Jump to content
marron

Armageddon Thread

Recommended Posts

Second wave fears in Spain...heading back towards tighter restrictions. My sister is currently in France somewhere :rolleyes: She might struggle to get back in to UK easily if things deteriorate further in Europe.

Some experts here say this is our first wave here. The world still has some way to go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a friend in Madrid (a temporary resident here). Her husband and 2 daughters are here, and she is stuck there - and has been since the start of this.

It's heartbreaking to hear her speak of her desperation to return here, and her mounting fears that the virus is resurging there. Her husband, who is here working, has lost 3 friends/former workmates to the virus. 

:(:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I recently met a Polish migrant, whose brother is stuck in Poland. He told me that flights here were $12k from Poland, wjth the $3000 mandatory quarantine, making a return here prohibitively expensive. 

:( :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wendybr said:

I have a friend in Madrid (a temporary resident here). Her husband and 2 daughters are here, and she is stuck there - and has been since the start of this.

It's heartbreaking to hear her speak of her desperation to return here, and her mounting fears that the virus is resurging there. Her husband, who is here working, has lost 3 friends/former workmates to the virus. 

:(:(

Should never have opened Spain to holidaying Brits. I know the Spanish economy is heavily reliant on tourism but it is predictable in the outcome.

As for Brits heading in to Europe...can't you just ******* hold off for a year on wanting to get ******* smashed every night in Benidorm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Should never have opened Spain to holidaying Brits. I know the Spanish economy is heavily reliant on tourism but it is predictable in the outcome.

As for Brits heading in to Europe...can't you just ******* hold off for a year on wanting to get ******* smashed every night in Benidorm.

Been to Benidorm twice in the 90's, first time with mates i can understand, was outvoted the 2nd time more fool me for going, think it's a shite place to go for a holiday unless you're 19 and want to party all night, never go there again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mack said:

Should never have let the Brits in is basically the last few hundred years of history.

Mack you have to move on and let it go! You cannot ruminate over the Spanish Armada defeat forever.. deal with it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wendybr said:

I have a friend in Madrid (a temporary resident here). Her husband and 2 daughters are here, and she is stuck there - and has been since the start of this.

It's heartbreaking to hear her speak of her desperation to return here, and her mounting fears that the virus is resurging there. Her husband, who is here working, has lost 3 friends/former workmates to the virus. 

:(:(

To be fair, there has been plenty of time for her to return.

Why hasn't she done so already? Just asking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They’re carrying on like they’re some civil rights crusaders but it’s basically a tweet saying “Heading out to be a dick to retail working just trying to do their jobs”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Davo said:

They’re carrying on like they’re some civil rights crusaders but it’s basically a tweet saying “Heading out to be a dick to retail working just trying to do their jobs”.

The tweets are from a twitter thread that is taking the piss out of the covidiot who wouldn't wear a mask......lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, sonar said:

The tweets are from a twitter thread that is taking the piss out of the covidiot who wouldn't wear a mask......lol

Didn’t check the thread although it says something about the state of things that my first thought was real and not parody.

Edited by Davo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wanderboy said:

To be fair, there has been plenty of time for her to return.

Why hasn't she done so already? Just asking.

No no - she spent the first few months unable to travel, recuperating from quite a major operation from late in January.

And then, with our borders closing, as a temporary visa holder (as opposed to PR or citizen) she's not been able to return. :(:(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pseudonym said:

:o

Took me 4 months to get over pneumonia from the hospital discharge point. Some mornings I would feel normal and then when walking around I would get this tightness across my chest, especially so on the right hand side area where the main infection was. This would be followed by breathlessness and fatigue plus aches and pains all over with a light fever. I went from being able to run a half marathon in 1hr 30mins to struggling to walk up the stairs. My son was just over a year old at that point and at times struggled to pick him up due to the pain in the right hand side of my chest.

Was hell, wouldn't recommend.

Edited by Smoggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

honestly might piss some people off with this but glad people are getting fines for the protest, 100% pro protesting its a very important thing to do but not while the coronavirus is happening, the first protests here did not spread the virus at all but these will especially in Victoria, maybe be less selfish and wait to protest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's selective outrage from pro-police brutality conservatives.

People can't go to an outdoors protest, can go to a Bunnings filled with 1500 people or a Westfields centre with 10,000, can pack 300 people into a pub or restaurant, have 150 people at a corporate function. You can have 20 people show up to your place your place even if your place is a inner city terraced house. Feel free to show up to an NRL or AFL game. You can go to a gym with dozens of sweaty, heavy breathing people just fine & do a class with 20 of them. And hardly anyone is actually enforcing those regulations either.

Of course the cops aren't going to want an anti-police brutality/deaths in custody protest.

If Covid is still such a problem people can't gather for protests then we should be in a lockdown. If I were in charge we never would have left the lockdown. Instead we now have a pseudo-lockdown where some parts of some cities will get put in lockdowns when things get bad enough but that still won't prevent wider infections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mack said:

It's selective outrage from pro-police brutality conservatives.

People can't go to an outdoors protest, can go to a Bunnings filled with 1500 people or a Westfields centre with 10,000, can pack 300 people into a pub or restaurant, have 150 people at a corporate function. You can have 20 people show up to your place your place even if your place is a inner city terraced house. Feel free to show up to an NRL or AFL game. You can go to a gym with dozens of sweaty, heavy breathing people just fine & do a class with 20 of them. And hardly anyone is actually enforcing those regulations either.

Of course the cops aren't going to want an anti-police brutality/deaths in custody protest.

If Covid is still such a problem people can't gather for protests then we should be in a lockdown. If I were in charge we never would have left the lockdown. Instead we now have a pseudo-lockdown where some parts of some cities will get put in lockdowns when things get bad enough but that still won't prevent wider infections.

honestly i think we should be in lockdown, i am anti any public gatherings right now including sporting events, concerts, shopping centre's ect, that said maybe i am being overly paranoid but i think its better to be cautious right now, there shouldnt be double standards right now i agree with that if going to the gym is alright then protests are alright but i am not sure either is alright right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Covid has now hit the jumper over the shoulder, pims supping patrons of the Sydney Yacht Club, home of the Sydney to Hobart.....ohhh the horror...hope all are ok thought of course. Just makes a change from the western Sydney pubs and other places.

Edited by Smoggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Covid to Potts Point with the neo-fascists

Senior adviser to Scott Morrison in self-quarantine after being linked to Covid-19 case https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jul/28/senior-adviser-to-scott-morrison-in-self-quarantine-after-being-linked-to-covid-19-case?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NeverGoat said:

honestly i think we should be in lockdown, i am anti any public gatherings right now including sporting events, concerts, shopping centre's ect, that said maybe i am being overly paranoid but i think its better to be cautious right now, there shouldnt be double standards right now i agree with that if going to the gym is alright then protests are alright but i am not sure either is alright right now

Restaurants, cafes and food courts should be back to take away only again for now at least at least. Too many food outlet outbreaks and I feel while NSW is doing a good job at holding covid cases back for now, it is like trying to hold back a dam wall with new cases popping up here and there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Restaurants, cafes and food courts should be back to take away only again for now at least at least. Too many food outlet outbreaks and I feel while NSW is doing a good job at holding covid cases back for now, it is like trying to hold back a dam wall with new cases popping up here and there.

completely agree, as much as going to a take away place is good its just not worth the risk right now, i do have a friend i want to meet but i am not even going out to meet her, my area has not seen any cases of covid and neither has hers(she lives in some wanky part of sydney) so it should be safe but not worth the risk right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Restaurants, cafes and food courts should be back to take away only again for now at least at least. Too many food outlet outbreaks and I feel while NSW is doing a good job at holding covid cases back for now, it is like trying to hold back a dam wall with new cases popping up here and there.

So many features of our affluent ( and self indulgent) lifestyle, such as it remains, makes this worse, and will prolong it!

Exactly what you say!

And, for example, Europeans flocking to holiday resorts and packing together in planes, and in bars, restaurants, probably even on beaches, could be prolonging or reigniting, it because of the numbers of others that people are in close proximity to.

Social distancing and isolating so much more difficult than 100 years ago....by own own choices....and what we are accustomed to.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Listening to the ScoMo press conf right now. Reporter asked if more could have been done regarding aged care facilities in Vic to prepare and also PPE.........and all of a sudden he sounds like Boris Johnson from the last 4 months...excuses and fudge.

Edited by Smoggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Listening to the ScoMo press conf right now. Reporter asked if more could have been done regarding aged care facilities in Vic to prepare and also PPE.........and all of a sudden he sounds like Boris Johnson from the last 4 months...excuses and fudge.

a reporter dared to ask him a question? if morrison could have his way that guy would be locked up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...