ made by a sex doll company.

“Hope it is not true, but if it is, it’ll be a huge shame.”

Another posted: “Seriously, though. Imagine the thought process involved in filling your stadium with female sex dolls in football kits and thinking it’s a good idea. Nice one, @FCSeoul.”

A fellow user with an intimate knowledge of South Korean football said: “And here I was worrying that the most embarrassing thing about K League being on the international stage would be the performance in the opening 45 minutes of the Jeonbuk-Suwon match.”

It was also claimed that some of the dolls were holding placards promoting a local adult shop.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/kleague-side-apologises-after-filling-empty-stadium-with-sex-dolls/news-story/34e52e05bafc381932df0a02d9d800a5

I think this story has been blown up out of all proportion :xnod:

11 hours ago, wendybr said:

I read a comment on a parents facebook group (for my daughters high school; i"m not some weird stalker) last night when the new was shared. She said she was a teacher and had no idea this had been decided. Any other teachers here in the same boat?

Interested to see how this is going to work. My daughter catches the bus to school (like many others). With buses apparently limiting passengers, how are they going to get kids to and from school? 

That apparently is going to be explained in about an hour.

Yeah, we're always the last to know.

I like the idea that public transport (how I get to work!) is dangerous and needs to be avoided. But school is fine.

Like, how's it going to work? If i go to the train and they don't let me on..... what then? Wait in public for an hour till the next one??

8 hours ago, marron said:

That apparently is going to be explained in about an hour.

Yeah, we're always the last to know.

I like the idea that public transport (how I get to work!) is dangerous and needs to be avoided. But school is fine.

Like, how's it going to work? If i go to the train and they don't let me on..... what then? Wait in public for an hour till the next one??

Yes, it's a big issue, isn't it?

Tbh, I wasn't at all surprised at the decision but it hasn't been handled well.

I guess our principal had foreshadowed it since the start of the term, so it wasn't a surprise.

11 hours ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

I read a comment on a parents facebook group (for my daughters high school; i"m not some weird stalker) last night when the new was shared. She said she was a teacher and had no idea this had been decided. Any other teachers here in the same boat?

Interested to see how this is going to work. My daughter catches the bus to school (like many others). With buses apparently limiting passengers, how are they going to get kids to and from school? 

They've said no kids will be refused a seat on a bus, as I understand.

• mack locked this topic