marron

Armageddon Thread

I'm not sure, does he? :lol: I'm not sure I could find one.

Talking to a shopkeeper up here, they have a  tiny shop that only allows 2 people in at a time. She was saying she now dreads weekends because of all of the tourists outright refusing to abide by the rules - which aren't hers, but are her responsibility under threat of big fines. She'd close up if she could afford it. Instead she has multiple confrontations with ****wits who don't care about anyone else except their god given right to open her fridge door or bring in their partner into the shop when there is someone else in there. 

21 hours ago, marron said:

I'm not sure, does he? :lol: I'm not sure I could find one.

Talking to a shopkeeper up here, they have a  tiny shop that only allows 2 people in at a time. She was saying she now dreads weekends because of all of the tourists outright refusing to abide by the rules - which aren't hers, but are her responsibility under threat of big fines. She'd close up if she could afford it. Instead she has multiple confrontations with ****wits who don't care about anyone else except their god given right to open her fridge door or bring in their partner into the shop when there is someone else in there. 

Lol!

His point was we're all Aussies......in this together, and shouldn't be shutting each other out.l p

Humans are generally too selfish, I think, for us to have much chance of stopping this.

People refusing to be tested in quarantine should be put back on a ******* plane immediately.

FMD.

4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Lol!

His point was we're all Aussies......in this together, and shouldn't be shutting each other out.

Humans are generally too selfish, I think, for us to have much chance of stopping this.

People refusing to be tested in quarantine should be put back on a ******* plane immediately.

FMD.

Language OMG. :rofl:

15 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

I see red every time I hear about it. :xmad:

Don't get me started again!  :diablo:

21 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

PS You weren't around during the early politics threads. It was very adversarial...and often got heated. ;)

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Believe me..you haven't met Wendy in person...absolute gutter mouth..filth.  last time I seen Wendy at the Adelaide GF it took 5 cops to remove her...kids in tears around her..the ******* lot.

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Believe me..you haven't met Wendy in person...absolute gutter mouth..filth.  last time I seen Wendy at the Adelaide GF it took 5 cops to remove her...kids in tears around her..the ******* lot.

:rofl:  If you say so! :rofl:

Err...Paul hasn't met me!

He might believe you. :unsure:

7 hours ago, wendybr said:

I knew Smoggy was taking the p***.

Teachers are 99.9% prim and proper. And having to deal with cranky parents means that they have to bite their lips, even when they want to somewhere else.

He just happy that Middlesbrough won :meep:

13 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

I knew Smoggy was taking the p***.

:good: That's good.

In the appropriate circumstances, I see swearing as quite a healthy release. Tony Abbott, Sophie Mirabella and some of that cohort in particular, back on the old Politics Thread, brought out an almost constant desire to vent! :lol:

Came here to post this.

I guess I had sort of seen these terms as interchangeable, but now I know the difference. 

Why it's significant that Victoria is the only state with community transmission of COVID-19
http://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2020-06-28/what-exactly-is-community-transmission-and-how-is-it-curbed/12397296

9 minutes ago, wendybr said:

:good: That's good.

In the appropriate circumstances, I see swearing as quite a healthy release. Tony Abbott, Sophie Mirabella and some of that cohort in particular, back on the old Politics Thread, brought out an almost constant desire to vent! :lol:

You can start again with Scumbo and Plod. I am beginning to think that Christian (he does not live up to his first name) Porter is a right wing extremist of the highest order.

Oh believe me, Morrison in particular has elicited torrents of expletives from me.

One billion incinerated animals, and general environmental devastation,  will forever be his enduring legacy in my mind. I think he's a smarmy hypocrite.

His public redemption due to the virus isn't down to him.

Whoever was PM would have done exactly the same.

He only gets any credit from me in that he has followed the expert advice along a compassionate path (no doubt against all his natural instincts).

As for Dutton...the less I have to think about him, the better. A horrible individual. ;)

On a positive note, community football returns from the 1st July.

My association starts with one of the  o35 competition next Friday night.

-commence panic buying-

Posted (edited)

I was reading this morning that what is happening now could be the first proper wave here now in that what happened here in March was a depression of a winter / spring northern hempisphere wave via internationals and cruise ships and the fact that some say this is transmitted more easily in colder and drier air. The hot humid conditions helped.

Is now the time Australia should have been  just ramping up on restrictions...will going in sync with the northern hemisphere work...guess we are going to find out.

Edited by Smoggy

11 hours ago, wendybr said:

Ok..I exaggerated...it was 3 cops.

On a sombre note the number of cases worldwide passed 10 million over night and the number of deaths passed 500 thousand... "but its no worse than the flu".

7 hours ago, wendybr said:

Oh believe me, Morrison in particular has elicited torrents of expletives from me.

One billion incinerated animals, and general environmental devastation,  will forever be his enduring legacy in my mind. I think he's a smarmy hypocrite.

His public redemption due to the virus isn't down to him.

Whoever was PM would have done exactly the same.

He only gets any credit from me in that he has followed the expert advice along a compassionate path (no doubt against all his natural instincts).

As for Dutton...the less I have to think about him, the better. A horrible individual. ;)

Yeah put in the ACLP  , the Australian Chinese Labor Party ! They can branch stack the Corona virus out of existence and let another country run the joint.Pack of criminals. And mugs on here vote for them.

Morrison and Dutton are good guys doing a great job.

7 minutes ago, theseeker said:

Yeah put in the ACLP  , the Australian Chinese Labor Party ! They can branch stack the Corona virus out of existence and let another country run the joint.Pack of criminals. And mugs on here vote for them.

Morrison and Dutton are good guys doing a great job.

:rofl:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/liberal-andrew-robb-took-880k-china-job-as-soon-as-he-left-parliament-20170602-gwje3e.html

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/foreign-minister-julie-bishops-links-to-chinese-political-donors-20160823-gqzauy.html

3 minutes ago, theseeker said:

Old news with whiskers on it. Talk about what's happening now.

1 hour ago, theseeker said:

Old news with whiskers on it. Talk about what's happening now.

To talk about now we have to know how we got here. 

Frankly successive governments from both sides have cosied up to China to such a degree that serious questions need to be asked.

1 hour ago, sonar said:

don’t bother him with facts or evidence 

he’s a crap troll and a tiresome one at that 

13 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

13 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Ha ha just knew this boring lefty crybaby couldn't help himself and post more crap.

"Sad."

51 minutes ago, theseeker said:

Ha ha just knew this boring lefty crybaby couldn't help himself and post more crap.

See definitely not a troll 

Just saw this on  inside sport... best laid plans of mice and men... I guess looks like QLD can't have  teams play in Melbourne or play teams from Melbourne...

To me this is extreme... As far as I know it all teams are in a bubble and fly by private jet...

Interestingly, it goes to the heart of federation... we are actually a number of independent colonies who agreed to have a common national government ... it seems any state can actually determine many rules applying to them meany believed were in the power of the federal government .... 

I post this bit and it has nothing to do with labour / Libs... I find the inability of the federal government to set policy on a number of issues  remarkable and something I am now only aware... These are actually watershed moments in our history... essentially boiled down we are similar to the EU its just we have refined much better than the EU the power of the federal Parliament better than the EU... 

Anywho... what QLD is doing...

We've just got a statement from the Queensland Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young, who's announced new measures for Queensland or Queensland-based sporting teams.

Dr Young says any Queensland or Queensland-based team who:

Plays against a Melbourne team in Queensland is required to quarantine after the match for 14 days; or
Plays in Melbourne is required to quarantine for 14 days on returning to Queensland, or
Plays in another state against a team who has been in Melbourne in the preceding 14 days is required to quarantine on their return to Queensland

Our sport team is digging into this as we speak, and I'll bring you more on what it'll mean for the AFL, NRL, Super Rugby and A-League competitions as soon as we've got it

The Roar are going to play Adelaide United in Brisbane, then they're both going to Sydney.

The two games between Victorian teams (Victory vs WU and City vs WU) will happen before they all move to Sydney.

The big problems will be if Victoria shuts down sports events again, or if NSW shuts the border with Victoria, and of course, if players/staff get COVID at some point.