A-league Return Week 3 - 30/07 to 03/08

2 hours ago, sonar said:

On or off at 65 min.

You would have been spot on if it didn't take them a minute to come on😊

30 minutes ago, mack said:

66th minute.

Add 1 min 

Won the trifecta this weekend.

Wanderers win, Jnr Wanderboy's team wins today (he scored a cracker from 30 metres out), Esfc LOSS. My weekend is complete.

Edited by Wanderboy

1 minute ago, Wanderboy said:

Won a trifecta this weekend.

Wanderers win, Jnr Wanderboy win today (he scored a cracker from 30 metres out), Esfc LOSS. My weekend is complete.

So Jnr didn't get a crap ref like Kurt Ams?

6 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

So Jnr didn't get a crap ref like Kurt Ams?

Actually no, thank goodness. The ref was fantastic. Was firm with his decisions but really polite explaining them to the players. He commanded much respect amongst both teams. Lovely to see this in jnr football. I personally commended him after the game. IMO, refs deserve more respect and praise when they have done well. 

When they haven't done well, it should just be let go. 

Anyway, Jnr WB received a long pass from a CB a few metres inside the opposition half, took a touch in some free space, saw the keeper was off his line and chipped him from 30 metres out. Was a cracker!

Edited by Wanderboy

31 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Actually no, thank goodness. The ref was fantastic. Was firm with his decisions but really polite explaining them to the players. He commanded much respect amongst both teams. Lovely to see this in jnr football. I personally commended him after the game. IMO, refs deserve more respect and praise when they have done well. 

When they haven't done well, it should just be let go. 

Anyway, Jnr WB received a long pass from a CB a few metres inside the opposition half, took a touch in some free space, saw the keeper was off his line and chipped him from 30 metres out. Was a cracker!

Speaking of good refs, what did you think of the ref tonight in the City v ESFC? I thought he was brilliant for someone who had only reffed a few games in the A-league so far. Shame we haven't got him for one of our games yet.

14 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Speaking of good refs, what did you think of the ref tonight in the City v ESFC? I thought he was brilliant for someone who had only reffed a few games in the A-league so far. Shame we haven't got him for one of our games yet.

I hope we get Faghani for the Fraudsters game. Love to see Rudan get a red.

Just noticed that Brattan picked up his 8th Yellow so is suspended for their next away game against Adelaide (at ANZ again). 

And it's s*** house. Just when we need the p****s to beat Adelaide, they don't have the Mullet and Wendy's foster son.

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Just noticed that Brattan picked up his 8th Yellow so is suspended for their next away game against Adelaide (at ANZ again). 

And it's s*** house. Just when we need the p****s to beat Adelaide, they don't have the Mullet and Wendy's foster son.

:rolleyes:

Refs just missed a cocked elbow from O'Donovan. Should be a straight red and a long ban but the ref didn't even give a foul. Amazing.

6 minutes ago, mack said:

Refs just missed a cocked elbow from O'Donovan. Should be a straight red and a long ban but the ref didn't even give a foul. Amazing.

Hoffman has form doesn't he. Quite a few :incidents" involving him.

Edited by sonar

Good goal by Newcastle...helps our cause no end.

33 minutes ago, sonar said:

Good goal by Newcastle...helps our cause no end.

Newcastle only have 1 more game after this and and will only be a point ahead of us if they win tonight. They're taking a game and 3 points away from WU that they would've had on us so  I feel a Jets win is the best possible result for our finals hopes. 

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST

Newcastle move to 7th with 31 points. They have one game left against the Nix.

The Fraudsters drop to 8th with 30 points. They have 4 games in hand as follows 

v Wanderers
v Perth
v Smurfs
v Heartle$$

We drop to 9th with 30 points. We have 3 games in hand and everyone knows who we will play. 

MV v CCM, Birighitti shows his Janjetovic side, MV  up 1-0 and then Birighitti shows some more and almost handballs on the sideline.

He did handball, got very lucky the assistant for his half was on the other side of the pitch. Probably would have got marched for it.

I actually missed the incident and relied on second hand info.

4 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

lol Ruiz Diaz tore them a new one. Ex-Wanderers lad fffffing the Vuck.

2 great finishes 

What happened to the victory wow

Looking forward to our game against Perth tomorrow though, I just bought my ticket!