Armageddon Thread

marron

1 hour ago, btron3000 said:

Morrison - sorry I just finished watching his press conference from today - talks down to us all like we’re stupid kids.

Jacinda Ardern ASKED her fellow people to join her in fighting the virus.

He probably needs something like an empathy coach to guide him to striking the right note....

Oh...wait....

6 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Morrison - sorry I just finished watching his press conference from today - talks down to us all like we’re stupid kids.

Jacinda Ardern ASKED her fellow people to join her in fighting the virus.

Didn't you hear how he had regret for the businesses that are going to be making less money???

Nice one Gladys :rolleyes:

She thinks schools should close but doesn't have the guts to make the call even if she thinks the right thing.

The pressure is put on parents instead to make a decision on if to keep sending...a clear policy one way or another would have been good!

Another inconsistent policy....do i keep sending my son...I guess so :unknw:

This state vs federal shyte doesn't work in a time of national crisis...

In the meantime eveyone is heading to work as per usual this morning from what i can see.

Edited by Smoggy
37 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Nice one Gladys :rolleyes:

She thinks schools should close but doesn't have the guts to make the call even if she thinks the right thing.

The pressure is put on parents instead to make a decision on if to keep sending...a clear policy one way or another would have been good!

Another inconsistent policy....do i keep sending my son...I guess so :unknw:

This state vs federal shyte doesn't work in a time of national crisis...

In the meantime eveyone is heading to work as per usual this morning from what i can see.

Don't send him if you can mate. He'll be fine. The less he is out the better for you and yours but also for his teachers and classmates. As teachers we have apparently been told that we should be delivering the same content to the kids that stay at home as those in class. What that will mean is that teachers will be posting stuff online and then not doing much else different for the kids that do go, so it's not like he's going to be getting much different if he comes to school (except maybe a virus).

Just now, marron said:

Don't send him if you can mate. He'll be fine. The less he is out the better for you and yours but also for his teachers and classmates. As teachers we have apparently been told that we should be delivering the same content to the kids that stay at home as those in class. What that will mean is that teachers will be posting stuff online and then not doing much else different for the kids that do go, so it's not like he's going to be getting much different if he comes to school (except maybe a virus).

This is the issue..the wife says he goes everyday unless the school actually closes, i am a bit more flexible......

Up and down the country families having same discussion this morning..it is a mess.

5 minutes ago, marron said:

What year is he, what Year 7 or 8? There is nothing riding on it. The more kids stay away, the better case there is to get more people into isolation. And like I said - seriously, he will be no better off educationally going to school.

Year 7.

This link is to the latest AHPPC statement about Covid - 19.  It details their advice to the National Cabinet and their reasoning including why they do no support school closures at this stage.  Stats at the end are interesting.

https://www.health.gov.au/news/australian-health-protection-principal-committee-ahppc-coronavirus-covid-19-statement-on-22-march-2020

The Australian Health Protection Principal Committee is the key decision making committee for health emergencies. It is comprised of all state and territory Chief Health Officers and is chaired by the Australian Chief Medical Officer.

Edited by Flytox
2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

This is the issue..the wife says he goes everyday unless the school actually closes, i am a bit more flexible......

Up and down the country families having same discussion this morning..it is a mess.

Don't send him Smoggy. 

2 hours ago, marron said:

This.

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Don't send him Smoggy. 

This.

It is easy for you guys to say dont send him but he is a quiet kid who doesn't have a big group of friends. He spends too much time with us on weekends as it is. He is also an only child and we dont have a family support group here as such...

Taking him out of school and away from other kids does make me feel a bit sick.

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I've got 12 year old and 14 year old sons at school today, i know where you're coming from, i reckon we are days if not hours from schools in NSW shutting

• mack locked this topic