marron

Armageddon Thread

18 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

This is interesting with regard to the logistics of delivering any of candidate vaccines 

The COVID-19 vaccine rollout presents a number of logistical challenges not all countries will overcome http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-25/the-logistics-of-lab-to-jab-covid-19-vaccine/12808914

Interesting read Paul!

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Another interesting article

As coronavirus cases plummet, it's time to ask: Is Australia ready for the third wave? http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-25/coronavirus-preparing-for-the-third-wave/12802070

Some would suggest we haven't had the second wave here yet...based on March and April in the main being returning internationals and cruise boats..

Edited by Smoggy

I've hung in there with hope for a holiday before the year is out. But now I've given up.

So, now I've told my suitcase there will be no holiday this year.

I'm now dealing with emotional baggage! 

7 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Some would suggest we haven't had the second wave here yet...based on March and April in the main being returning internationals and cruise boats..

Should I bother reading it?

My first impression is to say Noooooo! No more!

This is one for nerds like me with Dr Anthony Fauci. It is about an hour but well worth watching

If you want Fauci's opinion on Australia go to about 30 minutes.

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

This doctor explains how Covid-19 attacks and why some patients are differently affected.

https://youtu.be/LV8wWhjTKRU

Wow..so complicated ...but it makes you realise how incredibly knowledgeable medical experts are!

7 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Wow..so complicated ...but it makes you realise how incredibly knowledgeable medical experts are!

Hated the ads but well explained.

And why Trump thought Hydroxychloroquine was a winner.

The hassle is that you have be on it for other medical conditions.

3 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Yes...to all that!

25 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Lol at Trump. What would he know?

He never caught it in the 1st place. It was a complete media stunt.

Donald Trump>……..

Friday. "I have Coronavirus" 

Saturday. Release a few pics that my makeup artist has made me look sick.

Sunday. (I'll post a few fake videos from the Oval Office")

Monday. I'm out of hospital and that hydroxy stuff has saved my life. I told you all so!!

What a crock of **** that was.

The numbers quoted on Covid-19 for the US are alarming. Plus Pence absent from their version National Cabinet

34 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

The numbers quoted on Covid-19 for the US are alarming. Plus Pence absent from their version National Cabinet

Looks like they are focussing on voter suppression now.....

1 minute ago, Smoggy said:

Following France and Germany I believe. Covid is raging across Europe.

So sad for all of them :(

Was happy to see this today:

Let's F*CKING go!:clapping:

And get a f*cking doughnut into ya!

Edited by MathyouWSW

Read this and

Londoners shrugged off a resurgent COVID-19 pandemic and flocked to pubs and restaurants on Wednesday night (local time), hours before the introduction of a new month-long lockdown across England

I mean, virus running rampant & let’s just give it one just last chance to get worse?

On 03/11/2020 at 10:11 PM, Prydzopolis said:

Now 6 days of it, pretty incredible.

Updated...great to hear!

Congrats to Daniel Andrews, Brett Sutton and the people of Victoria. Hopefully this continues!!

SA now has more active coronavirus cases than Victoria with a child joining tally
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-06/sa-now-has-more-active-coronavirus-cases-than-victoria/12858572

2 hours ago, wendybr said:

Congrats to Daniel Andrews, Brett Sutton and the people of Victoria. Hopefully this continues!!

SA now has more active coronavirus cases than Victoria with a child joining tally
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-06/sa-now-has-more-active-coronavirus-cases-than-victoria/12858572

Andrews listened to the scientists and look at Victoria now.

That is why the Republic of Ireland are going to Victoria for advice on how to reduce Covid-19 infections and not the Federal Dept of Health. 

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Andrews listened to the scientists and look at Victoria now.

That is why the Republic of Ireland are going to Victoria for advice on how to reduce Covid-19 infections and not the Federal Dept of Health. 

Yes!

Thank God for the state premiers and their expert medical advice, as opposed to our federal politicians, I say!

Not really sure why this doesn't become the stated aim here in Oz?

Would it make people too complacent?? Would it seem too ambitious? Do the authorities know something we don't know?

:unknw:

Coronavirus could disappear in Australia if NSW and Victoria maintain control over next few weeks, experts say
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-07/coronavirus-could-be-eliminated-in-australia-epidemiologists-say/12851152

The world's 7-day average deaths per day reached its highest point during the pandemic yesterday.  At 7,566 it passed the previous peak in April 2020.