Armageddon Thread

The Prime Minister was on the TV News getting tje Covid-19 vaccine. I just couldn't listen to the politicization of the vaccine roll-out.

He is master of the half truth. 

How did he get the shot on day one?

According to the Department of Health Phase 1a has two groups:

• Quarantine, border and front line health care workers will need to provide proof of occupation to demonstrate their eligibility
  • Frontline health care worker sub-groups for prioritisation

The PM isn't any of those things.

8 minutes ago, Davo said:

How did he get the shot on day one?

According to the Department of Health Phase 1a has two groups:

• Quarantine, border and front line health care workers will need to provide proof of occupation to demonstrate their eligibility
  • Frontline health care worker sub-groups for prioritisation

The PM isn't any of those things.

I think its the same as when the Queen got hers early as did a lot of world leaders its to show its safe to have .... 

10 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

I think its the same as when the Queen got hers early as did a lot of world leaders its to show its safe to have .... 

Yeah but the Queen is a billion years old and was probably eligible anyway.

Rather than build trust in the vaccine he's eroding trust is the rollout system. I would have thought it'd be much better for him to wait his turn (he's in his 50's so he'd only have to wait until Phase 2) then talk about how well the system is working. Get a bunch of front line healthcare workers to be the first to take it, showing that the medical community support it and making it a big thank you to them for their work.

12 minutes ago, Davo said:

Yeah but the Queen is a billion years old and was probably eligible anyway.

Rather than build trust in the vaccine he's eroding trust is the rollout system. I would have thought it'd be much better for him to wait his turn (he's in his 50's so he'd only have to wait until Phase 2) then talk about how well the system is working. Get a bunch of front line healthcare workers to be the first to take it, showing that the medical community support it and making it a big thank you to them for their work.

I hear what you say but many world leaders have taken the shot to prove its safe... whether or not thats OK in Australia thats why I presume it happened... 

Climate Change, Migration, business development .. I have huge issues with SoMo... but on the Cov 19... mistakes certainty but overall most govs have done well...  NSW had a huge stuff up on day one or two of new rules with the ship and the Vic gov had a mega stuff up with the hotel controls early on... but both govs got on top of things... overall by comparison to the world we gotta be in the top bracket .... 

It appears you are looking for issues if you go after SoMo for the vaccine shot,  and that in turns devalues more valid criticism where there are real concerns...  

He was set to get it with Albo tomorrow as a joint "let's get things done" type PR move but decided to **** Albo, and to wear female sporting attire to show he likes women (but not in that way) (but yes in that way but not in that way).

26 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

I hear what you say but many world leaders have taken the shot to prove its safe... whether or not thats OK in Australia thats why I presume it happened... 

Climate Change, Migration, business development .. I have huge issues with SoMo... but on the Cov 19... mistakes certainty but overall most govs have done well...  NSW had a huge stuff up on day one or two of new rules with the ship and the Vic gov had a mega stuff up with the hotel controls early on... but both govs got on top of things... overall by comparison to the world we gotta be in the top bracket .... 

It appears you are looking for issues if you go after SoMo for the vaccine shot,  and that in turns devalues more valid criticism where there are real concerns...  

I think it's a valid question given that they've written a fairly detailed roll out plan and haven't included things like this. If they'd included the cabinet, shadow cabinet etc. under the justification that we need to maintain a functioning government I would be fine with that but they haven't.

Also I would argue that dismissing my concerns as me just "looking for issues to go after SoMo" rather than addressing the actual concern would be something that "devalues more valid criticism".

Davo

Any comment about Albo... from the smh..front page today with Albo getting his shot... seems to be the common message by our leaders ... ie they get it proving its safe and can save lives...

Quote from  the article

The Opposition Leader said getting vaccinated in front of dozens of reporters and camera people was about showing the public that vaccination can save lives

For what it's worth I think the leaders should be going first, to show it's safe etc. (it's leading) 

My issue is Morrison turning it into  CosPlay. Suit for watching the first vaccination given, then he gets changed into his blokey ocker daggy dad tracky top for his.. What a total bulb 

If I was working PR/Comms for the PM, I would have done it so differently. 

They had an opportunity to pull in Albo and make a big bi-partisan hullabaloo about vaccine safety and efficacy. They could have even dragged in a couple of older/indigenous pollies that are in the higher risk categories as well. 

I also wouldn't have done it straight away. Get images of older people, doctors, nurses, hotel workers etc. out all over the news, then do them a day or two later. I agree that leaders do need to go first to lead by example and demonstrate safety and trust, but to draw pretty much all the attention away from the first lot of injections in the way he did was just tacky and invited criticism (don't get me started on the super unprofessional sports shirt with his nickname emblazoned on the back :rolleyes:)

It sounds like that was maybe the plan and it was changed last minute. I wonder who made that poor decision? 

15 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

For what it's worth I think the leaders should be going first, to show it's safe etc. (it's leading) 

My issue is Morrison turning it into  CosPlay. Suit for watching the first vaccination given, then he gets changed into his blokey ocker daggy dad tracky top for his.. What a total bulb 

Have you seen the picture of Albo getting his shot in front of the assembled media ... not much different TBH... 

I am a swing voter and support neither party look more to what there polices are .... often issue by issue and then rank the issues... 

Not suggesting you... but many folk to me today seem to take sides ... and fail to look at the end objective and how to get there...

Take Climate Change... the people that will make Climate Change happen are the people who can make money out of changing CC and show the economic benefits ... so people like Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Twiggy Forrest, Mike Cannon Brooks ... will drive home the economic  benefits gather the capital to make huge investments...  

So when people get up and talk about coal... many rush to discuss raising water levels etc... how many rush to say Australia is currently working to build the world biggest solar and wind farm to deliver power to Singapore and it will create jobs and overseas income... 

30 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Have you seen the picture of Albo getting his shot in front of the assembled media ... not much different TBH... 

I am a swing voter and support neither party look more to what there polices are .... often issue by issue and then rank the issues... 

Not suggesting you... but many folk to me today seem to take sides ... and fail to look at the end objective and how to get there...

Take Climate Change... the people that will make Climate Change happen are the people who can make money out of changing CC and show the economic benefits ... so people like Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Twiggy Forrest, Mike Cannon Brooks ... will drive home the economic  benefits gather the capital to make huge investments...  

So when people get up and talk about coal... many rush to discuss raising water levels etc... how many rush to say Australia is currently working to build the world biggest solar and wind farm to deliver power to Singapore and it will create jobs and overseas income... 

Albo didn’t get changed for his

The ad man, actually went and got changed into a diamond tracksuit with scomo on the back for a photo op

Look I’m an ocker aussie bloke

More seriously today they announce that Jobseaker increase is $25 a week, a daily increase of 3.50

I’m not a swing voter

I don’t know if it’s about taking sides but fundamentally it comes down to do you believe that the role of government is to improve society as a whole? The Libs don’t 

2 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Davo

Any comment about Albo... from the smh..front page today with Albo getting his shot... seems to be the common message by our leaders ... ie they get it proving its safe and can save lives...

Quote from  the article

The Opposition Leader said getting vaccinated in front of dozens of reporters and camera people was about showing the public that vaccination can save lives

I don't think he should have jumped the queue to receive the vaccination early either.

If people need politicians to take the vaccine on camera before they want to take it, when we're the only country so far to approve them through regular regulatory assessment rather than emergency measures, then they've failed in their messaging to tell everyone that it's safe.

And before you accuse me of taking sides, I'd say exactly the same thing regardless of the party in power at the time.

32 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

The ad man, actually went and got changed into a diamond tracksuit with scomo on the back for a photo op

More seriously today they announce that Jobseaker increase is $25 a week, a daily increase of 3.50

I’m not a swing voter

I don’t know if it’s about taking sides but fundamentally it comes down to do you believe that the role of government is to improve society as a whole? The Libs don’t 

Great post, Stringer!

37 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I’m not a swing voter

I had a rant over on the Local Current affairs thread about this - for the Federal Libs it feels like they just see it as another "political" problem to be managed, rather than a social justice issue. Dunno if the other mob would be any better though, given how little has been done to the rate of the dole for the last 30 yrs.

Gotta feel for the Vics another two local cases today as of the time of posting they have not said were they came from...

Just as they tho.... it was safe to go back into the water...

Feel terribly sorry for regional centres....

2 cases of covid today in Victoria. They are close contacts, and were already in quarantine.Today was last day of the 14 day incubation period of the cluster.

Someone on my Facebook friend's list had a rant about her Qantas flight: 

iiwGn72.png

I had to mute her the other week as she filming from her phone participating at the Sydney rally on mandatory COVID vaccination  

Edited by MathyouWSW

Yeah we’re in a weird position at the moment where there are still restrictions and guidelines but because there haven’t been any cases for a while people are getting complacent.

I was at Blacktown shops the other day and saw two centre staff wearing shirts saying “Social Distancing Ambassador”. One wasn’t wearing a mask and the other had one on under their chin not covering their mouth or nose. They were standing within 1.5m and not socially distancing.

This is where the restrictions need to be proportional to the risk. If people feel that they’re excessive they don’t follow them. Then you hit a tipping point where compliance is low enough that people who would otherwise have done the right thing feel like the odd one out and don’t bother.

Yep pretty much.

My train ride is now almost back to pre-covid level no's of passengers - just in the last couple of weeks, it's quite striking. It's like someone flicked a switch.

Most are wearing masks still, although on the weekend compliance is probably about 5% I reckon.

On 23/02/2021 at 12:51 PM, CaptainJess said:

If I was working PR/Comms for the PM, I would have done it so differently. 

They had an opportunity to pull in Albo and make a big bi-partisan hullabaloo about vaccine safety and efficacy. They could have even dragged in a couple of older/indigenous pollies that are in the higher risk categories as well. 

I also wouldn't have done it straight away. Get images of older people, doctors, nurses, hotel workers etc. out all over the news, then do them a day or two later. I agree that leaders do need to go first to lead by example and demonstrate safety and trust, but to draw pretty much all the attention away from the first lot of injections in the way he did was just tacky and invited criticism (don't get me started on the super unprofessional sports shirt with his nickname emblazoned on the back :rolleyes:)

It sounds like that was maybe the plan and it was changed last minute. I wonder who made that poor decision? 

Funny you mention that

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/scott-morrison-s-covid-19-jab-what-really-happened-behind-the-scenes-20210225-p575tp.html

But multiple Labor and Greens sources - who spoke on the condition of anonymity as they are not authorised to speak publicly - said they had verbal confirmation from Health Minister Greg Hunt’s office that the initial plan had been for Mr Morrison, Labor leader Anthony Albanese and Greens leader Adam Bandt to all receive their Pfizer jab last Tuesday February 23 at 8.30am in Canberra.

WA premier wants Cov 19 border controls in WA continue after the pandemic... 

If this was a Lib government or a hard right conservative gov I could sorta say OK guys get back in your box... but this is coming from a ALP gov...

Typical reasons, ie to keep out those bad Eastern state folk, police need the help, drugs etc ... i.e. touch all the right wing hit items...

Shows what happens when one side of the political equation is so bad the other side just go !!!!! ???? 

If he gets it I can see OLD following suite ... 

Maybe its me and I am missing something but FMD WA & OLD in particular play the State card and it appears so so so so effective .... 

^^^^^^^^Meh^^^^^^^^

We've had border controls for decades and decades.......Fruit and veg in particular.  I've been made to toss away good food on more than one occasion.  

I'll also add that if you're comfortable with sniffer dogs at concerts and rail stations what the difference having them at a border crossing......? 

7 minutes ago, mack said:

Lineup: Margush, Wilmering, Natta, McGowan, Gordon, Aquilna, Baccus, Dorrans, Troisi, Cox, Duke

Subs: James, Mutch, Yeboah, Kamau, Muller, Ibini, Russell

Lineup for covid vaccine....?

:P

:D