A-League 2019/20 Finals Series

mack

48 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

Um, think we’re going to have to get over other teams being in “our” ground . We already share with the Eels and other RL teams , Inter/Milan , Lazio/Roma , Hellas Verona/Chievo etc etc all share a ground . Football in general in Aus has gone backwards the last 3-4 seasons , it’s pretty crap to watch most of the time . I’m starting to whinge , might have to go to the “Grinds” thread....

Agree, but still struggle a bit to see the Cove there - especially given that it illustrates how poor we've been and how well Sydney have done these last few years.

Yeah I know what you mean . Guess I was expecting our football (the A League) to be better by now. After Adelaide making the ACL final and us winning it , I thought “ this is it “ Aussie football is finally going to get  better ....

Return to a winter league ffs , it’s time we stopped being scared of the ARL AFL . The summer comp hasn’t worked , the conditions are crap .

54 minutes ago, sonar said:

The difference in quality in the cooler temps is stark. Most games have been played at a faster tempo....good to watch.

Tbh I wish Aus would go back to a winter comp. 

I read an article and actually debunked this theory

They found that looking at Opta stats, the amount of running and the like is on par with what was there pre-coronavirus.

On the grand final, I guess this is how ESFC felt when we played our grand final vs CCM at Allianz?

4 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

They found that looking at Opta stats, the amount of running and the like is on par with what was there pre-coronavirus.

On the grand final, I guess this is how ESFC felt when we played our grand final vs CCM at Allianz?

If it's online post a link because while I don't dispute what you say I can honestly say from personal experience that there is a big difference in playing sport in 30+ degrees as opposed to 15 C

1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

Saw that, and thought Adam Peacock made a good comment asking whether there were any stats on the amount of mistakes etc. that were made in summer compared to winter. I.e. did the extra heat lead to greater mental fatigue etc?

Also curious to see stats for the foreign players who would be used to playing in winter and can find the adjustment to summer more difficult (particularly if from more northern parts of Europe).

2 hours ago, Unlimited said:

I imagine that if we played from say, February through to September, the fact that we won't have to cram games into the hottest period of the year will drastically improve things over the course of an entire season. 

Beath selected over Faghani to referee the Grand Final.

One has refereed France vs Argentina in a World Cup knockout game, an Olympic gold medal match and an Asian Cup final, while the other is a part time accountant and David Squires meme but hey, whatever makes the smurfs happy.

Edited by Davo
2 hours ago, Davo said:

Beath selected over Faghani to referee the Grand Final.

One has refereed France vs Argentina in a World Cup knockout game, an Olympic gold medal match and an Asian Cup final, while the other is a part time accountant and David Squires meme but hey, whatever makes the smurfs happy.

Beath’s cheaper

19 minutes ago, Davo said:

Disgraceful decision. Reminds me of an Allianz derby where they scored while Ibini was offside and literally touching our keeper. Fox team were adamant then that it was the right call...

FFA’s decision to pick Beath over Faghani has already paid for itself.

Fox Team are Andy Harper, Robbie Slater