NEW MANAGER.FOR SEASON 2020

JPdM will most probably get the gig imho......7 rounds ......3 wins.....3 draws.......1 loss.....15 points 

It's a bit of wait and see if this season finishes.We can theoretically make the play offs.

11 hours ago, sonar said:

JPdM will most probably get the gig imho......7 rounds ......3 wins.....3 draws.......1 loss.....15 points 

It's a bit of wait and see if this season finishes.We can theoretically make the play offs.

He also won a game 3-1 last year when we played the Pheonix when Babbel was suspended after the derby. 

Not sure the points total you put works out though. 3 wins = 9 points, 3 draws = 3 points, 9 and 3 is 12 points. However if you add his win vs the Phoenix it is 15 points.

I hope JP gets the job for at least another season. I personally think he has sturdied the ship and set us up for a good run going into the last few rounds towards the finals.

1 minute ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

He also won a game 3-1 last year when we played the Pheonix when Babbel was suspended after the derby. 

Not sure the points total you put works out though. 3 wins = 9 points, 3 draws = 3 points, 9 and 3 is 12 points. However if you add his win vs the Phoenix it is 15 points.

I hope JP gets the job for at least another season. I personally think he has sturdied the ship and set us up for a good run going into the last few rounds towards the finals.

Yep. Should of put that in. Agree he should stay. A bit of managerial stability.

before all this Covid stuff I’d have assumed the board would have set him a target to meet to get the gig top 4 or 6

Given where we are now who knows? If the season restarts then he needs to do a minimum of too 6 and a win in the semis for me 

If seasons ends now, then you’d have to think based on what he’s done so far and that there will be no $ anyway he stays 

9 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

before all this Covid stuff I’d have assumed the board would have set him a target to meet to get the gig top 4 or 6

Given where we are now who knows? If the season restarts then he needs to do a minimum of too 6 and a win in the semis for me 

If seasons ends now, then you’d have to think based on what he’s done so far and that there will be no $ anyway he stays 

From the position we were in top 6 was/is the best we can/could hope for. No Schwegler is a blow. It's going to be interesting to see what transpires on and off the pitch as far as our club and the league is concerned.

22 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

So basically for us to get to the GF is your min requirement of him? Have you seen how our team played most of this season? 

Top 6 is best we'd be looking at for a finish really. Of remaining games two difficult games against edge of 6 WU and PG, two must wins against MV and CM, and a probable loss with WP.

40 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

So basically for us to get to the GF is your min requirement of him? Have you seen how our team played most of this season? 

Top 6 is best we'd be looking at for a finish really. Of remaining games two difficult games against edge of 6 WU and PG, two must wins against MV and CM, and a probable loss with WP.

Nope top 6 and then win a game doesn’t get us to a grand final. That gets you a game against the team finishing top 

Top 6 has to be the absolute minimum

Edited by StringerBellend
18 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Nope top 6 and then win a game doesn’t get us to a grand final. That gets you a game against the team finishing top 

Top 6 has to be the absolute minimum

Ah yeah, that's a fair expectation. Maybe I just label the finals incorrectly then, is see semifinals as the game that qualifies you for the GF

On 29/05/2020 at 4:40 PM, Westiesarebesties said:

Ah yeah, that's a fair expectation. Maybe I just label the finals incorrectly then, is see semifinals as the game that qualifies you for the GF

I'm probably mis-labelnig them I can't keep up with all the different names. Basically I'm looking for us to make the 6 and then not crash out in the first game.

Given we are gave beaten Sydney twice and drawn once, there is no reason in a one-off game we can't beat any team.

It's a stupid system but somebody is going to win this from 6 why not us? Especially in a year when home ground advantage will potentially be next to meaningless.