Local Current Affairs Thread (not Wendy's)

wendybr

16 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Rupert going broke

Rupert sold Foxtel? To whom?

I don't know the validity of the claims but News Corp by law has to report to the ASIC...and as he said it paid $42 for access to them.

1 minute ago, sonar said:

I don't know the validity of the claims but News Corp by law has to report to the ASIC...and as he said it paid $42 for access to them.

Michael West is one journalist that you can actually trust. He used to work at SMH in the Fairfax days as a business reporter.

He actually detailed how the NSW Government increased their share of revenue from electricity price rises.

He is impeccable imho.

1 minute ago, Paul01 said:

Michael West is one journalist that you can actually trust. He used to work at SMH in the Fairfax days as a business reporter.

He actually detailed how the NSW Government increased their share of revenue from electricity price rises.

He is impeccable imho.

I don't doubt you, but as was started in the vid I thought it is very interesting considering how Foxtel has tried to muscle sport bodies into lower deals because of Covid etc. I would also of thought that selling Foxtel would be big news and would have to be announced to the share market. 

3 minutes ago, sonar said:

I don't doubt you, but as was started in the vid I thought it is very interesting considering how Foxtel has tried to muscle sport bodies into lower deals because of Covid etc. I would also of thought that selling Foxtel would be big news and would have to be announced to the share market. 

The sale date was the important bit. 

It means that the change of ownership can be managed by Murdoch and reported next year. 

It also signals that the divesting of subscriptions of sports like A-league has been recognised as a problem by the "new" owners. That's why there has probably been a U-turn with Rugby gone as well as their previous cash cow, BBL.

Plus the WWC in 2023 could result in increased broadcasting of friendlies for Matilda's and Socceroos, so long as there are games in this Covid-19 era. 

I reckon that a combination of one of the new vaccines plus the MMR II vaccine will become standard as the prevention (see my recent post in the Armageddon thread) and the Covid-19 era will reduce amazingly in 2021. 

1 minute ago, Paul01 said:

The sale date was the important bit. 

It means that the change of ownership can be managed by Murdoch and reported next year. 

It also signals that the divesting of subscriptions of sports like A-league has been recognised as a problem by the "new" owners. That's why there has probably been a U-turn with Rugby gone as well as their previous cash cow, BBL.

Plus the WWC in 2023 could result in increased broadcasting of friendlies for Matilda's and Socceroos, so long as there are games in this Covid-19 era. 

I reckon that a combination of one of the new vaccines plus the MMR II vaccine will become standard as the prevention (see my recent post in the Armageddon thread) and the Covid-19 era will reduce amazingly in 2021. 

I have to admit corporate law isn't my strong point......lol. 

Though It does makes more sense of a lot of things going on with Foxtel.

What a bunch of entitled p****s. 

Just to get a right wing rat bag into the OECD, which they perceive is left wing and opposed their economic policies.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/nov/24/flights-for-mathias-cormanns-european-campaign-for-oecd-job-could-cost-taxpayers-4300-an-hour?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

9 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Stuart Ayres is such an idiot

NSW Government minister Stuart Ayres contradicts NSW Health advice on coronavirus pandemic as he tries to defend Premier Gladys Berejiklian http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-24/stuart-ayres-self-isolating-claim-q+a-berejiklian-covid-test/12912990

What's a " precautionary Test" aren't all Covid tests the same?

Just for fun I have rated all the PM's I can recall and could first vote in 72 so Gough was the first time I could vote and have only twice not voted for the winning PM... Abbot & Morrison..

Here is my ranking from top to bottom with my score card

Robert Hawke ... 9.5

Gough Whitlam... 9 A

John Howard ... 9 B

Malcolm Turnbull ... 8 A

Kevin Rudd .... 8 B

Julia Gillard ... 8 C

John Gordon ... 8 D

Paul Keating ... 7 A

Harold Holt ... 7 B

William McMahon ... 6

Malcolm Fraser .... 5

Tony Abbot ..... 3

AS for beam me up Scotty not yet decided he has something  of a come back with his handling of covid .... and with China, now the US, England, Japan all in CC he may change course on CC as well ... we can but live in hope...

3 for Abbott is incredibly generous. He was PM for 2 years and his only major contributions to the country were a 2014 budget designed to attack the poorest for having the nerve to vote against Liberal rule, destroying the NBN, the biased anti-union Royal Commission, knighting Prince Phillip and then spending his last year in charge fighting off being rolled, which ended up happening after a 2nd leadership spill.

Turnbull, Abbott and Morrison should be lucky to scrape a 3 rating combined. How they've kept power in this country so long is a sick joke.

2 hours ago, mack said:

Turnbull, Abbott and Morrison should be lucky to scrape a 3 rating combined     How they've kept power in this country so long is a sick joke.

Is it policy

Is it the wrong person or persons

Is it talk back

Is it Australia's are inept...

Is it News Ltd.

Personally I think, Labour lost the last election the Libs did not win it...

Hawke & Rudd ran very different campaigns to Bill Shorten .... Many don't like me saying this but IMO Shorten lost the Climate Change debate in the last election, not in the inner city nor with those who wanted CC but with those he needed to convert... also the Franking Credit was IMO crazy totally under estimated how many small share holding there are and how many with those small holding rely on the Franking Credit its not the gravy train many seem to think... he should have gone after large super pensions it would bring in more money and far more sellable... 

States and Ter's are reasonably evenly spilt between the parties so its not Labour cannot win nor has not been in power .. I think since 72 both parties have been in power for about the same time... 

OLD ... ALP

NSW ... LIB

ACT ... ALP

VIC ... ALP

Tassie ... LIB

SA ..... LIB

WA ... ALP

NT ... ALP

39 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Is it policy

Is it the wrong person or persons

Is it talk back

Is it Australia's are inept...

Is it News Ltd.

Personally I think, Labour lost the last election the Libs did not win it...

Hawke & Rudd ran very different campaigns to Bill Shorten .... Many don't like me saying this but IMO Shorten lost the Climate Change debate in the last election, not in the inner city nor with those who wanted CC but with those he needed to convert... also the Franking Credit was IMO crazy totally under estimated how many small share holding there are and how many with those small holding rely on the Franking Credit its not the gravy train many seem to think... he should have gone after large super pensions it would bring in more money and far more sellable... 

States and Ter's are reasonably evenly spilt between the parties so its not Labour cannot win nor has not been in power .. I think since 72 both parties have been in power for about the same time... 

OLD ... ALP

NSW ... LIB

ACT ... ALP

VIC ... ALP

Tassie ... LIB

SA ..... LIB

WA ... ALP

NT ... ALP

I hope you're ready for the incoming. There are too many on here that will attack you because ... well mainly just because ...

14 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Thoughts?

I don't have a problem with this.

Terrorist prisoner Abdul Nacer Benbrika has Australian citizenship cancelled
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-25/terrorist-prisoner-abdul-nacer-benbrika-citizenship-cancelled/12919698

Me either.

I was hoping that Abbott got caught for something and we could send him back to England......permanently....:ninja:

:D

2 hours ago, wendybr said:

Thoughts?

I don't have a problem with this.

Terrorist prisoner Abdul Nacer Benbrika has Australian citizenship cancelled
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-25/terrorist-prisoner-abdul-nacer-benbrika-citizenship-cancelled/12919698

Sorry but this is how I fault.

His citizenship got cancelled? 
43iv8l.jpg