Armageddon Thread

Mr McGowan said New South Wales should have followed WA's model in handling flight crews months ago.

"One of the things we did back in the start of August was we put all flight crews into a government-controlled hotel," he said.

"We told them you cannot just go into any hotel you like; you need to go into a government-controlled hotel in a single location."

32 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Tis not that easy...

Assume 10K per week returning which I think is about the figure NSW about 5.5 and the rest 4.5 ... need a two week stay ... thats 20K places ... add another at any one time 1.5 to 2 K aircrew...

We need about 22K places so the states have to be involved...

The management on the whole has been good ... but when it goes wrong it goes wrong big time...

It seems so obvious to have been checking aircrews to ensure they stayed were they should be... i.e. in their motel room rather than down the local pub or restaurant...

It is that easy.

You stagger arrivals to Christmas Islands over a period of months. You let the mainland economy recover and businesses getting back to business and people getting a normal life back and you do all the checking etc OFFSHORE.  You don't let anyone who has covid back in until they are cleared. Simple.

If it takes a while for people with covid to get back in........tough titties....thems the breaks.

Edited by sonar
6 minutes ago, sonar said:

It is that easy.

You stagger arrivals to Christmas Islands over a period of months. You let the mainland economy recover and businesses getting back to business and people getting a normal life back and you do all the checking etc OFFSHORE.  You don't let anyone who has covid back in until they are cleared. Simple.

If it takes a while for people with covid to get back in........tough titties....thems the breaks.

I like it. And you just manage the aircrew as per McGowan (WA Premier not our defender)

Just now, Paul01 said:

I like it. And you just manage the aircrew as per McGowan (WA Premier not our defender)

A question that needs to be answered is why are airlines allowing flight crew with a disease to be there in the first place,?

14 minutes ago, sonar said:

It is that easy.

OK not disagreeing with you but how many can CI hold... we currently process about 10 K per week which means 20K places plus another 2 k for aircrew ... today we have 22K places to process 10K per week...

What is the capacity of CI 

7 minutes ago, sonar said:

A question that needs to be answered is why are airlines allowing flight crew with a disease to be there in the first place,?

The answer is they are not suppose too ... but me thinks their checks and balances are not that strong....

2 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

OK not disagreeing with you but how many can CI hold... we currently process about 10 K per week which means 20K places plus another 2 k for aircrew ... today we have 22K places to process 10K per week...

The answer is they are not suppose too ... but me thinks their checks and balances are not that strong....

2724. We were bringing more in prior to Christmas.

You should note that the incubation period is NORMALLY 1 to 11 days but may manifest after the 14 day period.

I would advocate a 28 day period.

Also, the true period of quaranta is 40 days, the original quarantine period.

8 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

We pay for facilities on Manus Isl and also Naru also.....use them 

Step 1. You don't get to board a flight to Christmas Island or wherever without a negative test.

Step 2. Comply with step 1 then you fly to Christmas Isl 

Step 3. Have another covid test if neg....fly home. 

Edited by sonar
7 minutes ago, mack said:

If you allow aircraft travel then someone has to crew the planes, so they can get sick on route.

John Hutchinson the ex-A-League player apparently caught Covid between the time he left Seattle (where he had a negative test) and landed in Sydney.

Which is why you have a stopoff like Christmas Isl and test again.

18 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

And on an important note who were the Mariners opposition supposed to be tonight for the friendly 

11 minutes ago, sonar said:

We pay for facilities on Manus Isl and also Naru also.....use them

The airport servicing Manus Island can only accommodate 737 aircraft (less than 200 seats). I would assume Nauru might be similar. Point being, the aircraft flying in to Australia cannot go to any airfield bar CI, then you'd have to transfer them to smaller planes. Then get them to Australia after quarantine.

1 minute ago, Carns said:

The airport servicing Manus Island can only accommodate 737 aircraft (less than 200 seats). I would assume Nauru might be similar. Point being, the aircraft flying in to Australia cannot go to any airfield bar CI, then you'd have to transfer them to smaller planes. Then get them to Australia after quarantine.

I get that but the bottom line is basically how do you stop the infection getting back in. Hotel quarantine isn't working. The economy will never recover until we get 100% vaccination and that isn't happening till after March at least.

We keep allowing idiots to keep smacking the economy in the face because of the stupidity and selfishness of a few. For me the logical thing is to do all the testing offshore . Once your covid free come back and party.....lol

1 hour ago, sonar said:

It is that easy.

I accept what you say 100%...

But in essence you are reducing the number of people who can return home...

I don't know the capacity of CI... but it is nowhere near 22K ...

Its a mute point .... do we our people trapped overseas anything or do we say FO we are safe...

Sorries yes WA did have control over aircrews and only WA as I understand it... but QLD checked today for the first time ..

Yes and yes to many powers it should have been done all along and in my opinion we should have locked down late Thursday ...

It should also be noted ... that NSW has had on average around 7 k per week, they used to have 10k and reduced to 5 k... to the best of our knowledge this is the only airline breakout...

Having said that there is no excuse for the lack of aircrew's being checked ... in most states as well...

54 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

And on an important note who were the Mariners opposition supposed to be tonight for the friendly 

The original match was suppose to be against the Young Socceroo's  ...

The Olyroo's could not fly into NSW...

The match was replaced at 3:00 no crowd match against Marconi Stallions NPL 1.

Enjoy this...for the older boys Marconi V Sydney Crotia 1988 grand final, with Arnold, Slater & Frank Farnia

Johnny Warren as the co commenter 

6 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Was it played? Result if played?

I think it did will find out the score for you... the following link provides full details including at the end the Carols...

Gotta feel for Shaun and the boys they worked their arse off to both get this match... the carols ie. singers and bands etc

hire the stadium etc ... they still did the carols but it was FB only ... with all the issues we have having a shite owner... the council clusterf*uck ....  the link to the carols is at the end.... 

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/event-update-carols-coast

Hazzard says they don't want to make masks compulsory on public transport because the bus drivers don't want it.

What a total ****wit.

Sure enough the union has just come out and said "uh, we want it thankyou."

Slimy, slimy behaviour, trying to shift blame and narrative simply to squeeze things into the increasingly narrow ideological position.

32 minutes ago, marron said:

Hazzard says they don't want to make masks compulsory on public transport because the bus drivers don't want it.

What a total ****wit.

Sure enough the union has just come out and said "uh, we want it thankyou."

Slimy, slimy behaviour, trying to shift blame and narrative simply to squeeze things into the increasingly narrow ideological position.

There is a fundamentally different way of thinking, and of relating to the world and other people, that aligns strongly to peoples' political views. That's  what I've always thought, but it's one thing this pandemic so clearly highlights. 

"My right to do what I want to do", as opposed to "I'm prepared to put myself out for the common good".

It's unfathomable to me that mask wearing is a political issue.

Liberal politicians are either too stupid to think they make  difference, or too gutless to tell the populace to do something they know many of their supporters will resent.

Pathetic.

16 hours ago, Ossified said:

Mr McGowan said New South Wales should have followed WA's model in handling flight crews months ago.

"One of the things we did back in the start of August was we put all flight crews into a government-controlled hotel," he said.

"We told them you cannot just go into any hotel you like; you need to go into a government-controlled hotel in a single location."

It's a no-brainer, isnt it?

Go hard and go early should now be the only option in managing anything of this nature.

And yet some clown on 2GB this morning is rubbing his hands together in delight  about the hotel quarantine findings that Dictator Dan should be quivering in his boots about, and, in the next breath, is ranting about how he and all the "disgraceful" and "heartless" state premiers are spoiling Christmas for people all over the country, by imposing restrictions on NSW travellers.

******* moron.

It's less "my right to do what I want to do" being opposed to "i'm prepared to put myself out...", i think.

It's the complete refusal to understand "my right" POTENTIALLY impinges on yours.

At any rate - this sack of balls - and many like him - is also too weak to state that his ideological position (the rights of the individual trump all, including at risk to to others)  is behind the decision, and chooses instead to blame the workers by pretending to be concerned about their safety and lying about their actual preference.

I mean, think about it.

He is saying that the government is concerned for the safety of workers because of mad idiots who have essentially been greenlighted to be mad by the government, but not concerned enough about that to just do something about it, or concerned enough about the virus to do something about that either.

I'm also "enjoying" these rumours floating around that patient zero may well have been given an exemption by the government because, I don't know, they had some links to an organisation favoured by liberal heavies.

The statement a few days ago was "no-one from the Northern Beaches was given an exemption".

I mean, the idea that the Northern Beaches people never leave has some degree of truth :P but according to the government it's impossible for someone without an address there to have visited.

Who knows the truth, but, that's a pretty weak defence of the question....

Edited by marron
19 minutes ago, marron said:

It's less "my right to do what I want to do" being opposed to "i'm prepared to put myself out...", i think.

It's the complete refusal to understand "my right" POTENTIALLY impinges on yours.

At any rate - this sack of balls - and many like him - is also too weak to state that his ideological position (the rights of the individual trump all, including at risk to to others)  is behind the decision, and chooses instead to blame the workers by pretending to be concerned about their safety and lying about their actual preference.

I mean, think about it.

He is saying that the government is concerned for the safety of workers because of mad idiots who have essentially been greenlighted to be mad by the government, but not concerned enough about that to just do something about it, or concerned enough about the virus to do something about that either.

Just heard a snippet of an interview, where he said that they don't want bus drivers to have to encounter potential defiance of mandatory mask wearing....and to have to act as police people.

That would no doubt be an issue, and friction with likely abuse and violence would occur.

But less, you'd hope,  if it was mandated rather than if people have it left to personal preferences.

2 hours ago, marron said:

I'm also "enjoying" these rumours floating around that patient zero may well have been given an exemption by the government because, I don't know, they had some links to an organisation favoured by liberal heavies.

The statement a few days ago was "no-one from the Northern Beaches was given an exemption".

I mean, the idea that the Northern Beaches people never leave has some degree of truth :P but according to the government it's impossible for someone without an address there to have visited.

Who knows the truth, but, that's a pretty weak defence of the question....

has any journo actually has the balls to print anything of such yet? 

wonder if there is a shred of evidence to run a story, would be fireworks coming early.