Local Current Affairs Thread

wendybr

25 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

State isn't much better..Gladys not out of the woods yet....

Who knows? Look I couldn't give a rats whether Glady's was having an affair with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir or the Houshold Cavalry, however I'm amazed that she can get away with not knowing what her boyfriend Maguire was up to with developers. Then there's the Council's Funding rorts and have all related documentation shredded. And then we have the monumental corruption with Perrotet's ( Leader in waiting) ICARE. And, as Wendy says Nobody gives a sh1t.

Got paid yesterday and noticed that the tax cuts have gone through. Little bump up of around $25 a week in pocket.

Seems OK but then trains are delayed, heard a recent story about Blacktown hospital obstetrics being an absolute disaster, schools in the local area have crumbling walls and dodgy air-con systems which may not even work, some roads near where I'm at have had small potholes for goodness knows how long, etc.

I know some people out there are struggling to make ends meet but I'm sure lots of us would rather have paid the same amount of tax as before but actually have that money spent properly and not spending $10 million on, I dunno, a grant to Foxtel for no reason at all?

1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

Got paid yesterday and noticed that the tax cuts have gone through. Little bump up of around $25 a week in pocket.

Seems OK but then trains are delayed, heard a recent story about Blacktown hospital obstetrics being an absolute disaster, schools in the local area have crumbling walls and dodgy air-con systems which may not even work, some roads near where I'm at have had small potholes for goodness knows how long, etc.

I know some people out there are struggling to make ends meet but I'm sure lots of us would rather have paid the same amount of tax as before but actually have that money spent properly and not spending $10 million on, I dunno, a grant to Foxtel for no reason at all?

We'll said young man!!

:good:

More disturbing news in the " who cares, I don't give a rats"............................... Echoes of Badgerys Creek.

A property developer bought land in Camellia, Sydney, shortly before the Parramatta Light Rail project was announced

The NSW Government failed to negotiate a good price, buying the land from the developer for three times its value to use as a tram depot

Former NSW auditor-general Tony Harris said the property deal should be referred to ICAC

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

Well, well. 

Admission of guilt, imo, on Robodebt. The Conservatives treating those without money with contempt 

Federal Government settles class action lawsuit over controversial Robodebt scheme http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-16/government-response-robodebt-class-action/12886784

The Coalition was warned 26 times that it was illegal.

4 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Well, well. 

Admission of guilt, imo, on Robodebt. The Conservatives treating those without money with contempt 

Federal Government settles class action lawsuit over controversial Robodebt scheme http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-16/government-response-robodebt-class-action/12886784

I'd give that a "Like", except that Australian taxpayers are footing the bill for it.

Bill the Coalition parties for it...it was their disgusting policy.

And Morrison not wanting to offer any words of humility in answer to a question about this. As#@ole.

2 minutes ago, wendybr said:

I'd give that a "Like", except that Australian taxpayers are footing the bill for it.

Bill the Coalition parties for it...it was their disgusting policy.

And Morrison not wanting to offer any words of humility in answer to a question about this. As#@ole.

Well said

26 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Heads should roll over this one

They won't as Australia says it's has a Westminster system but Minister are not held accountable. The list grows

Sports Rorts minister had to resign on her own but was a national.

Angus Taylor not sacked over corrupt activity in my electorate and the bullying of Clover Moore.

Christian Porter - failing ministerial standards. Instituting unfair employment laws

Michaela Cash - bullying staffers

Stuart Robert, just like Trump said of Russian interference in the 2016 election, does not acknowledge Robodebt was illegal.

Scott Morrison has lied on multiple occasions.

They are "born to rule" or so they think.

They can all jump off the Gap never to be seen again.

Plus the AH of minister Tudge using his network to bully the "informant"

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/nov/16/fears-rachelle-miller-may-lose-new-job-after-speaking-out-over-affair-with-alan-tudge-on-four-corners?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

39 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

They won't as Australia says it's has a Westminster system but Minister are not held accountable. The list grows

Sports Rorts minister had to resign on her own but was a national.

Angus Taylor not sacked over corrupt activity in my electorate and the bullying of Clover Moore.

Christian Porter - failing ministerial standards. Instituting unfair employment laws

Michaela Cash - bullying staffers

Stuart Robert, just like Trump said of Russian interference in the 2016 election, does not acknowledge Robodebt was illegal.

Scott Morrison has lied on multiple occasions.

They are "born to rule" or so they think.

They can all jump off the Gap never to be seen again.

Plus the AH of minister Tudge using his network to bully the "informant"

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/nov/16/fears-rachelle-miller-may-lose-new-job-after-speaking-out-over-affair-with-alan-tudge-on-four-corners?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

My how things have changed. In 1984 Labour Gov Minister Mick Young was forced to stand down from his Ministerial Porfolio because he failed to declare to Customs a childs Paddington Bear which was in his wife's luggage.

32 minutes ago, Ossified said:

My how things have changed. In 1984 Labour Gov Minister Mick Young was forced to stand down from his Ministerial Porfolio because he failed to declare to Customs a childs Paddington Bear which was in his wife's luggage.

I remember that. What a disgrace it was.

It wasn't much different to a decent State Premier resigning over a bottle of Grange. That was equally as stupid.

Edited by Wanderboy

As always, the f***** cotton farmers harvesting the water in QLD and upper NSW and who would they support?

Water from Murray Darling Basin plan not being delivered to wetlands, Australian-first report finds http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-17/murray-darling-missing-water-in-floodplains/12887342

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

I'm sure there will be an opening for him on Sky after Dark !!

3 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Gas led recovery. Idiotic

San Francisco just banned gas in all new buildings. Could it ever happen in Australia? http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-19/san-francisco-just-banned-gas-in-all-new-buildings.-could-it-ev/12896666

I have been to San Fran and the locals will tell you its in their self interest to promote a carbon free city. The smog from China blows all the way to San Francisco and the air pollution is terrible because of it and its not uncommon for the bridge to be filled up with smog from China. They see the effects of poor air quality on a daily basis so the pollies will always put the environment at the forefront of their policies.

• mack changed the title to Local Current Affairs Thread
  • mack locked this topic