Memberships

Thought I’d get in early... Has anyone heard anything, informal or otherwise, from the club about memberships for the coming season? I don’t expect anything will be settled any time soon but even advice to that effect would be useful, if just so people are aware of when the club might launch its annual strike on our credit cards.

• 2 weeks later...

See previous post for the correct mode. Don't be fooled into thinking that the club will pay the players if we renew (as least in full)

Does anybody know if one keeps their foundation status if they downgrade to a non-ticketed or part-season membership and show up on the day to the games one can?

Edited by alexd
1 hour ago, alexd said:

Does anybody know if one keeps their foundation status if they downgrade to a non-ticketed or part-season membership and show up on the day to the games one can?

I would contact the club, between members pissed off at the clubs incompetence & those who would have lost jobs and struggling through the rona recession, there might be a few wondering the same.

2 weeks notice for renewal seems a bit short, considering no one even knows what the makeup of the league will be next season, nor when it starts. They obviously want to get their financials in order for this FY (or even the 2021 calendar year), but something just feels off about all this.

Our memberships don't pay the wages of the players. Usually the broadcast deal covered that and now with that reduced, there are issues there. Also the whole PFA/CBA negotiations happening.

I didn't expect a price rise, and the discount is welcomed, but when the players aren't getting paid and there is so much in the air atm surrounding the league, it just seems mistimed.

2 hours ago, Erebus said:

2 weeks notice for renewal seems a bit short, considering no one even knows what the makeup of the league will be next season, nor when it starts. They obviously want to get their financials in order for this FY (or even the 2021 calendar year), but something just feels off about all this.

Our memberships don't pay the wages of the players. Usually the broadcast deal covered that and now with that reduced, there are issues there. Also the whole PFA/CBA negotiations happening.

I didn't expect a price rise, and the discount is welcomed, but when the players aren't getting paid and there is so much in the air atm surrounding the league, it just seems mistimed.

Yep we don’t know even know if the season will start this year or next, seems a bit early to start collecting rego 

• mack pinned this topic

I let my auto renewal do it’s thing. My membership costs bugger all so no real fuss to me. If I was in a higher seating category it would be a different story...

I still think we should’ve gone with the Victory system a one-off base rate then purchasing a ticket for each game (at a significant reduction to general public prices). Given the uncertainty around season kick off and potentially ongoing crowd number limitations it makes particular sense.

I too feel that the whole process happened way too prematurely.

On 04/10/2020 at 8:41 PM, hughsey said:

I still think we should’ve gone with the Victory system a one-off base rate then purchasing a ticket for each game (at a significant reduction to general public prices). Given the uncertainty around season kick off and potentially ongoing crowd number limitations it makes particular sense.

I think the reason they’ve done this is because we have a different situation to Victoria. Under current regulations, WSW would be able to fit all of its members in to games but there is a different question altogether whether all those members feel confident about attending games.

I look forward to seeing what they come out with in a couple of weeks time.

4 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

they have added some new good things about the membership

Decided to check because I usually can’t be bothered :lol:

All our members receive a number of exclusive items and benefits as part their membership package.

NEW IN 2020/21 100% ATTENDANCE REWARDS on match days with special giveaways including

Attend all our 2020/21 home matches to be in the draw to win one of sixteen match worn player jerseys from a select match day

Form a guard of honour and participate in a WanderLap during our final home match of the season

Recognition on the big screen during our final home match of the season

NEW IN 2020/21 FORTNIGHTLY WANDERPAY now full season members can now chose to pay for their membership upfront, monthly or fortnightly

NEW IN 2020/21 TEEN PRICES with exclusive membership kit items

NEW IN 2020/21 ADD-ONS items including a cooler bag and personalised water bottle

INTEGRATED PUBLIC TRANSPORT for all home matches

FREE ENTRY to all standalone Westfield W-League, Foxtel Y-League and PS4 NPL NSW home matches

10% DISCOUNT ON MERCHANDISE purchased via the Wanderers Shop online or on match day

EXCLUSIVE OFFERS from our partners

10% DISCOUNT on pre-purchased tickets

PRIORITY TICKET PURCHASEfor Wanderers A-League fixtures, Finals Series, FFA Cup, Caltex Socceroos and Westfield Matildas tickets

MEMBER EXCLUSIVE EVENTSthroughout the season

9 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

I think the reason they’ve done this is because we have a different situation to Victoria. Under current regulations, WSW would be able to fit all of its members in to games but there is a different question altogether whether all those members feel confident about attending games.

I look forward to seeing what they come out with in a couple of weeks time.

There’s also a long term approach to their strategy as a means of preventing false “sell outs” at aami park when only half the capacity is actually in attendance. Over the next 5-10 years depending on the success of the aleague/wsw it’s a valid strategy that we will need to potentially look at employing. 

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone else receive an email from the club re: renewing memberships when they haven't renewed? Just received one thanking me for renewing (and that membership pack will be sent out) when I haven't! Checked my bank details and nothing has been debited. It's a generic email that was sent to all members so may just be an error on the mailing list, but still curious.

2 minutes ago, Carns said:

Did anyone else receive an email from the club re: renewing memberships when they haven't renewed? Just received one thanking me for renewing (and that membership pack will be sent out) when I haven't! Checked my bank details and nothing has been debited. It's a generic email that was sent to all members so may just be an error on the mailing list, but still curious.

Yep we've got the same email.....I now eagerly await the membership pack free of charge !!

6 hours ago, Carns said:

6 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Yep we've got the same email.....I now eagerly await the membership pack free of charge !!

Same here.

I feel a little ripped off in terms of venting some false outrage - I only received the correct email advising that membership sales would be open soon (one that acknowledged I’m based interstate in the ACT, too), not a mistaken email suggesting I had already renewed and a pack is on its way ☹️.

Anyway, I decided not to renew. Not worth it based on the team’s performances over most of the club’s life and the antics of the club over recent years. I may revisit my decision a few rounds into the season, but that’s unlikely. That all said (long sentence alert), the membership team seem to be doing the best they can in the current situation, so I really can’t fault the club staff on the frontline, no matter the decisions made by those higher up the chain to empty as many fans’ wallets as possible before coming out with alternative arrangements in light of the pandemic.

• 1 month later...

Late last month I renewed the membership (god knows why after the last 4 years of trash and with a glorified NPL level side this season), got the confirmation email saying the card & kit were on it's way and should arrive in "5 weeks" (******* hell, get this sorted, a membership kit shouldn't take over a month to arrive), with an ETA of early January (great, no membership card for our first 2, possibly 3 home games).

Now I've just got a "we miss you" email saying I'm "welcome back" with the usual member spiel.

Is it too much to ask a professional football club to 1) take less than a month to get a membership kit sent out and 2) to understand when it's members have actually renewed & 3) not send them out emails making people think the club thinks they haven't renewed when they have?

• mack changed the title to Memberships