Sign in to follow this  
mack

A-League 2019/20 Finals Series

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Cove just did the poznan and who do we sing for. F*** this. This is one of the biggest lows in our history. 

F*** Grant, F*** the Cove, F*** Beath, F*** KGJ, F*** Fox, F*** SFC.

Don't care.....

And those two words right there say everything about this comp and the malaise surrounding it and our club.....wooo ******* hooo Sydney FC have won the comp again, meh.......

Edited by Smoggy

29 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Cove just did the poznan and who do we sing for. F*** this. This is one of the biggest lows in our history. 

If we won as much as they did you better bet our fans would be rubbing it in their faces they way they do to us. 

Direct your anger towards our club. 4 years of promises and build up and they present us with utter ****. **** performances, **** recruitment, **** managers. 

7 minutes ago, dodson said:

If we won as much as they did you better bet our fans would be rubbing it in their faces they way they do to us. 

Direct your anger towards our club. 4 years of promises and build up and they present us with utter ****. **** performances, **** recruitment, **** managers. 

Just think we could be the third best team in Sydney next season...

11 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Don't care.....

And those two words right there say everything about this comp and the malaise surrounding it and our club.....wooo ******* hooo Sydney FC have won the comp again, meh.......

Hardly anybody at the stadium and not many watching on TV..yes agree meh...who cares

3 minutes ago, jockman said:

Good chance.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Don't care.....

15 minutes ago, dodson said:

You're absolutely correct. The club is certainly at fault for a lot of this. However, in the moment the best way to vent my anger was to show my hatred to the pr*cks on their high horses in the east.

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST

1 minute ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

You're absolutely correct. The club is certainly at fault for a lot of this. However, in the moment the best way to vent my anger was to show my hatred to the boys in the east.

I have far too much apathy these days to get angry.

If we ever win the grand final and our fans rub it into SFC, I would hope at least the day after, not start doing an SFC chant just after the final whistle when we want to celebrate with our players. SFC would be the last thing on my mind; WSW were the first thing on their mind after today's win.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Bob said:

If we ever win the grand final and our fans rub it into SFC, I would hope at least the day after, not start doing an SFC chant just after the final whistle when we want to celebrate with our players. SFC would be the last thing on my mind; WSW were the first thing on their mind after today's win.

They are weirdly obsessed with us 

when / if we win a grand final unless it is against them in can’t see me giving them a second thought

all that said both sides tonight played better football than we have played in 4 years, we can take this piss out of ABJ all we want but he’d still be a certain starter in our team 

Edited by StringerBellend

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, EmMac said:

I clearly don't understand the rules of football. I can't believe that goal was disallowed. Are they saying redmaynes view was blocked. Is that not allowed in normal play? I don't get it :unknw:

If an offside player obstructs the view of the goal keeper it can be pulled back. But the problem is the goal was given. I didn't see a camera angle showing Redmayne's eyes and the ball in the same camera angle so how the ref could even overturn the decision himself defeats the purpose of VAR, which is to show the evidence. The evidence in the build up play shows Redmayne being wronged footed and then obstructed by his own player just after he had to change direction, after he saw the ball being kicked. 

Edited by Bob
Additional information

2 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

all i am is slightly irritated that they won, i suppose there are advantages to being dead inside :P

:grouphug::grouphug:

1 hour ago, Wanderboy said:

And **** the way our club has allowed us to become the rabble we are.

ESFC have played away at crappy suburban grounds all season, during a global pandemic while their ground is being rebuilt, and they still manage to boss the league. 

We on the other hand, turned to shite under exactly the same circumstances - except for the Covid bit.

And we still kept getting sent "everything is ok emails for 4 seasons" from our untouchable leaders. 

I will probably allow the auto renew of my season tickets, but I'm seriously considering not doing so. I never thought I would do this. It will depend on what conditions the club comes up with. I understand it is hard considering the current Covid conditions but **** me, what have they shown me to convince me to do otherwise?

I spend over $700 a season on this club for tickets + what I spend on merchandise. They have almost convinced me to spend it on alcohol instead.

:grouphug::grouphug:

PS I'm with you re the second last paragraph. It's kinda hard to care, really.  :(

7 hours ago, Bob said:

If an offside player obstructs the view of the goal keeper it can be pulled back. But the problem is the goal was given. I didn't see a camera angle showing Redmayne's eyes and the ball in the same camera angle so how the ref could even overturn the decision himself defeats the purpose of VAR, which is to show the evidence. The evidence in the build up play shows Redmayne being wronged footed and then obstructed by his own player just after he had to change direction, after he saw the ball being kicked. 

Half time they said it was the linesman that asked for the review so I’m assuming in a non var world he would have put his flag up and the goal wouldn’t have stood 

11 hours ago, mack said:

lol Grant dives to try to win a pen and the commentary praises him for "not asking for one".

Speedie....'nuff said

10 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

After the final whistle? I switched off immediately the game finished.

9 hours ago, jockman said:

Well Victory were the 3rd best team in Melbourne this season so anything's possible !!

6 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Well Victory were the 3rd best team in Melbourne this season so anything's possible !!

As this stand right now you wouldn't get against Macarthur getting  finals spot and us the usual 7th downwards

12 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

noon clearly trying to be a wanderers striker with that shot

Noone had a shocker in the box....plus with Maclaren invisible and Wales playing like a headless chook much of City's periods of domination were wasted.

2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Half time they said it was the linesman that asked for the review so I’m assuming in a non var world he would have put his flag up and the goal wouldn’t have stood 

He would have put the flag up and called the referee over to discuss. There's no way the linesman could see whether Wales was blocking Redmayne's view but he'd know Wales was offside and relatively close. He'd ask Beath whether he thought Wales impeded and Beath, without VAR would have probably backed his original decision and given the goal. 

12 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

It's nice to know that we taught them how to do active support properly.

2 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

After the final whistle? I switched off immediately the game finished.

I switched off after KGJ and VAR did a job on City's goal. The fix was on.

Offside call was 50/50 but linesman would have called it otherwise it seems. But City should have been 3 up anyway by halftime and faded as the game wore on. Wales is literally the picture of the average A-league striker has lots of pace but doesn't know what to do with it. Macca and Noone seem to fade the longer the game went.

All jokes aside I really thought City had this but seemed to fall onto old habits of finding ways to lose a game. Sounds a bit like us hahaha

17 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Wales is literally the picture of the average A-league striker has lots of pace but doesn't know what to do with it.

This !!

14 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

This has been screen shotted and shared on multiple aussie football pages to have the piss taken out of it unfortunately.