marron

Armageddon Thread

18 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Listening to the ScoMo press conf right now. Reporter asked if more could have been done regarding aged care facilities in Vic to prepare and also PPE.........and all of a sudden he sounds like Boris Johnson from the last 4 months...excuses and fudge.

That's why he is ScumBo

12 hours ago, Paul01 said:

That's why he is ScumBo

You are nothing, if not consistent.......and persistent, Paul! :lol:

Second wave signs in Europe, China recording the most in one day for a good while, Victoria a mess and NSW on a knife edge. Cases popping up across Sydney regularly now. It would be better for Gladys to tighten back up on restrictions asap I feel...

Edited by Smoggy

32 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Second wave signs in Europe, China recording the most in one day for a good while, Victoria a mess and NSW on a knife edge. Cases popping up across Sydney regularly now. It would be better for Gladys to tighten back up on restrictions asap I feel...

Won't happen unfortunately...and our illustrious PM telling WA to open up......lol.....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-29/clive-palmer-highly-likely-to-win-wa-border-challenge-pm-says/12501872

Edited by sonar

Daughter in Law, is a nurse and they have been told all current and recent NSW cases have been linked to the vic truck drive who stopped at the Cross Roads... 

13 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

linked to the vic truck drive who stopped at the Cross Roads

Technically, he had a party with 10 of his mates at the cross roads hotel. They weren’t clear if he was an asymptomatic carrier (as in wasn’t sick when he had the party at the cross roads hotel.) Hard to believe that just one case, one party at one venue caused the spread to staff & quickly spread across Sydney.

You know what the sad thing is? It seems like these Brisbane girls may wreak even more havoc than that truck driver. To think that these girls have been spreading it through Brisbane for 8 days whilst showing symptoms makes me feel ill. It’s already spread to 1 nursing home, you just hope they can contain it. I’d hate to see it spread like it’s done in Victoria :( 

On 30/07/2020 at 11:45 AM, Midfielder said:

Vic today around 700, 

Sadly you’ve got people in Victoria who:

- Whilst showing symptoms & waiting for a test are not isolating
- Have a positive test & still showing up for work
- Having a positive test & not being at home despite being told to isolate
- Untold number of numpties not wearing a mask

You’d hope after 3 weeks of lockdown lite that you’d see a difference but we haven’t yet. All of these actions are causing the virus to spread, not slow down. Possibly an impact of lockdown fatigue but you’d hope we are past the point where people think this is just a government conspiracy!

Still only 1 week after mandatory mask wearing so should make an impact soon. I know they’re trying hard to avoid a hard lockdown but how long with these increasing numbers before they’ve got to bite the bullet & do it?

^^^^^

I have held off all governments as they have by and large been quite good.... however the Vic gov across a number of fronts has been found wanting ... the hotel guards or lack of guards but also their messaging and their use mostly of gov folk they did not get in to anywhere near the degree of community leaders other states did and the high degree of non compliance i.e. people with cov 19 still going to work ... thats insane..

As for those girls in QLD, my thoughts is this has been going on for a while  and the name changing and flight changes could be done often re the crime aspect ... got me thinking how many others are doing the same thing... All credit to QLD premier as soon as it got into a nursing home she shut it down... wish the Vic guy did the same thing... 

8 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

^^^^^

I have held off all governments as they have by and large been quite good.... however the Vic gov across a number of fronts has been found wanting ... the hotel guards or lack of guards ......

When you pay private enterprise to do a job you should have the expectation that the company contracted to do that job does it to a high standard.

They didn't. Lesson to be learnt....don't pay private companies.

The govt should be held to account but so should the agency they paid. They should be banned from any future govt contracts of any sort. They should not be absolved and should pay a price. The people they let roam and infect others certainly are.

Edited by sonar

2 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Daughter in Law, is a nurse and they have been told all current and recent NSW cases have been linked to the vic truck drive who stopped at the Cross Roads... 

Apparently the most popular restaurant in all of Sydney, I'd never heard of it before this kerfuffle

I've been torn the past few days and weeks. On the one hand, I feel really sorry for restauranteurs and shopkeepers who are just trying to make a living and have all of this thrown on them. Part of me wants to help support them by still going out and shopping and eating. On the other hand, coronavirus.

I believe that if people are careful and can take precautions like hand hygiene and not touching your face, then we can still safely do these things.

Unfortunately, people are stupid and it just takes a small group of silly people to ruin everything or a cautious person who has it to make an inadvertent mistake and then we're in Lockdown 2.

It's a tough one.

49 minutes ago, sonar said:

When you pay private enterprise to do a job you should have the expectation that the company contracted to do that job does it to a high standard.

They didn't. Lesson to be learnt....don't pay private companies.

The govt should be held to account but so should the agency they paid. They should be banned from any future govt contracts of any sort. They should not be absolved and should pay a price. The people they let roam and infect others certainly are.

Agree re private companies but my point was Vic gov was as I understand it the only gov to use private guards on hotels and even at the time rejected the offer of ADF personal...

I am not looking to cast this in any way either pro or anti ALP or Libs... its one of those bipartisan issues ... just to me it seems Vic gov has hhhhmmmmmm hard to say as intentions would be to do better ... they just seem to have made mistakes other govs have not ...

11 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Agree re private companies but my point was Vic gov was as I understand it the only gov to use private guards on hotels and even at the time rejected the offer of ADF personal...

I am not looking to cast this in any way either pro or anti ALP or Libs... its one of those bipartisan issues ... just to me it seems Vic gov has hhhhmmmmmm hard to say as intentions would be to do better ... they just seem to have made mistakes other govs have not ...

Like the federal Libs and Ruby Princess......?

1 minute ago, sonar said:

Like the federal Libs and Ruby Princess......?

Mate can you ever get above party issues.... no one has ever said mistakes have not been made .... 

Hand on heart not the other thing ... do you think the Vic gov has done a good a job as say the QLD gov which is also ALP.... QLD the first case in a nursing home, simply closed them down and is reacting... 

When Victoria first started to react all the media & Libs there started calling the Premier a "dictator" and screaming to reopen everything because they couldn't play golf. Now they're all screaming about how he's not doing enough.

Pick one.

14 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Mate can you ever get above party issues.... no one has ever said mistakes have not been made .... 

Hand on heart not the other thing ... do you think the Vic gov has done a good a job as say the QLD gov which is also ALP.... QLD the first case in a nursing home, simply closed them down and is reacting... 

Balance....don't pick and choose like you have. You never mentioned the feds. You singled out the Vics.

Edited by sonar

15 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Who has overreaching responsibility for Aged Care facilities...? What about Newmarch...15 deaths..? 

1 hour ago, mack said:

When Victoria first started to react all the media & Libs there started calling the Premier a "dictator" and screaming to reopen everything because they couldn't play golf. Now they're all screaming about how he's not doing enough.

Pick one.

I've said it before....but it's sad and unfair that Dan Andrews is being targeted for criticism.

I can only think that, human nature being what it is, a proportion of Victorians were resentful of their more stringent restrictions, and were more rebellious and less compliant than elsewhere?

1 hour ago, sonar said:

Balance....don't pick and choose like you have. You never mentioned the feds. You singled out the Vics.

1 hour ago, sonar said:

Who has overreaching responsibility for Aged Care facilities...? What about Newmarch...15 deaths..? 

Mate .... I am sorry if I discuss something I have to go back some months and find balance...

All I said was I think the Vic gov has let the place down... as for Newmarch OMG .... to explain maybe to make it easier ... BECAUSE OF NEWMARCH yes because of ... future outbreaks need to be reacted to... see QLD gov today ... just for balance thing you speak the QLD gov I have been praising is an ALP gov... 

But this is way to silly you love and are devoted to the ALP and in your eyes they can do no wrong... and anything the Libs say or do is wrong... thats fine ... you represent about 70% to 75% of the population ... who think the same way obviously some for Libs and some for ALP....

25 minutes ago, wendybr said:

I've said it before....but it's sad and unfair that Dan Andrews is being targeted for criticism.

I can only think that, human nature being what it is, a proportion of Victorians were resentful of their more stringent restrictions, and were more rebellious and less compliant than elsewhere?

Wen

Its not his fault ... he leads a gov and that government has a public service ... blame cannot be placed on a single person....

Let me wonder off on a tangent to explain... IMO a huge part of Bob Hawke's success was he had the best cabinet and bunch of minsters any gov in Australia has had before or since... whereas poor of Gough Whitlam  had arguably the worst ...  for me Gough was the smarter man...

The Vic gov across a number of areas have taken different views and acted differently to other governments in Australia... the Belts & Roads contract is an example I don't feel I have the ability to discuss the merits of their Belts & Roads contract aside from all other governments said they thought it was wrong.

A small example is when the national cabinet met they agreed to 4 stages of the pandemic  and ranked them 1,2,3 4 except Vic who ranked them 4,3,2,1 ... means nothing actually but why do it differently..

With examples of the Ruby Princess as to how people from overseas need to be isolated and examples in Sydney like where the guy kept breaking out of his hotel to have sex with his girlfriend and the offer of ADF personal to help every gov set the army and police in charge of security with private contractors and hotel staff to do the cleaning and provide food and run shopping erans all supervised by the police and the ADF .... The Vics choose not to do this in all cases and even sent some ADF personal sent back...

No other state seems to have the same resistance to being tested ... so are Vics different ..

Every gov has made mistakes especially early on ... but we were so close to no community ... every state except Vic and even in lock down for I think 3 weeks now the numbers just keep going up...

I gotta admire the other gov heads are not reacting other than broader closures ... The PM and his minsters and other state Premiers are all offering support and thats important ..

However I feel some of the decisions made by the Vic gov are outer step with the other govs and when things go wrong and you are outer step with others people are going to point the finger.... 

No idea who the panel was ... and cough cough clears throat but guess who sneaked into the top 10 worlds best leaders ... and in his case all on his handling of cov 19... 

Saint Jacinda came in first ... but Scotty from marketing wow .. 

https://www.news.com.au/world/pacific/jacinda-ardern-ranked-most-eloquent-and-compassionate-world-leader/news-story/5bc8f174bbce9b611dba66ee545696f9

THE TOP 10 MOST ELOQUENT WORLD LEADERS

1. Jacinda Ardern, Prime Minister of New Zealand

2. Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany

3. Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India

4. Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada

5. Nicola Sturgeon, First Minister of Scotland

6. Mette Frederiksen, Prime Minister of Denmark

7. Emmanuel Macron, President of France

8. Erna Solberg, Prime Minister of Norway

9. Giuseppe Conte, Prime Minister of Italy

10. Scott Morrison, Prime Minister of Australia

7 hours ago, Midfielder said:

No idea who the panel was ... and cough cough clears throat but guess who sneaked into the top 10 worlds best leaders ... and in his case all on his handling of cov 19... 

Saint Jacinda came in first ... but Scotty from marketing wow .. 

https://www.news.com.au/world/pacific/jacinda-ardern-ranked-most-eloquent-and-compassionate-world-leader/news-story/5bc8f174bbce9b611dba66ee545696f9

THE TOP 10 MOST ELOQUENT WORLD LEADERS

1. Jacinda Ardern, Prime Minister of New Zealand

2. Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany

3. Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India

4. Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada

5. Nicola Sturgeon, First Minister of Scotland

6. Mette Frederiksen, Prime Minister of Denmark

7. Emmanuel Macron, President of France

8. Erna Solberg, Prime Minister of Norway

9. Giuseppe Conte, Prime Minister of Italy

10. Scott Morrison, Prime Minister of Australia

Well ....the guy HAS  had some years in marketing, and working on "spin", even tho he was beyond abysmal during the fires.

That empathy coach of his must've made a difference!

Good on Jacinta  Adern...well deserved not just for her abilities as an engaging speaker, but for everything else she has achieved as a national leader!

I envy the Kiwis!

Anybody speaking in bullshit sound bites is not eloquent. I don't think they know what the word means.

But this is way to silly you love and are devoted to the ALP and in your eyes they can do no wrong... and anything the Libs say or do is wrong... thats fine ... you represent about 70% to 75% of the population ... who think the same way obviously some for Libs and some for ALP....

As always you go all condescending and make **** up about people if anyone dares question or disagrees with you.

I NEVER attacked you personally or who you vote for and it would be nice if you would occasionally give the same respect back.

Debate on facts not just your take on them.

42 minutes ago, marron said:

Anybody speaking in bullshit sound bites is not eloquent. I don't think they know what the word means.

They got their analysis right on DT! 😆

48 minutes ago, marron said:

Oh... I think he is quite eloquent. I appreciate his eloquence.

Doesn't mean I like everything he says, or that a lot of it isn't insincere BS.

Imagine if we were still having to listen to Abbott stumbling his way thru pandemic  guidance and national leadership!

More of his "Ah well....****  happens" perhaps?

Wen

Its not his fault ... he leads a gov and that government has a public service ... blame cannot be placed on a single person....

Let me wonder off on a tangent to explain... IMO a huge part of Bob Hawke's success was he had the best cabinet and bunch of minsters any gov in Australia has had before or since... whereas poor of Gough Whitlam  had arguably the worst ...  for me Gough was the smarter man...

The Vic gov across a number of areas have taken different views and acted differently to other governments in Australia... the Belts & Roads contract is an example I don't feel I have the ability to discuss the merits of their Belts & Roads contract aside from all other governments said they thought it was wrong.

A small example is when the national cabinet met they agreed to 4 stages of the pandemic  and ranked them 1,2,3 4 except Vic who ranked them 4,3,2,1 ... means nothing actually but why do it differently..

With examples of the Ruby Princess as to how people from overseas need to be isolated and examples in Sydney like where the guy kept breaking out of his hotel to have sex with his girlfriend and the offer of ADF personal to help every gov set the army and police in charge of security with private contractors and hotel staff to do the cleaning and provide food and run shopping erans all supervised by the police and the ADF .... The Vics choose not to do this in all cases and even sent some ADF personal sent back...

No other state seems to have the same resistance to being tested ... so are Vics different ..

Every gov has made mistakes especially early on ... but we were so close to no community ... every state except Vic and even in lock down for I think 3 weeks now the numbers just keep going up...

I gotta admire the other gov heads are not reacting other than broader closures ... The PM and his minsters and other state Premiers are all offering support and thats important ..

However I feel some of the decisions made by the Vic gov are outer step with the other govs and when things go wrong and you are outer step with others people are going to point the finger.... 

All fair enough Middy!

😊😊

1 hour ago, sonar said:

“What is affecting the transmission of this virus is mass gatherings, it is people coming together and people not social distancing, not taking the precautions to ensure they are not in close contact,” Harris said at the briefing.

...and where govts are trying to do the right thing by it's people what does our PM and AG do.......sue them in the courts  to open up......ie WA.....idiots

Hypocrsy writ large...lol