The A-League Is Shut Down

It sounds like the  A League season will be finished, hope we get some definitive news soon.

I miss the league, as crappy as it is at times, also the rumours, who's leaving, who are we signing.

Where are you Taurus?,  we need you to supply us some.

44 minutes ago, papersun said:

It sounds like the  A League season will be finished, hope we get some definitive news soon.

I miss the league, as crappy as it is at times, also the rumours, who's leaving, who are we signing.

Where are you Taurus?,  we need you to supply us some.

On one of Dukes instagram post, someone put #contractextension and he liked the comment. Not sure if it means anything but just a thought. Macron is also supposedly the shirt sponsor next season.

14 hours ago, hughsey said:

Perth, CCM and Jets is who I’ve heard

You can imagine that tv revenue can play a big role in keeping these clubs afloat, lots depend on what happens with Fox.

13 hours ago, Burgerman said:

My mate was telling me about the idea that a few npl clubs might be interested in a nsw cup in a few months with a league teams and was to be offered the idea to optus. 

we’d have to wait till Fox cancels the tv deal before we think of looking at any options with Optus. Too early for talk of Optus.

Just now, mack said:

ESPN reporting that this afternoon the clubs were told this afternoon by FFA that the season will restart in 3 months. The players will restart training on July 1, with the remainder of the season to be restarted on August 1, probably all games played in the Sydney area.

we are going to win the comp.. I know it

On 07/05/2020 at 10:22 AM, Sithslayer1991 said:

Kinda glad were holding back a bit with the start. NRL going through hell just to get the game started all this logistical issues. Probably why FFA decided to delay because they knew that would happen

Exactly what the AFL are doing. Sitting back patiently and learning from every mistake the NRL make. One more month and most of their logistical issues they’ve had to work through probably won’t even exist anyway. 

9 hours ago, hughsey said:

Exactly what the AFL are doing. Sitting back patiently and learning from every mistake the NRL make. One more month and most of their logistical issues they’ve had to work through probably won’t even exist anyway. 

James Johnson was on the Big Sports Breakfast the other day where he articulated the issues with restarting the league amongst other issues (do yourself a favour and listen to the podcast of it)

The biggest impediment at the moment is the closure of state borders plus the international border closure with NZ viz WA, SA and Victoria. That make 6 of 11 teams with only 5 in NSW and Qld. With the Nix, their issue is relocating to Australia ( I saw in the stats that NZ recorded a new Covid-19 case yesterday) since Borderforce exempted the Thugby League guys who have relocated to NSW. If Victoria opens the border (along with the Nix relocating to Australia) then we would have 9 out of 11 teams with the problem of interstate travel so Adelaide and Perth could relocate (maybe with possible locations as Wollongong and Canberra). So we need Victoria to open their borders and we might have a chance of a restart but we would be competing with Thugby League for use of Bankwest and other grounds.