Local Current Affairs Thread (not Wendy's)

wendybr

41 minutes ago, sonar said:

W.A conservatives copping a thrashing. McGowan looks likely to win up 52 out of 59 seats with the Nats ( 5 seats as opposed to Libs 2 seats) set to become the opposition. 

That has to be the biggest victory.

10 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Vindicates WA's tough stand on Covid border closures.

How stupid was Morrison to get into bed with Palmer and go to the High Court to get the borders open....? A big F U by the electorate....and I don't discount that Porter and Reynolds behaviour in Canberra contributed to it as well. 

the LNP's former opposition leader is going to lose his seat by 59% on first preferences. He only held it by less than a percent but that's just a crazy loss. McGowan is going to win his seat by almost 90% after preferences. :xnod:

A first for the Liberal party in Australia is that the WA libs have achieved gender equality.....50% male 50 %female.....one of each ........by having 2 members elected in the lower house.

Edited by sonar
16 hours ago, Legionista said:

A few weeks ago we finished a period of 5 years when we were protecting the establishment and our sacred institutions against a dangerous disruptor. 

A very dangerous man. 

The danger has clearly passed.

:cheeky:

LOL!! The ”disruptor” label was a right wing narrative to make Trump palatable!

He was a dangerous man in that he mirrored the worst of the “establishment”, the corrupted, cynical, mercenary parts where the lies to the common man were there to mesmerise them whilst they loot and line their pockets. 

The sacred institutions are those being restored right now in the US with qualified people and a collective outlook rather than individualistic tripe! 

Hope you are well, Legia! :)

2 hours ago, Cynth said:

The sacred institutions are those being restored right now in the US with qualified people and a collective outlook rather than individualistic tripe.

What a lovely use of the word "tripe".

We'll done Cynth!

:lol::lol:

8 hours ago, sonar said:

How stupid was Morrison to get into bed with Palmer and go to the High Court to get the borders open....? A big F U by the electorate....and I don't discount that Porter and Reynolds behaviour in Canberra contributed to it as well. 

And they know Porter. He was the treasurer of WA.

As far Porter is concerned, any tears from him are crocodile tears "i can't become PM"

17 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

And they know Porter. He was the treasurer of WA.

As far Porter is concerned, any tears from him are crocodile tears "i can be become PM"

In the light of yesterday's landslide there's talk of Porter potentially losing his seat at the next Federal Election or even the possibility of him saving that embarrassment by not contesting and shuffling off to some cushy number in the private sector.

what made you think he'd get it?

I liked his attempts to spin it with a private meeting offer. News published it was happening before the organizers had responded. Nice one mate. And that senator going all handmaid - "what an honour to be invited into the inner sanctum..." lol

Seen some commentary that he can't win in that situation, like what could he say to the crowd outside or to the organizers in front of the cameras. Yep. He - Morrison - couldn't. A PR hack couldn't. A leader could though.

6 hours ago, sonar said:

I don't think the PM gets it. In parliament he says women who protested in rallies today should be glad they weren't shot at....?

FMD.....:nono:

Unbelievable! Seriously he has foot in mouth disease. 

6 hours ago, sonar said:

I don't think the PM gets it. In parliament he says women who protested in rallies today should be glad they weren't shot at....?

FMD.....:nono:

I will make it my duty to continually remind people in the lead up to the next election what utter ****s this govt are.

If you see someone with a sandwich board at parra station that says, "vote these ****s out", its probably me

4 hours ago, marron said:

Seen some commentary that he can't win in that situation, like what could he say to the crowd outside or to the organizers in front of the cameras. Yep. He - Morrison - couldn't. A PR hack couldn't. A leader could though.

If John Howard could show up to talk to a bunch of angry gun owners with the only real criticism ending up being that he accepted a bullet proof vest his security officers asked him to wear, then Morrison the PR spin merchant could spend 5 minutes talking to the rallies outside.

17 minutes ago, Cynth said:

Unbelievable! Seriously he has foot in mouth disease. 

No, he doesn't.

He says what he means.

He genuinely believes that because we don't live in a military dictatorship we should all be licking his ******* boots instead of asking why he knows someone is innocent when he hasn't read the ******* statement.

2 minutes ago, mack said:

If John Howard could show up to talk to a bunch of angry gun owners with the only real criticism ending up being that he accepted a bullet proof vest his security officers asked him to wear, then Morrison the PR spin merchant could spend 5 minutes talking to the rallies outside.

This is what I mean. Howard could do it. Morrison can't - he is incapable of relating to human beings without resorting to his carefully prepared talking points - and you can't prepare for that kind of situation, so he's got nothing. 

1 hour ago, EmMac said:

I will make it my duty to continually remind people in the lead up to the next election what utter ****s this govt are.

If you see someone with a sandwich board at parra station that says, "vote these ****s out", its probably me

We'll said Em.

Utterly contemptible they are.

9 hours ago, EmMac said:

You should join the old Asian dude who walks round city and Newtown station

9 hours ago, marron said:

No, he doesn't.

He says what he means.

He genuinely believes that because we don't live in a military dictatorship we should all be licking his ******* boots instead of asking why he knows someone is innocent when he hasn't read the ******* statement.

Nothing that mofo says is accidental, this is the guy that does a costume change to get a vaccine it’s all carefully scripted and staged 

26 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

You mean the wanderers fan?

13 hours ago, marron said:

This is what I mean. Howard could do it. Morrison can't - he is incapable of relating to human beings without resorting to his carefully prepared talking points - and you can't prepare for that kind of situation, so he's got nothing. 

Morrison lives in his own perfect world and it like it doesn't compute when something goes wrong. I don't think its surprise anymore that his tone deaf attitude is a recurring theme because he lives in his tiny perfect bubble he literally doesn't understand anything outside of it.

22 hours ago, marron said:

what made you think he'd get it?

In hindsight.....stupidity on my part.... :ninja:.......thought he might show some sort of empathy.....but then again we are talking about people who have to hire empathy coaches.....:nono:

13 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

He has stolen my idea. I will get revenge :wacko:

Ps. Been out having a few drinks with an ex-colleague. Im a little pissed. I probably won't get revenge 

this from the fin review

"Initially, the Coalition thought the anger would be confined to tertiary educated women but it has “cut through” to other demographics, including suburbia, said a source."

oh dear.

PR. ****ers.