Rockdale CIty vs Wanderers NPL 6/09/2020 3:00PM

mack

3-1 win. Kosta Grozos scored a pen to equalise earlier on then Rory Jordan got us in front then Peter Grozos scored a 3rd in stoppage time.

8 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

Were looking like we might win our first game for NPL. Which is nice I guess, but when looking at Syd FC youth it's a bit disappointing to compare. They're top of the ladder, about to finish of Sydney United 4-1. 

Do FC treat their youth team the same as us? Restriction for ages etc?

The last few years SFC have finished in the bottom two. I can only assume they weren't relegated in 2018 when they finished last because of the club championship. But they've been in NPL 1 while we've been in NPL2. Historically I believe they've used squads of players older than ours by a year or two, WSW had decided to not necessarily push to be promoted into NPL 1 and use younger players with the best moving into the first team squad.

5 minutes ago, mack said:

3-1 win. Kosta Grozos scored a pen to equalise earlier on then Rory Jordan got us in front then Peter Grozos scored a 3rd in stoppage time.

The last few years SFC have finished in the bottom two. I can only assume they weren't relegated in 2018 when they finished last because of the club championship. But they've been in NPL 1 while we've been in NPL2. Historically I believe they've used squads of players older than ours by a year or two, WSW had decided to not necessarily push to be promoted into NPL 1 and use younger players with the best moving into the first team squad.

Fair enough, I'd heard something similar before. Do you know what age we have as our cut off for the youth team? I'm guessing we just let them move on after that?

4 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

Fair enough, I'd heard something similar before. Do you know what age we have as our cut off for the youth team? I'm guessing we just let them move on after that?

21 or 23 I think.

Rory Jordan been on fire this season, scoring heaps of goals as a midfielder I believe.

Edit: Btw Sydney United beat SFC youth 4-2, not the other way around.

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST