marron

Armageddon Thread

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Couldn’t agree more, what shocks me the most is the random places it seems to appearing without any link. Just goes to show that it is lingering out there in the community, we need to be careful!

The situation now is much more serious than any time in March or April. Unfortunately we are going to see hospitalization numbers shoot up these next few weeks. 

Edited by Smoggy

Why are cases increasing at such a rapid rate but we aren’t seeing a rise in deaths?

TLDR: Wait about 6-8 weeks & you’ll see the result of letting COVID run rampant.

Scary stuff

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Why are cases increasing at such a rapid rate but we aren’t seeing a rise in deaths?

TLDR: Wait about 6-8 weeks & you’ll see the result of letting COVID run rampant.

Scary stuff

Newmarch house residents being tested again I hear.

I had to go to Parra Westfield today. I was bloody hungry and so got a takeout from Grill'd..punters packed in there.....

Social distancing is done here...no one gives a **** any more.

Edited by Smoggy

Just now, Smoggy said:

4 residents with flu like symptoms, one of those has returned a negative COVID test. Just got to hope that they aren’t that unlucky that they’ll have another outbreak

1 minute ago, Smoggy said:

Social distancing is done here...no one gives a **** any more.

....and will be the reason why it spikes up again.....******* idiots....:nono:

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

It's going to find a way to sweep north and spike in Sydney between now and say October. I am not being negative...i just think it is.

People will have already arrived in Sydney from Melbourne over the last 3 weeks likely carrying, not seeing evidence of that though........yet.......

Edited by Smoggy

1 minute ago, Smoggy said:

It's going to find a way to sweep north and spike in Sydney between now and say October. I am not being negative...i just think it is.

People will have already arrived in Sydney from Melbourne over the last 3 weeks likely carrying, not seeing evidence of that though........yet.......

It looks to me that WHO guideline of a 14 day quarantine is too short. Needs to 21 or 28 days. 

Let's go back to all returnees going to Christmas Island with a 28 day quarantine. Mandatory testing at 7, 14, 21 and 28 days. No return to the mainland until 2 clear tests.

Posted (edited)

I always thought that they ( govts ) eased/loosened restrictions a month too soon.....media,business and/or political pressure...?

Edited by sonar

19 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Thought you would've comment on the BBC reporting the story, considering the UK responses.

The graph on Victorian (really Melbourne) cases over time is Well presented. 

Someone I work with is from the Asian subcontinent. He said to me that the cases and death rates for Covid-19 there are massively under reported. Look like we are some cases from there.

23 hours ago, Paul01 said:

It looks to me that WHO guideline of a 14 day quarantine is too short. Needs to 21 or 28 days. 

They were saying that people who test positive after this 14 day period aren’t infectious. The test is very sensitive & is able to pick up even minutes amount of the virus even though you’ve recovered. It’s amazing to hear of people who still have properly recovered from the virus weeks & weeks after first diagnosis.

On 04/07/2020 at 9:42 PM, Smoggy said:

All 4 cases have tested negative. What a relief! 

Border between NSW and Victoria will be closed midnight tonight

On 03/07/2020 at 12:03 PM, Midfielder said:

Starting to think we should close our boarder with Victoria ... 

Was bond to happen

Ok, after months of pretending that Australia is better and different to the rest of the world and messing around with international arrivals and cruise boats and going in to a lite version of lockdown because of that March and April...... NOW is the time they should be implementing a proper lockdown for all Melbourne I suspect. This is the real thing arrived now.

Or perhaps continue to give self congratulatory pats on the back, keep on comparing with overseas numbers and let the government run with its 'blame everyone else' policy rather than them.

3 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Ok, after months of pretending that Australia is better and different to the rest of the world and messing around with international arrivals and cruise boats and going in to a lite version of lockdown because of that March and April...... NOW is the time they should be implementing a proper lockdown for all Melbourne I suspect. This is the real thing arrived now.

Or perhaps continue to give self congratulatory pats on the back, keep on comparing with overseas numbers and let the government run with its 'blame everyone else' policy rather than them.

Unfortunately partisan politics gets in the way. Ruby Princes...Lib cockup.....Melbourne Lab cockup....everyone eased restrictions too early. imho.

Calls in media and business to open up.....govts heed/bend........paying the price now. Stupidity all round.

The Corona Virus has another victim, the FFA Cup

12 minutes ago, sonar said:

Unfortunately partisan politics gets in the way. Ruby Princes...Lib cockup.....Melbourne Lab cockup....everyone eased restrictions too early. imho.

Calls in media and business to open up.....govts heed/bend........paying the price now. Stupidity all round.

I am just surprised ScoMo and co haven't blamed this on partying housing commission scum to be honest...must be blame they can deflect somewhere.. ala NW Tassie.

11 minutes ago, sonar said:

I should of added that we should of gone harder with testing.......everyone........mandatory.......tough call but one that should of been made at the beginning. 

Just now, Smoggy said:

I am just surprised ScoMo and co haven't blamed this on partying housing commission scum to be honest...must be blame they can deflect somewhere.. ala NW Tassie.

Hanson got in first.

Just now, sonar said:

I should of added that we should of gone harder with testing.......everyone........mandatory.......tough call but one that should of been made at the beginning. 

There was very little community transmission in March, April and May as was mainly international arrivals and cruise boats. The success there has given a false sense of security.

11 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

There was very little community transmission in March, April and May as was mainly international arrivals and cruise boats. The success there has given a false sense of security.

It appears that the community  transmission currently occurring is a result of returned travellers with latent infections. They may have been tested at 11 days and returned a false-negative result. Time to extend quarantine to 28 days.

16 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Yep...hence the calls to open up. 

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

let the government run with its 'blame everyone else' policy rather than them.

But, it's the Australian way!

I agree with your sentiment though.

1 hour ago, sonar said:

Hanson got in first.

Interesting that she's had 20 years of breakfast tv time when she's been allowed to run her mouth and then this is the thing that's tipped it over the edge.

I found the housos melbourne stuff pretty bizarre tbh. 500 cops onsite. I can't imagine 500 cops patrolling Kew if there was a cluster there. I get it that it's close quarters and everything but I suspect an apartment block cluster elsewhere would be treated slightly differently.

1 minute ago, marron said:

Interesting that she's had 20 years of breakfast tv time when she's been allowed to run her mouth and then this is the thing that's tipped it over the edge.

I found the housos melbourne stuff pretty bizarre tbh. 500 cops onsite. I can't imagine 500 cops patrolling Kew if there was a cluster there. I get it that it's close quarters and everything but I suspect an apartment block cluster elsewhere would be treated slightly differently.

Advertisers on CH9/Fairfax  threatened to pull revenue. Money talks louder than any politician.

Sure. Why on this one?

Bash asians, bash muslims, we're all good mate.

5 minutes ago, marron said:

Sure. Why on this one?

Bash asians, bash muslims, we're all good mate.

The same reason Alan Jones and Co have said all their ridiculous **** for decades. They were rarely called out for it or advertisers didn't pay a commercial price....Social media is changing it. Imho.