marron

Armageddon Thread

3 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I don’t think it’s a simple thing, I’d (and legia can have a go at me for being weak here) rather the protests wait a bit longer until COVID risk is lower, but like I say I don’t think it’s my place to tell the communities that are impacted when they can protest (maybe I’m becoming a Libiterean on that front)

But bluntly I’m not with the internet warriors condemning the protests as I don’t believe their motives  

Anarchist :lol:

as for the US they have a president spreading nut job conspiracy theories about a 70odd year old protestor, going with the “many fine people on both sides line about neo nazis” encouraging armed white guys to go out and protest Covid measures and then sending in the police with tear gas to break up a peaceful protest about the murder of a black person by police 

I don’t want the people to have to protest in Covid, but I doubt the people protesting wanted to be having to protest in Covid but they do 

Fox in the US are photo shopping armed people with guns into their coverage of the protests.

For those who needs receipts:

Posted (edited)

Wow. Absolutely fraudulent, desperate to display a certain narrative.

Edited by Cynth

On 13/06/2020 at 7:44 AM, Legionista said:

We were extremely fortunate.

So let's go out and protest in our tens of thousands. Let's eff it up.

Fo' George Floyd.

I disagree that the protests should have been allowed but it’s a fine balance

On 13/06/2020 at 10:46 AM, Legionista said:

Because that's the point.

The double standard.

We are told that we cannot break social distancing, no exceptions, but for the protestors an exception was made.

But was an exception made?

The protest ended up proceeding due to a technicality. The issue?

The police had initially granted permission for a small group (1,000 I think) earlier in the week. They the organizers put in an amended form for a larger protest. Important to remember that an anti-vax, remove the restriction protest happened the week before

Later in the week, Friday, the NSW government moved to shut down the protest. Judge agreed but the decision was overturned (literally minutes before it was due to start) because of a procedural error. The initial protest was already granted permission & it doesn’t matter that a new form for a bigger protest wasn’t granted.

TLDR: The protest happened because of a technicality.

On whether the protest should have proceeded, I think there are bigger issues at play here with BLM movement happening. It is certainly isn’t something that is able to be tied up in a small neat box.

On 13/06/2020 at 7:36 AM, Legionista said:

The initial lockdown was a must, I think there's little doubt, but now, I don't see a need for any restrictions.

There has been no community transmission for nearly 2 weeks I believe.

Ultimately we will have to face this, we'll have to open up international borders and then we will lose control.

Lockdowns were not about eradication, they were about buying time to make sure we were ready.

We are ready more or less now.

Let's open up.

We had 2 weeks but yesterday marked the first case of community transmission. Victoria looks like it’s got lots of community transmission.

If we have no cases of community, then it’s a lot easier to open up & we can do so quicker. You’ve only got to look at the countries that I’ve mentioned where they’ve opened up with community transmission and they’ve got growth, not good.

You’re right, we never intended to eliminate the virus, just suppress. It’s important that we open slowly, in a methodical way that will allow us to determine every 2-3 weeks whether any of the most recent measures has caused an increase.

In saying that, I can’t see us opening our international borders, absolutely no chance, not until a vaccine is found. Will we have a travel bubble with a few countries? Maybe but I think we will see how it goes with NZ first before it goes any further. We have to open up our internal borders first before we worry about international.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Scumbo trying to force the borders open 

And, so they should be. 

The QLD Premier is absolutely killing their tourism economy. 

We've kept our border open. Despite, the earlier **** ups with that Princess ship, having our borders open hasn't been at all detrimental to our numbers. 

Edited by Wanderboy

37 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

And, so they should be. 

The QLD Premier is absolutely killing their tourism economy. 

We've kept our border open. Despite, the earlier **** ups with that Princess ship, having our borders open hasn't been at all detrimental to our numbers. 

Funny isn't it how the fed govt are going after the Labor states and NOT the Lib states of SA and TAS who also have closed borders.  If you';re going to go to the high court you should include ALL states.

Most of our recent cases have been from returning Australians ... 

I think NSW has about 4 community cases in the last months, aside from Victoria & QLD, the other states have not had a community case in over a month.. All the others have been people returning from overseas and put up in a motel for two weeks or when the are free of the virus... 

My question is on the NZ being totally free for close to the last month... Has NZ closed its boarders to its citizens, as I find it near impossible to believe no NZer returning from overseas over the last month  has not had the virus..

13 hours ago, sonar said:

Funny isn't it how the fed govt are going after the Labor states and NOT the Lib states of SA and TAS who also have closed borders.  If you';re going to go to the high court you should include ALL states.

Both SA and Tas are opening their borders in late July.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Flytox said:

Both SA and Tas are opening their borders in late July.

As will most states.......my point being is that the feds are being totally partisan. Clive Palmer and Hanson have launched High Court appeals against Labor state govt not Liberal which have/had the same border closures......partisan. It's political bullshit....just like the Libs deciding who got the sports grants...

Edited by sonar

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sonar, on this one specific issue i.e. conv 19, I don't see what your seeing... the media have gone after QLD, and as you said Palmar but he went after WA and Hanson QLD, both were done for themselves  and not on behalf of the Fed Gov..

9 hours ago, Midfielder said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sonar, on this one specific issue i.e. conv 19, I don't see what your seeing... the media have gone after QLD, and as you said Palmar but he went after WA and Hanson QLD, both were done for themselves  and not on behalf of the Fed Gov..

Coronavirus: Federal government to join High Court challenge of WA's border closure

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-western-australia-wa-borders-closure-high-court-challenge-federal-government-covid-19/63b693e9-5547-4f53-a7cc-63acb1598412

Partisan bullshit.

2nd Melb protester found with the Virus.

Not thought to have been caught there.

26 minutes ago, sonar said:

LOL

Mate what has the Feds challenging WA broader closures got to do with having a joke about Albo and he was having a rough time.... as to Feds joining Palmer news to me but honestly I don't follow it that closely... and at the time Palmer lodged his appeal I don't think the Feds joined in... could have something and I guess with when WA says it will opens its boarders,  

Seriously I am over it... I am a swinging vote that learns to the right... only lost two general elections, 1975 Gould and the last one. You are obviously hard core rusted on labour and good on you for that... I have mates both Labour & Liberal who are also hard core rusted on like yourself... 

Just understand for me its never been the party its always been for me who I think is best ....  I actually do the tax returns for two Labour state members ... well one a former member and one a sitting member ... my wife is a union delegate at her school, and I do the tax returns of a number of union officials... I am hardly anti Labour simply not pro Labour. and I call issues as I see them not on what party makes recommendations or policy.. 

A short back history as to why I am a swinging voter... goes back to 1972, and 18 year old's got to vote for the first time... anywho Gough said he would ban conscription meaning I could not get called up to go to war... For me it was the only issue ..... much like Climate Change was close to my sole issue in the last election. ...

I think Labour, Liberal, Nationals, all tell BS .... Greens hhhmmmmm rable in many ways... Pauline worst pollie  the country's ever had...

19 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

LOL

Mate what has the Feds challenging WA broader closures got to do with having a joke about Albo and he was having a rough time.... as to Feds joining Palmer news to me but honestly I don't follow it that closely... and at the time Palmer lodged his appeal I don't think the Feds joined in... could have something and I guess with when WA says it will opens its boarders,  

Seriously I am over it... I am a swinging vote that learns to the right... only lost two general elections, 1975 Gould and the last one. You are obviously hard core rusted on labour and good on you for that... I have mates both Labour & Liberal who are also hard core rusted on like yourself... 

Just understand for me its never been the party its always been for me who I think is best ....  I actually do the tax returns for two Labour state members ... well one a former member and one a sitting member ... my wife is a union delegate at her school, and I do the tax returns of a number of union officials... I am hardly anti Labour simply not pro Labour. and I call issues as I see them not on what party makes recommendations or policy.. 

A short back history as to why I am a swinging voter... goes back to 1972, and 18 year old's got to vote for the first time... anywho Gough said he would ban conscription meaning I could not get called up to go to war... For me it was the only issue ..... much like Climate Change was close to my sole issue in the last election. ...

I think Labour, Liberal, Nationals, all tell BS .... Greens hhhmmmmm rable in many ways... Pauline worst pollie  the country's ever had...

Firstly, how you vote is entirely between you and the ballot box. Secondly,I never mentioned Albo or whatever.....my post was about a Liberal govt taking a state Labor govt to court over Corona lockdown and not the lib state govts who have done the exact same thing as WA. 

Pure partisan bullshit. We have the state Premiers who were trying to save the lives of their citizens and what do the Federal Libs do.....sue them.....lol.....FMD 

11 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

NZ with 2 cases today

What a pity! :nono:

After just eight days, government blunder ruins New Zealand's coronavirus-free status
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/after-just-eight-days-government-blunder-ruins-new-zealand-s-coronavirus-free-status?cid=newsapp:socialshare:copylink

15 hours ago, wendybr said:

What a pity! :nono:

After just eight days, government blunder ruins New Zealand's coronavirus-free status
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/after-just-eight-days-government-blunder-ruins-new-zealand-s-coronavirus-free-status?cid=newsapp:socialshare:copylink

I don’t know Wendy, these people were here on compassionate grounds (I’m assuming to be with someone who hasn’t got long left to live). Just hope they weren’t too active in the community & spread it.

3 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

I don’t know Wendy, these people were here on compassionate grounds (I’m assuming to be with someone who hasn’t got long left to live). Just hope they weren’t too active in the community & spread it.

Yes...absolutely!

Cotton masks (3 layered) is comparable to medical/surgical mask. 

We concluded that the cotton mask could be a potential substitute for medical mask for respiratory infection person in microenvironment with air conditioning. Healthy people may daily use cotton mask in the community since cotton mask is washable and reusable.

Posted (edited)

I'm now more concerned about china vs India army clashes killing 60 soldiers and the beginning of ww3, what i can't understand is the media isn't reporting anything despite 3 days of killings. Can find videos on YouTube and Instagram but are constantly deleted. 

Edited by Burgerman

The only way to get the true picture of what is happening is to look at the death rates from this year and subtract last year's numbers. The difference, give or take 5%, will truly be much bigger than what is being reported.

Apparently, the Spanish Flu killed between 5 million and 50 million people.