Armageddon Thread

marron

Pence has been in close contact with Trump in the last few days. Just a reminder that if Trump and Pence are both unable to carry out their duties the current line of succession would mean President Nancy Pelosi.

38 minutes ago, sonar said:

As much as I hate to say it and still think trump is a massive c***....I don't wish the virus on anyone. 

You’re a better person than me, not that I would wish it on anyone

Edited by StringerBellend
Just now, StringerBellend said:

You’re a better person than me

Not really......I understand and tbh am a bit conflicted with what Trump deserves. Part of me says die bastard die the other says calm down and don't wish the virus on anyone.....karmas a bitch isn't it.

The White House has confirmed that Trump has a fever and is being moved to hospital “out of an abundance of caution”.

He’s elderly, clinically obese, refuses to exercise and now is confirmed as not being an asymptomatic case. This could be dicey.

11 hours ago, Midfielder said:

I have never in my life wished anyone become sick or badly ill but Trump getting Cov 19

Its a real Schadenfreude moment 

I get it, but I have a fairly horrible feeling that this will only increase his chances.

His supporters will twist anything to justify their belief in him. The ones who don't think COVID exists will simply see this as a democratic conspiracy to try and win the election unfairly.

For the ones that aren't that deluded, all Trump has to do is recover and he's like a superhero. COVID couldn't beat Trump! Anyone who dies from COVID is just weak!

2 hours ago, marron said:

I get it, but I have a fairly horrible feeling that this will only increase his chances.

His supporters will twist anything to justify their belief in him. The ones who don't think COVID exists will simply see this as a democratic conspiracy to try and win the election unfairly.

For the ones that aren't that deluded, all Trump has to do is recover and he's like a superhero. COVID couldn't beat Trump! Anyone who dies from COVID is just weak!

The fact that he's now in hospital dispels the notion that you can get Covid and just get on with your life whilst in isolation/recovering. Just depends on how his team spin it as to whether his base change their opinions about Covid.

1 hour ago, MartinTyler said:

The fact that he's now in hospital dispels the notion that you can get Covid and just get on with your life whilst in isolation/recovering. Just depends on how his team spin it as to whether his base change their opinions about Covid.

Especially given that apparently the White House House has fully kitted out clinic

2 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

All he has to do is recover. Nobody will know how serious it was. Then he's a superhero. And Biden is a scaredy weakling.

His doctor confirmed they’re using an experimental antibody treatment on him.

Everything’s a risk:benefit calculation but you’d think they wouldn’t try something experimental on the president unless they were concerned.

On 02/10/2020 at 6:31 PM, sonar said:

EjTMa4RU0AIPcs9.jpg

14 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

I might be a bit cynical but I'm not actually convinced that he actually has the virus and that this isn't just an election stunt.

I'm a bit suspicious too. But, having just watched the news on this, there seems to be a genuine cluster of infections associated with the White House.

5 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

I'm a bit suspicious too. But, having just watched the news on this, there seems to be a genuine cluster of infections associated with the White House.

I'm aware of that and even that I am suspicious of. Cynicism? Of course.

But Trump is a compulsive liar and it would not surprise me one bit that this whole issue is a façade. It could easily be organized by the White House.

Announce the President is infected. Send him to a military hospital via helicopter. Have it plastered all over the media. Get the sympathy vote. Announce that special drugs have cured him. He comes back two weeks later recovered. Starts ranting again.

It's his style.

I wouldn't trust the prick if my life depended on it. He's an awful human being.

If it was just Trump, Melania and Hicks I would have been suspicious but it’s too many people now.

It looks like the announcement of the Supreme Court nominee was the source based on who’s tested positive. They’ve been told to wear masks and socially distance but largely did neither at that event so it just makes them look dumb for ignoring obvious advice and getting sick. Plus it’s got two Republican senators who they need for the Supreme Court confirmation vote.

Also I think such a complex conspiracy with so many moving parts is beyond the Trump campaign.

24 minutes ago, Davo said:

If it was just Trump, Melania and Hicks I would have been suspicious but it’s too many people now.

It looks like the announcement of the Supreme Court nominee was the source based on who’s tested positive. They’ve been told to wear masks and socially distance but largely did neither at that event so it just makes them look dumb for ignoring obvious advice and getting sick. Plus it’s got two Republican senators who they need for the Supreme Court confirmation vote.

Also I think such a complex conspiracy with so many moving parts is beyond the Trump campaign.

Such arrogant and irresponsible individuals - all sitting on top of each other in the Rose Garden - hugs all round, handshakes, no masks - idiots all of them.

4 hours ago, Davo said:

I don't. I think they are that ignorant that they would try it and think they'd get away with it.

Maybe you have more trust in him. I certainly don't.

Edited by Wanderboy
8 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

I don't. I think they are that ignorant that they would try it and think they'd get away with it.

Maybe you have more trust in him. I certainly don't.

I have zero trust in him. I just don’t think they have the competence or capability to pull off a conspiracy like that.

It is possible that they aren’t self aware enough to realise their shortcomings and have a crack anyway although I’d expect it fall over pretty quickly.

They’re now up to three Republican senators testing positive and in two weeks quarantine, plus more who were close contacts and should be in quarantine. That’s the senate majority gone and two of the positive cases are part of the judiciary committee responsible for the Supreme Court confirmation hearing. If they don’t turn up and the Democrats don’t turn up they won’t have a quorum and can’t hold hearings. McConnell rejected a proposal for remote voting in congress so there’s no mechanism other than being there in person.

I just see more downside than upside for the party. Trump is their useful idiot who gets them tax cuts for the rich and rolls back environmental regulations. Overturning Roe v Wade is one of their big goals and they need this Supreme Court spot. I can’t see them risking that just to benefit Trump.

• mack locked this topic