Armageddon Thread

marron

WA has wanted to secede from the East Coast for a while now.

They’re pushing it as far as they can under the guise of security and safety. 

Good luck to them. The only thing propping them up is mining. When renewables eventually eat up that market and the Chinese finally decide to fully **** us over once and for all, they’ll be crying poor. 

I’m heading over in May so I can cross it off my travel list, but I’m not sure I’ll go back after that. As long as McGowan keeps the borders open until then, he can do whatever he wants after that. 

12 hours ago, CaptainJess said:

Good luck to them. The only thing propping them up is mining. When renewables eventually eat up that market and the Chinese finally decide to fully **** us over once and for all, they’ll be crying poor. 

I’m heading over in May so I can cross it off my travel list, but I’m not sure I’ll go back after that. As long as McGowan keeps the borders open until then, he can do whatever he wants after that. 

Wexit?

Open question...

Person overseas... could be anyone not necessarily Australian...

Person gets approved Cov 19 tests, 14 days and 3 days out from flight and has had the vaccine shot... On arrival at the airport the person has a quick turn over Cov 19 test i.e. 8 hour ... 

Do we in this case say 14 day hotel quarantine ????? if you come to Australia ...

18 hours ago, CaptainJess said:

I went to WA and fell off my hire bike on Rottnest trying to show my son a move I did as a kid.

Spent the rest of the holiday limping around with NO sympathy from the wife. 

Fremantle, Margaret River area and Bussleton for a swim if hot are all worth a look.

22 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I went to WA and fell off my hire bike on Rottnest trying to show my son a move I did as a kid.

Spent the rest of the holiday limping around with NO sympathy from the wife. 

Fremantle, Margaret River area and Bussleton for a swim if hot are all worth a look.

I wouldn't have had much sympathy for you either :P

All on my list except for Busselton, not sure we'll have time to head down there. But I'm keen to check out Rottnest if it hasn't been turned into a quarantine facility by then :D And a day trip to Fremantle is also on the list.

Once I've ticked off Perth, I'll only have Darwin and Hobart to go on my Australian capitals bingo sheet. Thinking a winter holiday might be on the cards in Tassie if the international borders still haven't opened in June/July.

On 03/03/2021 at 2:46 PM, Midfielder said:

Open question...

Person overseas... could be anyone not necessarily Australian...

Person gets approved Cov 19 tests, 14 days and 3 days out from flight and has had the vaccine shot... On arrival at the airport the person has a quick turn over Cov 19 test i.e. 8 hour ... 

Do we in this case say 14 day hotel quarantine ????? if you come to Australia ...

my old man is about to move home from o/s, no cases where he is. will be interesting to see what happens with him and what he has to do. no vaccine though.

2 hours ago, CaptainJess said:

I wouldn't have had much sympathy for you either :P

All on my list except for Busselton, not sure we'll have time to head down there. But I'm keen to check out Rottnest if it hasn't been turned into a quarantine facility by then :D And a day trip to Fremantle is also on the list.

Once I've ticked off Perth, I'll only have Darwin and Hobart to go on my Australian capitals bingo sheet. Thinking a winter holiday might be on the cards in Tassie if the international borders still haven't opened in June/July.

Done Hobart and Darwin and other state caps. On the secondary state cities now lol

3 hours ago, Paul01 said:

This is a terrible story 

Financial Times: Italy blocks shipment of Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine to Australia. https://www.ft.com/content/bed655ac-9285-486a-b5ad-b015284798c8

So will Morrison shirt-front Mario Draghi for blocking the shipment?

I have mixed feelings on this.

On one hand, Europe and in particular Italy probably need it more than we do here at this very moment. While it would be lovely if we could have everyone vaccinated by mid-year, is it going to affect how we are going about living now if we don’t? Not really. Let’s get frontline workers done and the rest of us can wait a bit. 

But I absolutely hate EU bully boy tactics. They have stuffed up their vaccine rollout and now want to pretty much steal from other countries to ensure their supply. They want their allocated doses before anyone else despite the companies having contracts in place with other countries. 

It wasn’t too long ago that the EU were trying to discredit the AstraZeneca vaccine. But now with new studies showing it’s efficacy is up there with the Pfizer vaccine, they suddenly change their tune. 

The only country so far who has done an outstanding job at sourcing and distributing vaccines is the UK. Just goes to show when you have a well functioning Public Health Service organising logistics, **** gets done. Boris hasn’t done much right through the pandemic, but trusting the NHS with the roll-out was probably his best decision.

4 hours ago, CaptainJess said:

The only country so far who has done an outstanding job at sourcing and distributing vaccines is the UK. Just goes to show when you have a well functioning Public Health Service organising logistics, **** gets done. Boris hasn’t done much right through the pandemic, but trusting the NHS with the roll-out was probably his best decision.

That would be the NHS whom he and his cronies have been quietly selling off?

20 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Open question...

We vaccinate Olyroo or Soceroo player chosen from the A-League... On return give them a 24 test for Cov .... do they have to isolate for 14 days ...

Given that none of the vaccines are 100% effective I reckon they’ll keep the 14 day isolation until enough of the local population are vaccinated.

Otherwise we could have a vaccinated person test negative, enter the wider community then test positive in the text few days after infecting a bunch of people. If we’re still early in the vaccine roll out and the majority of the community is unvaccinated it could be a big outbreak and another lockdown.

The odds are pretty low as the vaccines are around 95% effective, but given the number of returning travellers it’d only be a matter of time before one got through.

Once we have enough vaccinated people in the community to have a degree of herd immunity then they can start to think about easing isolation as an infected person wouldn’t lead to a full blown outbreak.

• 2 weeks later...

So the supposedly fast and efficient vaccine rollout means that my 91 year old dad has to wait to mid may at the earliest to get his first shot......and he is one of those most at risk. Every medical centre or those doing the jabs have the same time frame. They have the people to do the jabs but not enough vaccines. They should be doing this like the drive thru covid tests......drive thru vaccinations. 

I think under current estimates at the current rate everyone would be vaccinated in 10 years. We are currently the slowest western nation issuing vaccines. NZ is beating us yet again so isolation and Australia being far way is not the issue... Best check in with Slowmo he might be a bit pre-occupied checking out vacation destinations

59 minutes ago, sonar said:

So the supposedly fast and efficient vaccine rollout means that my 91 year old dad has to wait to mid may at the earliest to get his first shot......and he is one of those most at risk. Every medical centre or those doing the jabs have the same time frame. They have the people to do the jabs but not enough vaccines. They should be doing this like the drive thru covid tests......drive thru vaccinations. 

It was spruiked that it would be 4 million vaxes by April, and the current figure is 500k.

Close enough.

This is not a complaint, but because of my age 67, and a medical condition I  have, .... has meant I always been a very high risk person with cov 19, and have taken all necessary precautions ... the family even took steps in the first few months my son works at Woolworths his wife is a nurse, my second son's wife works in a hospital in pathology he works in retail... my wife as a school teacher with kids.... so I stayed by myself for months working from home ...

Look I am not complaining it had to be done, BUT the lateness of Australia getting ready for roll out and the endless delays is causing some concern... to people like me I am safe and know what to do but its the broken promise and time delays... I would have been happier if they said the roll out will start in June and then start in in April so we would have been in front.

I have caught pneumonia at least 30 times probably more, and bronchitis every time with sometimes the bronchitis not turning into pneumonia... It has something to do with the number or lack there of of hairs on the inside of my lungs...

Add to this I have some stents in my heart....

My risk profile is among the highest  outside front line staff and people in nursing homes...  

We were planning on going to Blues Fest at Byron ... but that's off now... 

1 hour ago, Midfielder said:

This is not a complaint, but because of my age 67, and a medical condition I  have, .... has meant I always been a very high risk person with cov 19, and have taken all necessary precautions ... the family even took steps in the first few months my son works at Woolworths his wife is a nurse, my second son's wife works in a hospital in pathology he works in retail... my wife as a school teacher with kids.... so I stayed by myself for months working from home ...

Look I am not complaining it had to be done, BUT the lateness of Australia getting ready for roll out and the endless delays is causing some concern... to people like me I am safe and know what to do but its the broken promise and time delays... I would have been happier if they said the roll out will start in June and then start in in April so we would have been in front.

I have caught pneumonia at least 30 times probably more, and bronchitis every time with sometimes the bronchitis not turning into pneumonia... It has something to do with the number or lack there of of hairs on the inside of my lungs...

Add to this I have some stents in my heart....

My risk profile is among the highest  outside front line staff and people in nursing homes...  

We were planning on going to Blues Fest at Byron ... but that's off now... 

I didn't "Like" your post, but your disappointment and frustration are VERY justifiable, Middy!

:grouphug::grouphug:

They said they could not get insurance for this year and they expect at least a 10 million dollar loss... also according to the ABC Bluesfest put 145 million into the local community.... 

Sad also that todays number is none... yesterday number was 1....  yet with the hens night out and the QLD outbreak a call had to be made...  if only everything could have happened say a week earlier ...

Bluesfest is actually paid for by one guy I hope he does not go under ... personally in this case I would like the gov to say here is some money to cover your losses ... would hate to see Bluesfest go under... the sheer number of major Aussie acts that got thee start thee is amazing... 

F*ck some people are just so stupid on Facebook...

So some female goes "Why is the Royal Easter show allowed to go ahead and will have a bigger attendance than the Bluesfest? This is unacceptable"

I told her that one location (Bluesfest) is currently situated in a hotspot COVID area and the other one (The Royal Easter Show) is situated approximately 5 hours away or 700kms south from the hotspot area and probably hasn't had any COVID in the area since December 2020.

She still said it's not acceptable  :unknw:

21 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

One positive out of this is that Jack Johnson and Xavier Rudd aren’t allowed into the country, to play their tepid brand of folk music

Bad news, Xavier Rudd is Australian so probably already here and pretty sure Jack Johnson lives (or has a house) in Byron already ;)

11 minutes ago, Carns said:

Bad news, Xavier Rudd is Australian so probably already here and pretty sure Jack Johnson lives (or has a house) in Byron already ;)

there is no justice in this world 

I should have known about Xavier and as for that Jack Johnson prick  well of course he ******* does 

Edited by StringerBellend
  • mack locked this topic