Sign in to follow this  
wendybr

Local Current Affairs Thread (not Wendy's)

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Maaaaack!

Get my name out of this thread pleeeeease!

You made your schitty bed, now lie in it!

On 16/09/2020 at 6:47 PM, Edinburgh said:

You made your schitty bed, now lie in it!

Schitty?

Or shitty?

PS when I just typed in "shitty", it autocorrected to "Scotty".

Which reminds me to ask where Paul is...with his Scumbo observations, now that we have  a 'Not Politics Thread' again?

:lol:

21 hours ago, wendybr said:

Schitty?

Or shitty?

PS when I just typed in "shitty", it autocorrected to "Scotty".

Which reminds me to ask where Paul is...with his Scumbo observations, now that we have  a 'Not Politics Thread' again?

:lol:

I'm still lurking in the background.

Lots of midweek game to ref before the end of the season. 

Tonight is one of my only night's off due to a forfeit.

I note that the Scumbo wants to build a gas fired power station.

Personally,  I'd support Thorium powered nuclear reactors for baseload power as their waste has short half lives of about 70 years and there is no chance of a meltdown. Plus there has has to multiple reactors meaning lots of jobs instead of centralized. The other point is that Australia has 20% of the world's Thorium.  And the only reason the world has uranium nuclear instead of Thorium nuclear was that the US Govt wanted the easy way to plutonium for weapons

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

I'm still lurking in the background.

Lots of midweek game to ref before the end of the season. 

Tonight is one of my only night's off due to a forfeit.

I note that the Scumbo wants to build a gas fired power station.

Personally,  I'd support Thorium powered nuclear reactors for baseload power as their waste has short half lives of about 70 years and there is no chance of a meltdown. Plus there has has to multiple reactors meaning lots of jobs instead of centralized. The other point is that Australia has 20% of the world's Thorium.  And the only reason the world has uranium nuclear instead of Thorium nuclear was that the US Govt wanted the easy way to plutonium for weapons

Glad you had a chance to contribute tonight!

That's an interesting perspective, Paul...and not one I've really heard about before!

😊😊

7 hours ago, wendybr said:

Glad you had a chance to contribute tonight!

That's an interesting perspective, Paul...and not one I've really heard about before!

😊😊

You need to go to the Climate Change and Alternative Energy Thread. Middy is VERY active there.

The NSW Govt plan is to raise the Warragamba Dam wall by many meters. 

And for those who don't know, Warragamba Dam has to spill recently. In fact, WaterNSW has had to release water to lower the level by at least 1 metre in case of flooding through major storms. Only 6 months to cyclone season when most water is collected in Warragamba.

But yet again, the govt is in the purse of the developers to reduce the amount of land that could potentially be flooded. Hence the reason the NSW govt wants to raise the Warragamba Dam wall by many meters.

And here is why they shouldn't

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/sep/18/nsw-government-ordered-to-revisit-world-heritage-assessments-for-warragamba-dam-expansion?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other