A League Return 19/20 Week 1 (17th to 22nd July)

I forget which one of them (I think Gabriel the striker/attacking mid), but I reckon one of the two Popa kids is more than good enough for A-League in certain situations (one of which being playing the worst team in the league). The other one is marginal but could have a decent career especially if we end up with a 2nd tier.

I’ll get in first - Central Coast Stadium looks about normal*, even with pandemic seating.

*in all fairness to the sea bogans, I appreciate plenty of fans usually sit in the western grandstand given the summer sun is horrendous up there.

Edit (to avoid a double post): the sauce bottles! I’m glad to see they have survived the pandemic. The rest of the league could be drowning, but I’ll be content so long as there’s some tomato sauce looking out over the water.

Edited by Generator
52 minutes ago, mack said:

I forget which one of them (I think Gabriel the striker/attacking mid), but I reckon one of the two Popa kids is more than good enough for A-League in certain situations (one of which being playing the worst team in the league). The other one is marginal but could have a decent career especially if we end up with a 2nd tier.

I think the A-league will become the 2nd tier.

1 hour ago, Generator said:

Good end to the game.

No matter the ratings, I’m liking this one game a day schedule. The A-League is best experienced in small doses, especially at the moment.

They didn't have much choice with limited grounds available with nrl and playing midweek is a good result, just disappointing with foxtel as it wouldn't be hard to do a 15/30 minute pre game or round review etc. Was happy with bozza/pcock with a little bit of slater. 

Edited by Burgerman

So today we have Brisbane v Adelaide at CBUS stadium. Both teams have lost their coaches and players

Brisbane lost Fowler and Grant as well as Aiden O'Neill to Heartle$$

Adelaide lost Verbeek and Maria plus Troisi for the season.

Looks like Brisbane win

15 hours ago, WHACKO said:

Peacock and Bozza commentary,  I'll be nice. Not good.

Yeah its the pairing you get when you don't have a commentary team available.....I quite like Peacock but he's no matchday commentator...to be honest I'd prefer a Mel/Tara pairing !! :xnod:

1 hour ago, MartinTyler said:

Yeah its the pairing you get when you don't have a commentary team available.....I quite like Peacock but he's no matchday commentator...to be honest I'd prefer a Mel/Tara pairing !! :xnod:

Zelic, Lucy is where it’s at

2 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Pundit yes...commentator nah...if you knew what I know....:rolleyes:

It’s the way she says the “itch” names that does it for me.. I’m a gibbering wreck if she’s says Spiranovic too many times  

Am I over sharing?

Edited by StringerBellend
4 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Who do we want to win this match? Is a draw favourable? We are a point below Adelaide I think and Brisbane are a fair few points above us.

Currently 1-0 to Adelaide.

Draw would be a good result for us.

13 minutes ago, Davo said:

Slater is constantly taking shots at Faghani.

Wonder whether that has anything to do with the smurfs being the only team who think he’s no good...

If only Faghani had been on Friday's and Beath on this one.