Sign in to follow this  
Paul01

A-league 2019/20 Season Restart

Christ if anybody ever complains about the standard of the a league they should watch the nrl match tonight 4 attempts at field goal from 30 metres straight in front and they can’t kick a ball straight

I hardly ever watch NRL but I can’t believe how bad it is 

5 one out runs boot the ball down field 

5 one out runs take a field goal shot from 30 m straight in front and miss 

at least Union players can kick a ball straight 

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

I hardly ever watch NRL

I stopped reading there.

7 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Christ if anybody ever complains about the standard of the a league they should watch the nrl match tonight 4 attempts at field goal from 30 metres straight in front and they can’t kick a ball straight

I hardly ever watch NRL but I can’t believe how bad it is 

5 one out runs boot the ball down field 

5 one out runs take a field goal shot from 30 m straight in front and miss 

at least Union players can kick a ball straight 

It seems to be getting rave reviews, from what I understand.

PS From the little I've seen/heard of it, the subtle crowd audio is a good thing.

Phoney...yes, but it works.

5 hours ago, wendybr said:

PS From the little I've seen/heard of it, the subtle crowd audio is a good thing.

Hmm. Rave reviews from those in the media who believe Thugby League is the world's number one sport.

I watched the ladt 20 minutes of the K-league match between Incheon and Pohang Steelers. That what we need to evaluate, especially on the pitch with pinpoint passes and, yes a little crowd noise. When they away team got a corner, you could hear the unhappy crowd but the home team were attacking, the happy crowd noise.

The A-league won't need to ramp up the noise for Sydney Derbies as they are complete with 2 wins to us and a draw. I found that one of our contractors at work is a mature Smurf supporter (not one of the scum that belong to the Cove), so I asked him if his team had beaten us this season. I didn't get much of a comeback.

6 hours ago, wendybr said:

Coverage was fine, the quality of that game was terrible, but the commentators talked it up. 

my favourite being, “this guys nailing them, he doesn’t miss” as he missed his 5th attempt at field goal. 

4 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Hmm. Rave reviews from those in the media who believe Thugby League is the world's number one sport.

I watched the ladt 20 minutes of the K-league match between Incheon and Pohang Steelers. That what we need to evaluate, especially on the pitch with pinpoint passes and, yes a little crowd noise. When they away team got a corner, you could hear the unhappy crowd but the home team were attacking, the happy crowd noise.

The A-league won't need to ramp up the noise for Sydney Derbies as they are complete with 2 wins to us and a draw. I found that one of our contractors at work is a mature Smurf supporter (not one of the scum that belong to the Cove), so I asked him if his team had beaten us this season. I didn't get much of a comeback.

Have you found watching K-league its pretty similar style to A-league? Its less possession based than J-league more physical and a lot quicker. From what I saw the difference between A-league and K-league is in attack they have the extra spark in attack to unlock the defense lines go one-on-one. 

In regards to crowds I think the speakers is good especially for players given the circumstances

On 31/05/2020 at 7:37 AM, Paul01 said:

Brisbane Roar not happy

Roar chief Pourre slams Sydney hub call https://www.sbs.com.au/roar-chief-pourre-slams-sydney-hub-call?cid=twgapp:socialshare:copylink

This is the perfect article to show what the problem with Football Australia. They are trying to get s*** done to restart but instead of being united to get the game going you have someone being unhappy because its not benefiting them. The obstacles are internal (dud Roar CEO) and external (foxsports) so we can't get anything done so much red tape  and then we wander why the sport is going backwards.

Compare this with NRL and the biggest obstacle they faced was from the ref union and local councils but in the end there is so much unity within the sport to get passed it because in the end they just what the game to comeback. 

Roar CEO should just be glad A-league is coming back at all considering the financial hole we are in. I even got frustrated with the facebook posts on A-league when they put up a Rick and Morty reference for the A-league comeback and the stupid comments people put in reply. You would think people are excited instead its greeted with apathy and negativity.

Mate I don't care how bad A-league is or your point of view of the state of football I just care that the damn game is back and I can watch my club no matter how crap it is (atm) play the game in these s*** times

Yes, seems like 16/7 we go ahead if (1) Players agree (2) Fox agree to broadcast matches

43 minutes ago, mack said:

A cut of what sales? No-one is going to show up to 95% of these games who isn't a diehard fan that should already have a season ticket.

Genius isn’t it, we might as well give them 90% of it, or twelthty % make up anymore either way it going to be a % if sod all, Finals aside 

Issue is now where the games will be played as some crowds .

Bankwest has NRL f***ing it up at least till the 11th July (2 to 3 games per round)

Ditto for Campbelltown, Central coast. Austadiums website doesn't show anything for Newcastle. Both the Nix and Glory have to locate to the eastern states

Wanderers game remaining 

V Fraudsters (was away)

V Perth (Was a home game)

V Melb Vic (Was a home game)

V Sea-bogans ( was away)

V Nix (Was a home game)

2 hours ago, mack said:

A cut of what sales? No-one is going to show up to 95% of these games who isn't a diehard fan that should already have a season ticket.

In NSW, they announced today that stadiums will be allowed crowds up to 25% of capacity as of July 1.

To be honest, I think it’s a fair request. The pay cuts have been harsh & players asked to take a big cut knowing that next season the tv deal will be obliterated.

Nobody is going to turn up? I’m not so sure about that, you see many places where there are big crowds in shopping centers & restaurants/cafe. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think that these people would be willing to go to matches?

Me? I’m too scared to go to the shops, let alone a football match.

24 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Bankwest has NRL f***ing it up at least till the 11th July (2 to 3 games per round)

Apparently Bankwest looks in bad shape

1 minute ago, Prydzopolis said:

Apparently Bankwest looks in bad shape

Yep. It's currently certainly not in any shape for football.

3 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

In NSW, they announced today that stadiums will be allowed crowds up to 25% of capacity as of July 1.

To be honest, I think it’s a fair request. The pay cuts have been harsh & players asked to take a big cut knowing that next season the tv deal will be obliterated.

Nobody is going to turn up? I’m not so sure about that, you see many places where there are big crowds in shopping centers & restaurants/cafe. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think that these people would be willing to go to matches?

Me? I’m too scared to go to the shops, let alone a football match.

I would be there in a heartbeat. Hope you're ok mate.

12 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

I would too. Hope the WSW supporters are ALL ok

I don't go to the shops, but would go to the football (well, depending where it was being played)!

Whatever AFL game I got a glimpse of from sometime recently had people well spaced, and outdoors isn't so worriesome (sp?).

:wanderturtle:

PS It would feel a bit surreal going to a game again. Surreal in a good way! :D

1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Adelaide will announce their interim coach tomorrow. Interested to see who it is.

gombau?

23 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Cheers brother, I’m okay, struggling a fair bit but fighting on :good:

18 hours ago, NeverGoat said:

gombau?

Carl Veart

There's going to be a fight with the NRL over Bankwest. 

The following was from the FFA article 

Regardless of which option we ultimately take, Wellington Phoenix and Perth Glory FC understand that they will complete the remainder of their regular season matches in New South Wales, with games to be played at Bankwest Stadium in Parramatta, Netstrata Jubilee Stadium in Kogarah, and McDonald Jones Stadium in Newcastle. 

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

There's going to be a fight with the NRL over Bankwest. 

The following was from the FFA article 

Regardless of which option we ultimately take, Wellington Phoenix and Perth Glory FC understand that they will complete the remainder of their regular season matches in New South Wales, with games to be played at Bankwest Stadium in Parramatta, Netstrata Jubilee Stadium in Kogarah, and McDonald Jones Stadium in Newcastle. 

There are plenty of available slots at Bankwest mid week. Problem is the pitch will be rubbish for A-League.

Netsrata and McDonald Jones currently aren't being used by the NRL. 

The further issue is that currently, the NRL haven't released venues for Round 10 onwards. This just happens to be the same weekend the A-League is re-starting. 

A few interesting things in this article:
- Season will be played regardless of agreement with Foxtel
- All o/s players given permission to return
- FFA had to resubmit a checklist before Nux could be given approval to travel to NSW, should be approved within the next 24 hours

3 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

There are plenty of available slots at Bankwest mid week. Problem is the pitch will be rubbish for A-League.

Netsrata and McDonald Jones currently aren't being used by the NRL. 

The further issue is that currently, the NRL haven't released venues for Round 10 onwards. This just happens to be the same weekend the A-League is re-starting. 

Why is there such a desperation to have matches played at  Bankwest?

I'm pretty the original proposal mentioned Win Stadium as one of the venues to be used, Leichhardt was mentioned as well, there's also Penrith and Endeavour that aren't being used by NRL.

The playing surface is more important than the location to me.

1 minute ago, papersun said:

Why is there such a desperation to have matches played at  Bankwest?

The playing surface is more important than the location to me.

Agreed re playing surfaces but maybe (I'm just speculating) the govt has given the A-League a good deal?

Anyway, we don't know where any game is going to be played atm, except the first one.