Armageddon Thread

marron

4 minutes ago, Davo said:

The updated restrictions announced yesterday include “Controlled, outdoor gatherings (seated, ticketed, enclosed) reduced to 2,000 people.”

Would that include A-League games?

I would assume so.....but not the cricket.......:ninja:

:D

Edited by sonar
1 hour ago, Davo said:

The updated restrictions announced yesterday include “Controlled, outdoor gatherings (seated, ticketed, enclosed) reduced to 2,000 people.”

Would that include A-League games?

Probably not considering they want 20k at the cricket

Not sure what would be outdoor and enclosed? Does that mean bounded with a boundary or does it mean enclosed as in shielded from rain?

1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

Probably not considering they want 20k at the cricket

Not sure what would be outdoor and enclosed? Does that mean bounded with a boundary or does it mean enclosed as in shielded from rain?

Yeah the definitions are a bit vague. I’m not sure how enclosed an outdoor space can be before it becomes and indoor space.

My understanding is that the stadium is considered an outdoor venue otherwise it’d be governed by the 1 person per 4 square metre rule. 

Next time you come across a Cov 19 hhhmmmm person who underplays it … sorta a Trump supporter…

Show them this.

March to December i.e. 9 months with for what they have been in the US, lockdowns, social distancing, masks, hand cleaning.

Cases as of when this was posted.. 21, 115, 036 with 360, 088 deaths or 0.17 % deaths or 1, 085 deaths per one million people.

Note the Cov figures are for 9 months only ….

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+many+people+in+the+us+die+from+the+flu+each+year&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBAU802AU802&oq=how+many+people+in+the+usa+die+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0i10i457j0i10l4.14689j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The flu, annual cases over 12 months  with no lockdowns, social distancing, masks etc.

While the impact of flu varies, it places a substantial burden on the health of people in the United States each year, annually since 2010.

CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in

between 9 million – 45 million illnesses,

between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and

between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths

Some notes, even the high death rate of 61, 000 is only one sixth and the death rate is a fraction of the percentage of cov 19.

12, 000 as a percentage of 12, 000, 000

61, 000, 000 as a percentage of 45 million…

From ABC News website

REPORTER: Given you have increased the number [of suburbs] that can't go to the SCG, why can they go to sporting events in other regions, including the soccer games coming up in Newcastle?

Brad Hazzard: [NSW Health] has been working with venues... on those issues. The A-League, I think I was asked about that yesterday. The view has remained that the steps they have taken are working. Obviously, cricket presents a little different issue. It's literally five days, in some cases, the real enthusiasts will be [there] for five days, potentially 10 to 12 hours. In a footy match, you'll probably be there for a couple of hours. It's balancing the risk with the outcome.
6 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Just switched over to the cricket (been watching the US train wreck all morning) and the commentators are bemoaning the lack of a restart; I had to chuckle when Mark Waugh said "there's a packed house in" !!

It was funnier when Kerry O'Keefe said "I've seen bollards move faster than these umpires". :)

All sounds sensible.

I am astonished that masks weren't already mandatory on flights.

And it's a no brainer to test before letting people fly out...even though that isn't fool-proof.

I really don't understand why we don't follow what Asian countries do to minimise transmission.

I had reason to accompany one of my Chinese kids to the airport early in September. He couldn't fly home without a negative test result the day before his flight.  And everyone he flew out with was in a mask....with a few in full PPE type body suits!

National Cabinet makes masks mandatory on flights, announces new coronavirus strain rapid testing for travellers from UK
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-08/national-cabinet-coronavirus-uk-strain-flights-masks-mandatory/13041946

When NSW Health posted a tweet advising of Covid rules for A-League matches, I asked whether the affected areas (barred from attending) covered whole postcodes or just specific suburbs

I got a reply stating "Affected areas are based on suburbs, not postcodes"

As I live in Constitution Hill, I'm close to Wentworthville and start my train journeys from that station

I wonder if it's good that NSW Health can identify that specific an area? Or do they need to restrict broader areas?

:unknw:

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Great to see such high mask usage. But just a short word...having your nose hanging out above your mask is NOT wearing a mask!

Put your ******* snoz away under your mask.

Amazing the difference threats of fines make, huh? At the local shop masks went from maybe 30-40% to almost ubiquitous use overnight. It had to happen. But good to see people adhering to it.

Oh man.

I obviously wasn't in the city back in march and stuff and I've seen comments since then about the nose thing, in other parts of the world too, but I've noticed it this time around. WHAT THE **** EVEN IS THAT? How can anyone... just... like... what is going through their heads?

A few of the local shops I go to, the owners are obviously reluctant in having to wear masks and half arse it at best (always nose hanging out). Thing is, these guys serve people all day, if not 7 days a week at least 5 or 6. They'd be exposed to a much higher risk than the average customer (and therefore more likely to become a super spreader). Fortunately, almost all their customers are wearing masks. But still, frustrating.

Was in a retail store today for a click and collect pick up and all staff and customers bar one customer was wearing a mask. I was at the counter and he came up and I looked at him and just thought do the staff not want to cause a scene/lose a sale by denying entry? Wouldn't be easy for the staff in some circumstances.

I really struggle to wear a mask.

After nearly 35 years of horrendous allergies (needed hayfever med right through summer in the UK) it has left me we large polyps in my nose. I can probably only breath through my nose at 20% of what I should be able to. Every time I see a new dentist and go for an xray they look at it are are like 'hmmm there should be a nice open space there'.......

I was rushing around a bit today at the shops and that thing happened where the mask was sticking to my mouth a bit. The wife says when that happens she breathes through her nose lol

A few times...not very often...I feel like I really need to rip it off and get a good breath...but I stick it out. These feckers with their noses hanging out need sorting.

Perhaps time to have the nose operation the doc has been talking about and I have been putting off....

Edited by Smoggy

Another Dr John Campbell video covering Australia.

Obviously does not understand the Australian Regulatory Approval process where we do not have an Emergency Use Approval Process for any medicine. We do have a system for using unlicensed medicines for individuals on a permit basis. Otherwise, worth a viewing.

15 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Another Dr John Campbell video covering Australia.

Obviously does not understand the Australian Regulatory Approval process where we do not have an Emergency Use Approval Process for any medicine. We do have a system for using unlicensed medicines for individuals on a permit basis. Otherwise, worth a viewing.

Technically the Therapeutic Goods Act allows it because it has provisions to allow the Health Minister to make certain therapeutic products exempt from registration in a public health emergency. They did it back in March to allow unregistered face masks into Australia to top up the national stockpile.

• mack locked this topic