mack

3 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Speed...tick

Skill...nah

Football brain...nah

Conclusion....A league squaddie..

Exactly runs fast a lot

conclusion, athlete not footballer, if he was taller should have gone into afl 

So depressing to watch to bog average teams playing a semi at our ground and we didn’t come close to making 6, club should be suitably ashamed 

one of the big average teams has no support, home ground and didn’t exist a year ago, people can F off with the Gumby, babbel, JP etc need time. Just get a competent manager in and get your foriegn player signings right it’s not hard 

1 hour ago, Edinburgh said:

Roar with home advantage to beat WU.

Mind you, the home advantage didn't help the Nix last night!

If the home advantage continues as it has so far, on Wednesday we'll have a  WU v Perth GF

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

PS Looking forward to Weds night tbh.

Unlike some purists here, I like the finals.

:pardon:

It's actually quite easy to take when you just want to see a close, hard fought contest And you don't really mind who wins...except there's one team you don't want to win.

This weekend's games reminded me of 70s FA Cup ties !!

7 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

definitely !!

Oh, that's good!

There's an intensity about these games, that makes them compelling!

Bit too intense if your own team is playing..  :lol: although who will ever forget that Roar game!

Even if we hadn't won it, it would stand out for its desperation and intensity - unforgettable!!.

Sighhhhhh!

So....I don't get that some people don't like finals.

How boring is it when some stellar team wins the Premiership, or the Plate here, some weeks before the season ends?

Season fizzles out for the rest of the teams (altho not if there's relegation, of course).

This way, there's drama and excitement for weeks more!  :D

16 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Oh, that's good!

There's an intensity about these games, that makes them compelling!

Bit too intense if your own team is playing..  :lol: although who will ever forget that Roar game!

Even if we hadn't won it, it would stand out for its desperation and intensity.

Sighhhhhh!

I've also thoroughly enjoyed both games....the only sad part is that I haven't seen the Wanderers play with the same cohesion all season !!

6 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

I've also thoroughly enjoyed both games....the only sad part is that I haven't seen the Wanderers play with the same cohesion all season !!

This is true.

I watched with envy!

I hope the rest of the finals are as good to watch - because it means that there is hope for the A League, even if, at the moment, we don't really seem to be part of that.   :(

3 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

Head says Smurfs to beat the Perfs. Goes without saying though. Perth to win.

Head and heart saying Glory. Sydney have been utterly terrible since the restart. Perth were able to contain Nix really well and prevent any quality goalscoring opportunities. 

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST

I still have a soft spot for Popa (despite the fact he royally screwed us over in the end and contributed to the shite show we are currently in), so yeh go Perth.

Plus the fact I hate ESFC with a passion.

Edited by Wanderboy