marron

Armageddon Thread

Posted (edited)

The metadata in the photos shows that they were taken 10 minutes apart. So he did some paperwork in one room then they wheeled him into another room, gave him a jacket and made it look like he’s been working for hours.
Edited by Davo

I like the bit where he's writing his name on a blank piece of paper with a black art marker and not a pen, and not on something that they even bothered to make look important or with words on it.

It’s such a Trumpian lie in that it’s entirely unnecessary. If he’d just said he was resting everyone would understand but he has to pretend he’s working to look tough.

And as I’ve said before, they aren’t competent liars so they got caught within 24 hours.

14 hours ago, Davo said:

It’s such a Trumpian lie in that it’s entirely unnecessary. If he’d just said he was resting everyone would understand but he has to pretend he’s working to look tough.

And as I’ve said before, they aren’t competent liars so they got caught within 24 hours.

It's worse than that. They just don't care how bad the lies are. They've been doing it for so long now. The criticism of the lies has no impact and meanwhile the supporters lap it up.

Despite how stupid he is, Trump isn't stupid!

As well as the outright lies and outrageous statements about covid and anything else, he accuses his opponents of doing what he himself is guilty of and on top of that he has already said the election is rigged against him. Plus a litany of other "tricks" I don't recall just now.

On 03/10/2020 at 9:30 AM, marron said:

I get it, but I have a fairly horrible feeling that this will only increase his chances.

His supporters will twist anything to justify their belief in him. The ones who don't think COVID exists will simply see this as a democratic conspiracy to try and win the election unfairly.

For the ones that aren't that deluded, all Trump has to do is recover and he's like a superhero. COVID couldn't beat Trump! Anyone who dies from COVID is just weak.

I suspect Marron was spot on..."Don't let it dominate your life...I feel better than I did 20 years ago...".etc

Sigh.

What a joke!

9 minutes ago, wendybr said:

I suspect Marron was spot on..."Don't let it dominate your life...I feel better than I did 20 years ago...".etc

Sigh.

What a joke!

If only it was.

4 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Who is going to lie for Trump to the Real Media now?

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany tests positive for COVID-19 http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-06/white-house-kayleigh-mcenany-donald-trump-coronavirus-covid/12733750

They will be queuing up !!

I still can't believe this idiot managed to con 1/3rd of the US population into voting for him.

19 minutes ago, mack said:

I still can't believe this idiot managed to con 1/3rd of the US population into voting for him.

Nor can I.....plus there's a strong possibility that enough will be conned for a second time.

He wasn’t a picture of health to begin with but he’s struggling for breath while standing still.

It’s telling that his doctors said how his kidneys and liver were all good but refused to answer questions about his lung scans. Also they haven’t said he’s been discharged, which basically means they’ve just transferred him to the medical facilities in the White House and he’s still effectively “hospitalised”.

Yes, he does look uncomfotable breathing doesn't he.

So foolish!

I'm still not completely convinced that this wasn't a stunt and he ever had CV in the first place.

The "I'm tough and am still working" pics while in hospital were a stunt. Signing blank pieces of paper and having staged photos taken for public release. FFS!

The "drive by for his supporters" was a stunt, putting others at risk (his drivers and security)  a day after.

It was announced he had it last Friday. He's now back at work on Tuesday and claiming a miracle cure with unproven drugs, which he has been trumpeting (no pun intended) all along. There is no intention of him going into quarantine or even distancing himself for a fortnight from others to prevent spread. He was in the upper limits of the danger zone for people his age and health, yet he came through completely unscathed and recovered in record time

@wendybr - he has looked uncomfortable breathing for a long time. This is no different. The guy is a complete liar and fraud. 

I call bullshit on this whole scenario. He never had it. He has an election to win and being the egomaniac he is, would do whatever it takes to do so. 

IMO.

^^^Hmmm...that would require a whole team of doctors and other staff at the hospital to be abject liars as well.

We know they are lying by omission in a few areas...but lying about the whole thing?

Hard to see IMO.

13 minutes ago, mack said:

I would bet he's still infectious and heavily suffering and that more staff will get infected because of him and the people he's already infected.

Yes...I agree!

20 minutes ago, wendybr said:

^^^Hmmm...that would require a whole team of doctors and other staff at the hospital to be abject liars as well.

We know they are lying by omission in a few areas...but lying about the whole thing?

Hard to see IMO.

They've already changed what they said 24 hours earlier! 

Despite my scepticism,  I'm inclined to agree with mack.

It's now 23 people that have positive cases linked to the White House outbreak. That includes A New York Times White House correspondent and two others from the media.

Also Rudy Giuliani was with a bunch of people who have since tested positive and recently coughed his way through a Fox News interview claiming masks are a waste of time.

Whilst we have to assume (for now) that Trump will recover from his episode....but which of his closest sycophants would cause him the most concern should they get a much more serious dose or even death? Giuliani?

2 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Whilst we have to assume (for now) that Trump will recover from his episode....but which of his closest sycophants would cause him the most concern should they get a much more serious dose or even death? Giuliani?

Giuliani is in his seventies and smokes so he'd be in trouble. Chris Christie tested positive after being at the Rose Garden ceremony and the mask-less debate prep meeting with Trump, Hicks, Stephen Miller and Giuliani (all have tested positive so far except Giuliani). He's now in hospital and is very overweight so he's at risk.

In terms of political concern, Pence would be a problem as it brings the remote possibility of President Pelosi into play. Ut has infected three Republican senators so far which has caused them to delay the confirmation hearing for Amy Coney Barrett. If they can't get that done before the election then go on to lose and still appoint her it's basically an open goal for the Democrats to stack the court.

Also the Republican senators apparently meet three times a week for lunch and aren't known for wearing masks. The three infected senators went to those lunches in the week leading up to their positive tests so that could become a disaster for them pretty quickly, particularly as 11 Republican senators are over 70 and five are over 80.

13 minutes ago, Davo said:

Also the Republican senators apparently meet three times a week for lunch and aren't known for wearing masks. The three infected senators went to those lunches in the week leading up to their positive tests so that could become a disaster for them pretty quickly, particularly as 11 Republican senators are over 70 and five are over 80.

Actually...it's a bit hard to wear a mask whilst eating! :meep:

But yes...wow...that could have a real impact! Unless they're all men of steel like Trump! :sad:

27 minutes ago, Davo said:

Giuliani is in his seventies and smokes so he'd be in trouble. Chris Christie tested positive after being at the Rose Garden ceremony and the mask-less debate prep meeting with Trump, Hicks, Stephen Miller and Giuliani (all have tested positive so far except Giuliani). He's now in hospital and is very overweight so he's at risk.

In terms of political concern, Pence would be a problem as it brings the remote possibility of President Pelosi into play. Ut has infected three Republican senators so far which has caused them to delay the confirmation hearing for Amy Coney Barrett. If they can't get that done before the election then go on to lose and still appoint her it's basically an open goal for the Democrats to stack the court.

Is Chris Christie the only one currently in hospital?

12 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Is Chris Christie the only one currently in hospital?

I think so, although I'd argue Trump is still in hospital given his condition and the facilities at the White House.

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

I'd be a bit suspicious of a table which has the UK at 9th and the US at 10th

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Mate at any level Australia's collective response has been brilliant ... this NZ is better or Australia is better is crazy talk both have done well... 

This site is worth a look it shows countries considered to doing well, those working towards control and those out of control...

Click on any of the green, yellow or red graphs ... 

https://www.endcoronavirus.org/