Armageddon Thread

marron

56 minutes ago, wendybr said:

I wonder what proportion of people who get "cold like symptoms" wouldn't get tested. And how likely it is that mild cases circulate, and possibly have circulated all along?

No way of knowing the former, I guess, altho with the latter, the sewage detection would pick that up.

Judging by the number of people coughing and sneezing on the train, I would seriously not be surprised if we get an outbreak soon

56 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I think it has been in the community all along at low levels. The combination of our warm sunny weather and older original less virulent strains combined with fantastic contact tracing and our isolated position in the world helped.

Not too concerned about this Delta (indian) strain just yet. Confidence in Gladys.

Yes to the first part...not sure about the second.

Waiting for WA & QLD premiers to cancel SOO and for WA guy & SA guy to call for SOO to be cancelled.

One person from QLD infected went to Bryon be and went shopping.

They screamed cancel Blues Fest.. so why is SOO different

I am going on about how political cov is used at times.

Byron people traveling ...SOO people travelling.... One person at Byron from another state...QLD one person from another state.

Byron the day before it opened it was cancelled and one day prior found... Very similar.

My point is Byron should never had been cancelled for one case neither should SOO..

But the media treatment especially from QLD IMO is #£@!?!@£_!

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately it seems this thread has a bit to run yet. The delta variant is most definitely with us in Sydney and probably has been since the BBQ bloke a month or so back. The list of exposure sites is concerning at the moment when all it needs is seemingly a few seconds stood near someone to transmit.

Confident Gladys and co will get on top as per usual. But personally I would keep the mandatory face mask rule for transport and extend to shops for a number of weeks...things have changed with this variant and the vaccine role out isn’t brilliant still.

Not long till my second dose :unsure:

Edited by Smoggy

Certain local council areas need to mask up inside at the shops...

Just make it the whole of Sydney ffs. A few Castle Hill areas were on the exposure side lists but not part of the new council restrictions.

I know Gladys is all about going softy and minimising impact on lives, but in the case of face masks just make the decisions on a city wide basis.

On 20/06/2021 at 12:06 PM, Smoggy said:

Certain local council areas need to mask up inside at the shops...

Just make it the whole of Sydney ffs. A few Castle Hill areas were on the exposure side lists but not part of the new council restrictions.

I know Gladys is all about going softy and minimising impact on lives, but in the case of face masks just make the decisions on a city wide basis.

Finally, they apply the face mask rule to the whole of Sydney. 

Should never be done on a local council basis in this city.

55 minutes ago, Ossified said:

If i'm sick I stay home. What is it with these people with Covid?.........  Ok dear I think we've got Covid so let's go on a ******* adventure. 

You watch.

There's no real commentary about this now - it's all a bit of a laugh "oooh, he was busy, wasn't he?"

The minute they put up a westie itinerary there'll be a different narrative.

Gladys getting serious!

Number of visitors in a home

You may have up to 100 visitors at a time in your home. The total number of visitors includes adults and children. If you have a gathering of more than 100 visitors in your home, you must have a COVID-19 Safety Plan and make it available for inspection if requested. The limit of 100 people also applies to holiday homes and short-term rentals.  

6 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Gladys getting serious!

You may have up to 100 visitors at a time in your home. The total number of visitors includes adults and children. If you have a gathering of more than 100 visitors in your home, you must have a COVID-19 Safety Plan and make it available for inspection if requested. The limit of 100 people also applies to holiday homes and short-term rentals.  

100 visitors in your home ehhh... who can get 100 people in their home ? Lol

42 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Gladys getting serious!

100 at a time! Oh no! I doubt I've had that many different people here in the past 10 or 20 years or more. 

5 hours ago, Ossified said:

If i'm sick I stay home. What is it with these people with Covid?.........  Ok dear I think we've got Covid so let's go on a ******* adventure. 

Two categories I think;

Many are asymptomatic and therefore they flit around town unknowingly spreading it

Others have symptoms, and despite all of the public health warnings, they are chunts  who think they're special and rules don't apply to them

7 minutes ago, EmMac said:

Two categories I think;

Many are asymptomatic and therefore they flit around town unknowingly spreading it

Others have symptoms, and despite all of the public health warnings, they are chunts  who think they're special and rules don't apply to them

No shortage of type two.

2 minutes ago, marron said:

Looks like masks are mandatory in work places too? That's new right?

Yep...bit confused by this working in red LGA area and not leaving metro Sydney.

What if you live in say Katoomba but work down in the city?

I work in a red LGA anyway and so no trips for me...

I think Blue Mountains include metro Sydney for this purpose mind :unknw:

Ages to prepare for the arrival of this varient and it seems like Glafys caught on the hop a bit.

Edited by Smoggy

Well, yeah, the same old wishy washy stuff we came to expect when it was breaking last year. They are NEVER clear on what "Greater Sydney" is because sometimes they say it and it means the BMs and sometimes they say it and add "and the Blue Mountains".

And in one statement Gladys said that people SHOULD wear masks, and a couple of sentences later says they are extending mask wearing to all indoor settings. ****. It's not hard to be clear is it?

Anyway, I THINK gladys just told me I can't come to work, and that's how I'm going to interpret it. :D

Ah, wait, she was talking about the specific LGAs dammit

Edited by marron
4 minutes ago, marron said:

Well, yeah, the same old wishy washy stuff we came to expect when it was breaking last year. They are NEVER clear on what "Greater Sydney" is because sometimes they say it and it means the BMs and sometimes they say it and add "and the Blue Mountains".

And in one statement Gladys said that people SHOULD wear masks, and a couple of sentences later says they are extending mask wearing to all indoor settings. ****. It's not hard to be clear is it?

Anyway, I THINK gladys just told me I can't come to work, and that's how I'm going to interpret it. :D

Ah, wait, she was talking about the specific LGAs dammit

I guess of someone in the upper mountains works in the city CBD probably take this as a work from home order. May as well.

Edited by Smoggy
11 minutes ago, Ossified said:

Now I want you all to pretend you're in Lockdown. Yesterday was "clear and present danger" today it's " real and present danger". Gold standard my arse.

For the first time in a long time Gladys  Chant and the other fella looked rattled in the press conf today. Very tetchy when asked questions at the end.

• mack locked this topic