Sign in to follow this  
mack

Muller Knocked Out During Wanderers Win

When the ground announcer was expecting everyone to roar back the names of the players when he was introducing them, as if it was a full house, I thought "oh man this is going to be horrible".

But it got better from there. As our old mate luisenrique said, on his first trip to the new stadium, "100% more enjoyable than any game at Spotless".

We beat the team coming 2nd/3rd. Not bad.

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

“Tantric sex is focused on very slow intercourse with an emphasis on synchronized breathing, touching, eye contact, and intimacy with your partner. Unlike regular sex, orgasm is not the goal, but rather prolonging it and feeling deep connection.”

apparently the musician, actor and total bellend Sting is a proponent 

Describes our football 

very slow emphasis on passing for no apparent reason unlike regular football scoring a goal is not the goal, but rather prolonging it and a feeling of deep frustration by the crowd 

what I’m saying is that watching our backline move the ball slowly without any end goal or purpose is basically like Sting banging away for hours 

:rofl::rofl:

Dude, at one point in the first half we moved it across the backline and back again and NOT ONE player in front of them moved in any way other than side to side to follow the ball. No-one coming short, no-one making any runs, moving diagonally or moving in any way that might pull the defenders out of position.

I don't get it. They're professional footballers. There are 12 year old kids with better movement off the ball.

7 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

When the ground announcer was expecting everyone to roar back the names of the players when he was introducing them, as if it was a full house, I thought "oh man this is going to be horrible".

But it got better from there. As our old mate luisenrique said, on his first trip to the new stadium, "100% more enjoyable than any game at Spotless".

We beat the team coming 2nd/3rd. Not bad.

Was good to see you guys, and that he manged to get home with out the 'vid

5 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Was good to see you guys, and that he manged to get home with out the 'vid

Likewise.  He has some tales to tell that's for sure. We're thinking we'll be at the "away" game at Kogorah - are we allowed to go? - or the Victory game.

13 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Likewise.  He has some tales to tell that's for sure. We're thinking we'll be at the "away" game at Kogorah - are we allowed to go? - or the Victory game.

I was thinking the same. Was planning to go to the Kogarah game if we are allowed.

21 hours ago, Burgerman said:

Tough fought scrappy win with poor reffing and no var makes it harder to watch, happy they put in but yeah they could have smashed us by half time if they were switched on. Still concerning is the midfield dm's and trying to go forward always resorting to expect Russell to do to much despite his man of the match performance,swegs made a difference but nows with Muller out time to give Sullivan a crack think he would make a difference. Muller looks like a fractured jaw/cheekbone from the late challenge head clash and was a poor attempt probably with the var would be sent off. 

BTW still happy we won, but we look short of a top 6 finish. This team under the system played just isn't going to be enough. The Nix could have easily been 3-0 up until the Muller incident, after that they went defensive

1 hour ago, btron3000 said:

I hope we are but I suspect we aren’t, I don’t think Smurf’s got to to go to anz this arvo 

22 minutes ago, mintoff said:

I will use sullivan and Schwegler for the next game instead Baccus and O'Doherty.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, mintoff said:

I will use sullivan and Schwegler for the next game instead Baccus and O'Doherty.

Yep. Schwegler has to start imho. I think the main reason he hasn't started is his late arrival after quarrantine. One of our better visa players tbh. I would add Muller to that as well.He will be missed. 

Edited by sonar

14 hours ago, btron3000 said:

:rofl::rofl:

Dude, at one point in the first half we moved it across the backline and back again and NOT ONE player in front of them moved in any way other than side to side to follow the ball. No-one coming short, no-one making any runs, moving diagonally or moving in any way that might pull the defenders out of position.

I don't get it. They're professional footballers. There are 12 year old kids with better movement off the ball.

OMG I think remember the exact time this was happening, I was telling Gunner Jnr your u15's game have more more movement than these guys.

Everyone has stationary I actually was going to tell him it was like my 035 games but I thought that might be bit rich. :cheeky: 

Watching from the ground, I reckon that some of the reason for the passing along the back in the first half was O'Doherty and Baccus not providing a link back or the wing-backs not moving enough.  DG was flatfooted a fair part of the night - always receiving the ball standing still and then taking an age to decide what to do. When he did run, he looked far more dangerous and provided something up front. 

Tate played reasonably well but seemed but seemed to be a little freaked by Nix Defender (McCowatt??) and kept turning backwards.  So many times he got the ball too a couple of steps forward and then turned backwards.

Schwegler provided more outlet in the second half and Baccus stepped up a bit more - he plays much better with Schwegler.

Overall, I thought they defended pretty well and kept a pretty good Nix outfit quiet.  I felt that Nix lack of firing up front was as much to do with our defending and the organisation as them being a little off.  The opening 10 minutes showed they were ready to play and we took time to get up to the tempo but after that it was a pretty good effort by the boys. 

Cox and Duke still look a little rusty but you can see there is an understanding developing between them - will take a little time, which we don't have.  Cox didn't have a lot of the ball in front of goal but worked hard off it and took defenders with him.  He played other into the game a fair bit. It would have been really good to see how they went if Muller had been able to play on.  There was stuff happening but the flicks and passes just a bit off - better than against CCM but still a way to go.

I would like to see this squad with JP and a full pre-season.  Kwame sounds like he has been through some hard stuff personally and is coming through it - could explain a lot and if JP and Labi can get hi through it, he could find the form of Leeds??!  Having said all that, a mate's words keep echoing in my mind: 'It's the hope that kills you!'

'It's the hope that kills you!'

Prophetic words indeed for all football fans there, you gotta hope and believe or what's the point.:good:

16 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

'It's the hope that kills you!'

Prophetic words indeed for all football fans there, you gotta hope and believe or what's the point.:good:

Hope, belief, disappointment, repeat.

That’s what it is to be a football fan in Australia.

25 minutes ago, VedranRozic said:

Hope, belief, disappointment, repeat.

That’s what it is to be a football fan in Australia.

That's not unique to Aus.