Armageddon Thread

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

For the first time in a long time Gladys  Chant and the other fella looked rattled in the press conf today. Very tetchy when asked questions at the end.

Probably because other than 5% of people having both doses of the vaccine and the QR check in system being live we're in exactly the same place we were last year.

2 hours ago, Davo said:

Probably because other than 5% of people having both doses of the vaccine and the QR check in system being live we're in exactly the same place we were last year.

With a more virulent virus and a quarantine period that needs to be extended as 14 days is not enough time.

5 hours ago, Ossified said:

Now I want you all to pretend you're in Lockdown. Yesterday was "clear and present danger" today it's " real and present danger". Gold standard my arse.

Gold star post!

Just now, marron said:

Wendy have you been told anything about whether we have to wear masks or not?

No we haven't.

It was a topic of conversation in my staff room, but nothing from above...when I left this afternoon at least.

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

"Looking ugly...Probably won't work...We are very vulnerable over Winter..." - Dr Norman Swan on The Project re our pussy footing around in NSW.

Did you know that Dr Swan is a paediatrician who hasn't practised since the 80s? And has no background in epidemiology. Not that he's necessarily wrong.

The way the government has defined the different regions is so inconsistent.

The notice they published for the new restrictions says “Greater Sydney” in the title, then the first paragraph says the restrictions apply to “Greater Sydney, the Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Wollongong and Shellharbour” implying that the latter four locations are separate to Greater Sydney, then they restrict movement out of the “Sydney Metropolitan Area”, which is equivalent to the Greater Sydney referred to in the above paragraph but not equivalent to the Greater Sydney referred to in the title.

Also the original notice had no maps, although I just checked again and they’ve finally added some, presumably because nobody knew what they were talking about.

20 minutes ago, wendybr said:

No we haven't.

It was a topic of conversation in my staff room, but nothing from above...when I left this afternoon at least.

The delta variant seems to be more infectious for children and so suddenly schools are more on the front line compared to last year...

In the UK school kids and teachers have been wearing them, only recently stopped.

Edited by Smoggy
6 minutes ago, Davo said:

The notice they published for the new restrictions says “Greater Sydney” in the title, then the first paragraph says the restrictions apply to “Greater Sydney, the Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Wollongong and Shellharbour” implying that the latter four locations are separate to Greater Sydney, then they restrict movement out of the “Sydney Metropolitan Area”, which is equivalent to the Greater Sydney referred to in the above paragraph but not equivalent to the Greater Sydney referred to in the title.

Also the original notice had no maps, although I just checked again and they’ve finally added some, presumably because nobody knew what they were talking about.

Gladys in the press conference this morning when asked by a reporter about this potential confusion was like “duhhhhh, like everyone knows what I mean by Sydney met area”.

She was a bit ******* surly this morning I thought...

22 minutes ago, Carns said:

Did you know that Dr Swan is a paediatrician who hasn't practised since the 80s? And has no background in epidemiology. Not that he's necessarily wrong.

He generally talks sense though, or seems to, I think at least.

So metro Sydney is a bit smaller than sydney.

And greater Sydney is bigger than Sydney.

And those two days of grace will allow the prudes and trudes to 4WD out of ******* Bondi down to the snow or wherever the **** their other postal address is. 

3 minutes ago, marron said:

So metro Sydney is a bit smaller than sydney.

And greater Sydney is bigger than Sydney.

And those two days of grace will allow the prudes and trudes to 4WD out of ******* Bondi down to the snow or wherever the **** their other postal address is. 

I was heading for Blackheath next week. I have already cancelled. I’m not going anywhere.

Edited by Smoggy
23 minutes ago, Davo said:

THe maps show where things apply, but still seem to indicate that the BMs and Central Coast etc aren't part of Greater Sydney after all. So maybe Greater Sydney just IS Sydney then.

20 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Not denying that. Just think sometimes people put too much weight to his opinion when he has no qualification in the area he's discussing.

24 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

On these serious Vaccine matters, I prefer to listen to people who really know what they are talking about like Craig Kelly or Clive Palmer or o'seas experts such as D. Trump and Jair Bolsonaro. But that's just me, ok.

1 minute ago, Ossified said:

On these serious Vaccine matters, I prefer to listen to people who really know what they are talking about like Craig Kelly or Clive Palmer or o'seas experts such as D. Trump and Jair Bolsonaro. But that's just me, ok.

Pete Evans for me. Disappointed I didn't get one of his $15k lamps that kept Covid away.

45 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Gladys in the press conference this morning when asked by a reporter about this potential confusion was like “duhhhhh, like everyone knows what I mean by Sydney met area”.

She was a bit ******* surly this morning I thought...

She's had too easy a run of late !!

We've spent over a year now pissing around with hotel quarantine......and the virus still gets loose. I said from the get go that the Feds should of owned up to their constitutional responsibilities around border control and bio security and built multiple sites around the country or managed offshore quarantine. Only when they are certain people are clear do you let them out.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-19-coronavirus-contact-tracers-may-not-be-able-to-save-sydney-from-going-into-lockdown-after-case-numbers-doubled/2PTGAWSSDKD2DQC3OTUSQ2A2QQ/

"The contact time is 10 seconds or fleeting contact and it is escaping hotel quarantine on repeated occasions and that is extremely worrying.

He said not even NSW's "highly regarded" contact tracers may be able to nip this spread in the bud because it is so infectious.

"There is always this reliance on NSW on their highly regarded contact tracers, but even they would be very worried," he said.

Edited by sonar

And another Queensland holiday going down the dust pipe. I am sure that, some day, the travel vouchers will stop being recycled. In the meantime: ordering a box of nakedwines. 

44 minutes ago, FCB said:

And another Queensland holiday going down the dust pipe. I am sure that, some day, the travel vouchers will stop being recycled. In the meantime: ordering a box of nakedwines. 

:unknw: