Armageddon Thread

marron

9 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I spoke with my sister on skype this morning, three things they have heard from Australia on coronavirus

1 - the toilet paper fight video which went around the world 

2 - Bondi beach being packed and then closed

3- Letting a cruise ship dock in the centre of the countries biggest city and letting all the passengers wander off....

These three things she knew...nothing else.

That's to be expected. We know bugger all about other countries apart from the statistics and Trump telling us people are dying that haven't died before.

6 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Yes,  to this.

Just heard on BBC World Service that 4,000 nurses and 5,000 doctors have accepted the call up Smoggy referred to.

And that private hospitals will be used to treat patients....which sounds like a good step.

Private hospitals in the UK have basically been taken over by the government for the duration, Boris is on a churchillian war footing lol

13 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Everything but essential services closing from tomorrow, schools will be open tomorrow but will be an update on that with more information. I think a shut down of sorts is coming for schools.

What times we are living in!

What aren’t they telling us.

we are truly mushrooms and fed nothing but BS

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Everything but essential services closing from tomorrow, schools will be open tomorrow but will be an update on that with more information. I think a shut down of sorts is coming for schools.

From the start of last week we were told to get ready - numerous planning meetings, and  platforms for online learning being set up, or brushed up on.

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I spoke with my sister on skype this morning, three things they have heard from Australia on coronavirus

1 - the toilet paper fight video which went around the world 

2 - Bondi beach being packed and then closed

3- Letting a cruise ship dock in the centre of the countries biggest city and letting all the passengers wander off....

These three things she knew...nothing else.

As if Bondi is Aussies. Bloody poms, kiwis and Brazilians making us look bad :P

Putting my Armageddon soundtrack together now for the inevitable moment I have to drive out of the city ala a scene from Escape from New York because let's face it, my wife will refuse to drive.

Who wants to help complete it for me? So far I've got some eclectic choices.... REM - Orange Crush, Tool - Aenima, America - Ventura Highway, Smashing Pumpkins - 1979, Starship - We built this city, Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus, Nirvana - Milk it, 

Who wants to help.

1 minute ago, ZachMercer said:

Putting my Armageddon soundtrack together now for the inevitable moment I have to drive out of the city ala a scene from Escape from New York because let's face it, my wife will refuse to drive.

Who wants to help complete it for me? So far I've got some eclectic choices.... REM - Orange Crush, Tool - Aenima, America - Ventura Highway, Smashing Pumpkins - 1979, Starship - We built this city, Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus, Nirvana - Milk it, 

Who wants to help.

Sounds like you've got it covered, Zach!

Tool - Aenima, America - Ventura Highway, Smashing Pumpkins - 1979...would all be on my list too! :D:D

But maybe a bit of Coldplay too. :crazy:

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Sounds like you've got it covered, Zach!

Tool - Aenima, America - Ventura Highway, Smashing Pumpkins - 1979...would all be on my list too! :D:D

But maybe a bit of Coldplay too. :crazy:

I can't do Coldplay.... but I am willing to throw in Keane - Somewhere only we know, and maybe Snow Patrol - Run..... Coldplay reminds me of an ex, and if I'm gonna die, it aint  gonna be with that bit*h in my head.

12 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

Who wants to help.

Well, if you're driving.........Radar Love -Golden Earring.....long version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMp_XDmvs4M

Edited by sonar
3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Finally!  This should've been done at least 2 weeks ago!  International medical experts and the World Health Organisation has been asking for this since the beginning.  Politicians just don't listen until the impact they've been warned about eventuates.

Edited by bombagol

Some fruit and veg prices going up due to supply/demand issues.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-22/coronavirus-panic-buying-sees-fresh-produce-price-hikes/12078198

------------

I used to listen to Soundgarden's Down On The Upside to put me to sleep when I was a kid, so I'd recommend Blow Up The Outside World, or an earlier one like Fell On Black Days. More in the theme rather than driving songs.

I agree that the Feds have been slower on the uptake.  Experts (epidemiologists) I have heard suggest that Australia has actually done too little too late.  The curve is exponentially growing and continues to go up.  The idea is to intentionally flatten that curve but people aren't really taking things seriously and Morrison has only just ramped up the rhetoric.  I thought that him not self-isolating after a cabinet meeting with Dutton, who was diagnosed, because he apparently didn't show symptoms then.  It is probably likely that people have the virus and are contagious before the infection properly takes hold and symptoms follow.  He needs to lead by example and lead with strength but wants to be everyone's friend and is soft.

I also recognise that we need a strong balance between health and economic concerns.  We can't simply shut everything down because that will result in absolute chaos and probably more deaths from other stuff.  It will always be a balance between these two.

11 minutes ago, Carns said:

Some fruit and veg prices going up due to supply/demand issues.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-22/coronavirus-panic-buying-sees-fresh-produce-price-hikes/12078198

------------

I used to listen to Soundgarden's Down On The Upside to put me to sleep when I was a kid, so I'd recommend Blow Up The Outside World, or an earlier one like Fell On Black Days. More in the theme rather than driving songs.

Fell on Black Days.... is that the one with super heavy d tuning at the start?

1 hour ago, ZachMercer said:

Who wants to help.

• mack locked this topic