mack

Perth Blast WSW Finals Hopes

7 hours ago, wendybr said:

Ahhh well.

Only 3 more years of sh*t and we'll have reached the 7 years in the doldrums that SFC supporters experienced. :pardon:

I'm not saying it's easy to endure...but....:unknw:

Cm-on lets be positive we can aspire to be the third best team in Sydney next season ..........

10 minutes ago, jockman said:

Cm-on lets be positive we can aspire to be the third best team in Sydney next season ..........

The goal by WSF owners and management seems to be finish above CCM. 

I think they consider it a successful season if we finish above the Mariners.

7 hours ago, wendybr said:

Ahhh well.

Only 3 more years of sh*t and we'll have reached the 7 years in the doldrums that SFC supporters experienced. :pardon:

I'm not saying it's easy to endure...but....:unknw:

Couldn't care less about ESFC and their history of suffering or how we compare to them. Are you giving them a suffering badge of honour lol

insipid , lack of intestinal fortitude , absolutely hopeless, not interested in being there , 

Does all or any of the above sum up last night,

That was one of the worst performances I have witnessed by the wanderers , 

cant say any more other than why did we change coaches mid year cause nothing else has changed 

While I am moaning and groaning in frustration , 

What the hell is this about not being able to re sign players (not sure we want any of them) or new players because we don't know the salary cap.

Sydney FC has agreed contracts for next years team based on current salary cap.

Croatia Bulls are spending money like there is not tomorrow.

While we sit on our hands for EEFS sake.

End of rant

Posted (edited)

Putting Kamau on as left wing back, when he struggles at right back, was one of the key moments that cost us this game.

Even though, we didnt offer much all game, this decision was mind boggling.

But like most have said, the formation is killing us, along with our 3 bozos at the back.

No one from this starting 11, is worth keeping. 

Edited by Stokz

Yep was there for that last night, first half cagey but as time wore on just didn't know where our goals were coming from.

only 3 players of substance out there last night Fornaroli, Killkenny and Duke.

Fornaroli is a major pain in the arse, watching him and then turning my eyes to Cox and Yeboah last night, chalk and cheese, Duke a few passes and touches out of place but covers every blade of grass, and yes he put 3 headers over the bar but he got his head on 3 in front of all that Perth timber.

lot of personnel change for next year needed.

I thought Tate was one of the few good things from last night although it was the first time I noticed that he has absolutely no left foot. His crossing is normally excellent but the run of 4-5 in a row that were awful were all on his left. Not sure whether it was instructions from Popa or the defender just figured him out but in the second half his marker let Tate come inside every time so he had to deliver the ball with his left foot. From then on he couldn't beat the first defender.

Overall things are pretty dire now. Given the importance of the game and how bad we were I was expecting some booing at full time but the crowd just collectively shrugged and went home.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Couldn't care less about ESFC and their history of suffering or how we compare to them. Are you giving them a suffering badge of honour lol

Kopites of the A League ;) 

a couple of poor seasons and we are supposed to feel sorry for them 

Edited by StringerBellend

This: “Putting Kamau on as left wing back, when he struggles at right back, was one of the key moments that cost us this game.”

Exactly right. Kamau’s poor defending led to the second goal. After that we were always at risk of copping a third as we pressed harder for the equalizer.

But I don’t blame Kamau. I blame JP. As Stokz and other said, Kamau to left back when he struggled defensively at right back?? Really. And you take off the wing back who until that point in the game was the more threatening of the two???

How wise was it to give JP the job permanently before we finished this season? Now we are already on the back foot for next season when we will almost inevitably see a string of losses leading to him being sacked mid-season followed by another rebuild.

You can only demolish and rebuild your house so many times before everyone - fans, members, sponsors and even owners (although that might be a good thing)  just walk away.

Kamau is never a left wing back

Putting players in their best position (Or at least one that they can play) should be a given 

As for Georgievski what the **** was he doing for the goal, switched off and didn’t stay goal side of his man so called the keeper out, it was Over 35s stuff 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, VedranRozic said:

This: “Putting Kamau on as left wing back, when he struggles at right back, was one of the key moments that cost us this game.”

Exactly right. Kamau’s poor defending led to the second goal. After that we were always at risk of copping a third as we pressed harder for the equalizer.

But I don’t blame Kamau. I blame JP. As Stokz and other said, Kamau to left back when he struggled defensively at right back?? Really. And you take off the wing back who until that point in the game was the more threatening of the two???

How wise was it to give JP the job permanently before we finished this season? Now we are already on the back foot for next season when we will almost inevitably see a string of losses leading to him being sacked mid-season followed by another rebuild.

You can only demolish and rebuild your house so many times before everyone - fans, members, sponsors and even owners (although that might be a good thing)  just walk away.

Georgievski was at fault for the first goal and that’s his position 

if he spent less time waving his arms around and theatricaly complaining he might have been on the right side of his man

but yes putting a right winger at left back was insane 

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

The goal by WSF owners and management seems to be finish above CCM. 

I think they consider it a successful season if we finish above the Mariners.

So we're in even more trouble if the Mariners are given the ick......

27 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Georgievski was at fault for the first goal and that’s his position 

if he spent less time waving his arms around and theatricaly complaining he might have been on the right side of his man

but yes putting a right winger at left back was insane 

Yep Georgevski has been a very frustrating player, i think it hurts us playing a right footer as a left back, as they always cut in to their right.

That works well with inverted wingers, and results in lots of goals, goal opportunities (See Mane/Salah).

But when a full-back does that it really stifles the attack and crosses from that position become less effective and easy to defend against.  

42 minutes ago, Stokz said:

Yep Georgevski has been a very frustrating player, i think it hurts us playing a right footer as a left back, as they always cut in to their right.

That works well with inverted wingers, and results in lots of goals, goal opportunities (See Mane/Salah).

But when a full-back does that it really stifles the attack and crosses from that position become less effective and easy to defend against.  

I like Georgevski....typical westie in a similar mould to Jamo...but this season must have been his worst in the A league so far.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

I like Georgevski....typical westie in a similar mould to Jamo...but this season must have been his worst in the A league so far.

He’s was great for Victory and ok at jets been dreadful all year for us. Gives the ball away, constantly out of position in defence and seemed to be practicing social distancing before Covid started

Oh and gives away stupid free kicks in dangerous positions 

13 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

another thing I read Tate and his 4 **** crosses I’m sorry but I just can’t accept this f your tired or not you cannot be a professional footballer and hit 4 **** crosses in the space of 30 seconds it’s just criminal 

Totally agree mate but hanging **** on the only junior in the squad when let's face it he is trying to hit one of Duke at 5ft 10, Yeboah 5ft 8 and Cox about the same against 6ft 6 defenders every week and being our only real attacking threat is just poor tactics, it was up to JP to take him off last night thats what a decent coach does, instead he takes off the only threat we had (and I am not even a DG fan) and leaves the kid on and then plays Kamau on the left where is absolutely useless and always has been.  Why we just try to cross into the box instead of playing through teams when we have 6 or more in the middle of the park anyway with those players is absolutely ridiculous.  Sure some of our players are useless but the system we are playing would not work in local Association Div 1 comps, anyone with a football brain knows that.  Imagine coaching against us, money for jam mate, let them go wide, close out the middle and foul them if they are on the break - case closed, I could coach my U18s to defend the one dimensional **** they put up every week. 

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

He’s was great for Victory and ok at jets been dreadful all year for us. Gives the ball away, constantly out of position in defence and seemed to be practicing social distancing before Covid started

Oh and gives away stupid free kicks in dangerous positions 

This seems to be a recurring theme for us, we turn good/fair players to crap.

I guess this is what happens when local players aren't signed by the coaches

Babbel and JP played the 5 at back system the whole season and its been a failure. We don't have the players in midfield and wingback positions to accommodate it. Scrap it, the squad we have is just painfully not good enough to be top 6 in an 11 team competition. Everything on the ball this season is just too slow and timid, lacking any creativity and ideas putting pressure on our defense which always looked like it was one through pass or long ball from the opposition from splitting like swiss cheese.

Simply not good enough. I fear we may be in this rut for the next 2 or 3 seasons at least with finances tightening. 

7 hours ago, jockman said:

If we're lucky the FFA Cup will get cancelled again so Blacktown can't knock us out.

3 minutes ago, alexd said:

Who misses shinsi, hersi and polenz?

+1

34 minutes ago, alexd said:

Happy times :cry:

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, alexd said:

About time Ono got his coaching badge...The return of the messiah!!!!!

But then he might be shyte at it and i would have to hate him...which I would never want to do...

Edited by Smoggy

12 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

I’m not even sure active support is permitted stadium security is pretty vigilant in ensuring we are following protocols pertaining to safe social distancing. 

but Wendy there is zero rbb consolidated presence - perhaps they are all spread out across and enjoying a seat after years of fine work! 

Thanks GW!

21 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Sad that the people high up seem to only care about one thing and that's money.

You are right  the mighty dollar come first, we need a new CEO some one know football

10 hours ago, Keithie said:

insipid , lack of intestinal fortitude , absolutely hopeless, not interested in being there , 

Does all or any of the above sum up last night,

That was one of the worst performances I have witnessed by the wanderers , 

cant say any more other than why did we change coaches mid year cause nothing else has changed 

While I am moaning and groaning in frustration , 

What the hell is this about not being able to re sign players (not sure we want any of them) or new players because we don't know the salary cap.

Sydney FC has agreed contracts for next years team based on current salary cap.

Croatia Bulls are spending money like there is not tomorrow.

While we sit on our hands for EEFS sake.

End of rant

Until we change our ceo with one that understand football we will never improve, look at SFC they changed their ceo when things were going bad.

Maybe our players are crap, but what do you expect when we play a system which seems foreign to them all. 

Our defence have players who don’t know where or how to defend. We have no midfield because the holding midfielders sit on top of the centre backs and out forward line comprises 3 guys that you could throw a blanket over. When our wingbacks do break, they have no support and no options. 

All this i think is down to poor recruitment and trying to play a system which tries to fit in our (so called) best players.

JP should revert back to a 442 which players would have played all their lives, and then pick the best players in each position.

The great news is, I don’t think the team could do any worse. 

14 hours ago, mintoff said:

Until we change our ceo with one that understand football we will never improve, look at SFC they changed their ceo when things were going bad.

I've been saying JTOUT for a long time and ppl on here think i was saying it for fun , jt only cares about $$$ and ordering more XXL n Xs jerseys cos thats all ppl worry about

#JTOUT

#CHANGEORBECHANGED

#FREETHEREDANDBLACK

#FREETHEWEST

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, billybob said:

Maybe our players are crap, but what do you expect when we play a system which seems foreign to them all. 

Our defence have players who don’t know where or how to defend. We have no midfield because the holding midfielders sit on top of the centre backs and out forward line comprises 3 guys that you could throw a blanket over. When our wingbacks do break, they have no support and no options. 

All this i think is down to poor recruitment and trying to play a system which tries to fit in our (so called) best players.

JP should revert back to a 442 which players would have played all their lives, and then pick the best players in each position.

The great news is, I don’t think the team could do any worse. 

Kamau at Left Wing Back

JP should be sacked for that alone 

I like Kamau too but he’s never a left wing back