marron

Armageddon Thread

35 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

It is easy for you guys to say dont send him but he is a quiet kid who doesn't have a big group of friends. He spends too much time with us on weekends as it is. He is also an only child and we dont have a family support group here as such...

Taking him out of school and away from other kids does make me feel a bit sick.

That's better for you all, than any of you actually BEING sick, Smoggy.

Priorities.

1 minute ago, wendybr said:

That's better for you all, than any of you actually BEING sick, Smoggy.

Priorities.

Dont you ever get tired of being ******* right all the time?

Posted (edited)

I hate giving advice to parents but yesterday my cousin was uncertain whether to send her kid to school as she has asthma. I wouldn't have forgiven myself if I said nothing and something happened, so what I said was basically "what is the worst that can happen if she misses school? Compared to the worst that could happen if she went to school and caught the virus?"

It's a no brainer to me. But then I don't have to make the decision or deal with the practicalities.

Edited by btron3000

24 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

I hate giving advice to parents but yesterday my cousin was uncertain whether to send her kid to school as she has asthma. I wouldn't have forgiven myself if I said nothing and something happened, so what I said was basically "what is the worst that can happen if she misses school? Compared to the worst that could happen if she went to school and caught the virus?"

It's a no brainer to me. But then I don't have to make the decision or deal with the practicalities.

This is something that definitely needs to be taken into account.

I've been sorta quarantined.

Not because I'm sick or anything but the Government said to make sure we can still do the job if needed.

Which means isolation.

I've already spent 400 buying stuff online today because I'm bored as :rofl:

Posted (edited)

My sons school has just notified that is has closed, no kids going..

Smoggy teacher now. How hard can it be i mean **** if Marron and Wendy can do it!

Starting with extended periods of Pysical Education (football in the park) for all periods from here until he returns....it will be intensive football playing and cover all the essentials...

Edited by Smoggy

1 hour ago, hawks2767 said:

I've been sorta quarantined.

Not because I'm sick or anything but the Government said to make sure we can still do the job if needed.

Which means isolation.

I've already spent 400 buying stuff online today because I'm bored as :rofl:

If we go out partying, the Govt will send submarines after us??  :shok::shok:

:lol::lol:

Just now, hawks2767 said:

Nah if we get sick then Scomo has no submarines.

So they told the Navy to make sure you can still submarine if submarining is required.

Ahhh OK. :lol:

Black Hawks have been doing manoeuvres over and around here for weeks. If we go out partying they'll be after us.

PS At midnight tomorrow, 30 minutes of sirens will be sounding from Metro station near us. Followed by soft soothing music. :huh: :huh:

9 hours ago, Smoggy said:

A ray of hope out of Italy? Number of deaths have fallen.

The power of positive thinking has kept them going.  They all watched the derby the other night and suddenly realised that if they could get of bed and put in a decent cross they could still become a professional footballer.  At age 75.

Good luck smoggy.

I hear what you are saying about your son.

Hopefully he's got good teachers/ year advisers etc who can keep him connected. You never know, being online might make it a little easier for him to make some connections with kids that he mightn't have otherwisse.

Let me know if you need any advice on anything to do with all this stuff. (serious).

Posted (edited)

I see a cruise ship packed full of covid-19 is steaming towards Fremantle.

The prem of WA wants to send it to Sydney so we can deal with it in our usual relaxed way.....

Not really..looks like they are heading for quarantine on Rottnest which will be nice.

Seriously though why the **** are cruise ships still ******* running! Hawks and the torpedo idea looks the best option!

Edited by Smoggy

6 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Black Hawks have been doing manoeuvres over and around here for weeks. If we go out partying they'll be after us.

PS At midnight tomorrow, 30 minutes of sirens will be sounding from Metro station near us. Followed by soft soothing music. :huh: :huh:

If you go out and see a red lazer dot on you this is bad....

Meanwhile in Spain ..... :D

Can we hire these guys for our away games......:D

14 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

If you go out and see a red lazer dot on you this is bad....

Hmmmm one went over head just a minute ago.

I'd much rather the singing cops.  :xbop:

Just now, wendybr said:

Hmmmm one went over head just a minute ago.

I think I'd rather the singing cops.  :xbop:

The NSW Riot Squad don't do the singing thing......:P

:D

6 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Not sure yet what teaching style i am going to base myself on...but will nip across to Bunnings to purchase a cane soon...

I'd suggest a pizza oven might work better.

42 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Really? Where did you here that? And, why?

Anyway, It better be decent soothing music. I'll be outside listening, Wendy.

Saw a meme recently

Suddenly, parents are going to find out, it wasn't all the teacher's fault!

40 minutes ago, sonar said:

Meanwhile in Spain ..... :D

Can we hire these guys for our away games......:D

Compare what the martial law military and police is doing in the USA shows they can get through it, scary scenes in us with the military to take over the streets and videos of them shooting people with pelet machine guns on beach goers, imagine what will happen with majority of the population own a gun and things get out of hand. 

27 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Really? Where did you here that? And, why?

Anyway, It better be decent soothing music. I'll be outside listening, Wendy.

Got a letter a few weeks ago. Don't think they're all at the same time (at the different stations).

I'll listen too.

Why?  To test the "Emergency Warning and Intercommunications System" to improve the "emergency announcement system" and be compliant with "minimum standards for safe operation" :pardon:

This is being done in every state in America 

1 minute ago, wendybr said:

Got a letter a few weeks ago. Don't think they're all at the same time (at the different stations).

I'll listen too.

Ok, cheers.

Also, I meant hear, not here. 

I ******* hate making mistakes like that!! :) Typing too fast on various sites and not concentrating!!!

Lol. We all do it.

PS I added this to answer your question ...in my last post.

Why?  To test the "Emergency Warning and Intercommunications System" to improve the "emergency announcement system" and be compliant with "minimum standards for safe operation" :pardon:

9 minutes ago, Burgerman said:

This is being done in every state in America 

The problem with having a heavily armed populace, being asked to give up their "Liberties" for a while.

I hope that it's just a coincidence. :(