Local Current Affairs Thread

wendybr

4 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Morrison was merely the "front man" for some excellent work by State/Federal authorities and experts. Had his fingers burnt by the bushfires so he couldn't be seen to fail again. Normal service is currently being resumed.

i really hope people dont forget how useless he was during the bushfires for the next election because the way he acted is still disgusting, the way he turned his back on that woman and forced that handshake, and the way he is acting towards the massive issues around sexual assault has just been as disgusting

20 hours ago, Legionista said:

You can tell Scott Morrison has done a fantastic job during the COVID crisis by how hard he is being attacked now. 

He’ll be blamed for the Holocaust soon.

I doubt it. There's more than enough to blame him for:

• Failure to prepare the nation for the 19/20 bushfire season and going on his Hawaiian holiday as people died fighting it then whinged when people wanted leadership because he "doesn't hold a hose".
  • His climate change denial and the Bring Your Coal To Work Day back in 2017 where he paraded around Parliament with a lump of coal given to him by the Minerals Council of Australia.
  • Ongoing failure of the NBN to replace the decrepit copper network.
  • Failing to secure the border against people with coronavirus. Example, the Ruby Princess debacle that was the responsibility of Federal Border Farce.
  • Failure to rein in Craig Kelly's insanity.
  • Failure to secure the aged care facilities against Covid, which killed several hundred Australians in an area the Federal Government is directly responsible for.
  • Mismanagement of Australian Navy new Submarine fleet build.
  • Failure to punish Angus Taylor after his fake Sydney Council Document scandal. 
  • Failing to properly respond to the Banking Royal Commission, letting the banks get away with slap on the wrist fines.
  • Going on national television during a press conference and channelling his inner Trump by attacking Sky News of all companies in an effort to discredit the media from reporting on the Parliament House scandal allegations.
  • Having zero empathy for women's issues until after his wife reminded him that he has daughters.
  • Dismal failures of leadership on the sports rorts affair or Barnaby Joyce water rort.

I could probably go on, but Morrison is a complete failure as a leader.

39 minutes ago, mack said:

• Failure to prepare the nation for the 19/20 bushfire season and going on his Hawaiian holiday as people died fighting it then whinged when people wanted leadership because he "doesn't hold a hose".
  • His climate change denial and the Bring Your Coal To Work Day back in 2017 where he paraded around Parliament with a lump of coal given to him by the Minerals Council of Australia.
  • Failing to secure the border against people with coronavirus. Example, the Ruby Princess debacle that was the responsibility of Federal Border Farce.
  • Failure to secure the aged care facilities against Covid, which killed several hundred Australians in an area the Federal Government is directly responsible for.
  • Failure to punish Angus Taylor after his fake Sydney Council Document scandal. 
  • Failing to properly respond to the Banking Royal Commission, letting the banks get away with slap on the wrist fines.
  • Going on national television during a press conference and channelling his inner Trump by attacking Sky News of all companies in an effort to discredit the media from reporting on the Parliament House scandal allegations.
  • Having zero empathy for women's issues until after his wife reminded him that he has daughters.
  • Dismal failures of leadership on the sports rorts affair or Barnaby Joyce water rort.

Can we have a list for Gladys please !!!   I know she's done a lot and the opposition is non-existent.

But how much are all these initiatives costing the NSW taxpayer in the long term? Most things are user-pay (new stadiums, tollways, parking stations, etc)

2 hours ago, wendybr said:

Stringer, that's not polite!

I like Legia, despite his ideas being  different to mine.

I've met him a few times at gatherings.

Far from wanting or needing attention on the internet because he's pathetic , I'm pretty sure he comes here, for an occasional bit of entertainment. This exchange has probably amused him and fulfilled his expectations! ;)

I don’t want to get into name calling on the internet, but using the sexual abuse of women as an internet point scoring exercise is not cool 

I’m all for a debate but to me that was beyond a line but hey that’s just me, maybe other people find insightful and / or hilarious 

Maybe it’s a cry for help I don’t know 

1 hour ago, mack said:

Why are we taking the bait

3 hours ago, wendybr said:

Stringer, that's not polite!

I like Legia, despite his ideas being  different to mine.

I've met him a few times at gatherings.

Far from wanting or needing attention on the internet because he's pathetic , I'm pretty sure he comes here, for an occasional bit of entertainment. This exchange has probably amused him and fulfilled his expectations! ;)

F me, I’m not polite but joking about sexual abuse is cool 

I can’t work you out 

13 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Morrison Government

How good is Australia?

I'd like to hear from some of those who voted for this mob, to see whether they are still happy with them?

C'mon...be brave! :meep:

15 hours ago, wendybr said:

I'd like to hear from some of those who voted for this mob, to see whether they are still happy with them?

You have, apparently he did a great job on Covid and all these sexual allegations is some left wing media conspiracy to undermine him 

17 hours ago, wendybr said:

2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

You have, apparently he did a great job on Covid and all these sexual allegations is some left wing media conspiracy to undermine him 

Saved me the trouble 

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

PS In terms of politics, we live in a bubble here these days.

Half the population probably still thinks as you do Ed.

I live in a bubble 

Independence for the peoples republic of Marrickville 

Edited by StringerBellend
1 hour ago, Edinburgh said:

Saved me the trouble 

You don’t seriously think these women are making up sexual assault allegations as Morrison did an ok job on Covid and is high in the polls?

Or maybe this is cool harassing a woman online then half apologising saying you don’t understand what you are apologising for 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/mar/27/andrew-laming-liberal-mps-facebook-page-removed-after-he-downplayed-apology?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

is that fine? Or is it just made up?

I’m down with different political and economic views but this behaviour isn’t just being a **** politician it’s being a **** human being and Morrison so far has done nothing meaningful about it 

I imagine a typical conservative to hold certain views about what decent behaviour is. That society works because people have decent values instilled in them. That Christian values help to propagate good behaviour. That the wealthy do philanthropy to assist those less well off. That kind of thing.

I don't understand how these people, if they exist, aren't railing at this mob. Even leaving aside the "alleged" stuff, the actions are so far removed from that ideal. 

And it's an amusing idea to me that there's a media conspiracy against them! The fact that naked corruption no longer results in expulsion tells us how this works; if the headlines are negative at all from the Liberal/National flag wavers, imagine how bad things must actually be.

Lamimg should go. That's the bottom line. The man has stalked multiple people online and at least one in person. How is this fit and proper? 

In any job there's a standard of behaviour for dealing with customers or clients. if you treated them below that standard? you'd be gone, police or no police. A politicians customers and clients are us. This sociopath should be out on his ear. Instead he's getting empathy training. My god. 

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

You don’t seriously think these women are making up sexual assault allegations as Morrison did an ok job on Covid and is high in the polls?

Or maybe this is cool harassing a woman online then half apologising saying you don’t understand what you are apologising for 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/mar/27/andrew-laming-liberal-mps-facebook-page-removed-after-he-downplayed-apology?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

is that fine? Or is it just made up?

I’m down with different political and economic views but this behaviour isn’t just being a **** politician it’s being a **** human being and Morrison so far has done nothing meaningful about it 

There has been a lot of reprehensible behaviour

In terms of an election, I don't think this will be the sole motivation for most people when deciding who to vote for 

Most people will prioritise economic issues ahead of addressing sexual assault in Parliament House

The question will be whether people can hold onto the memory of these allegations through several months as we churn through the 24 hour news cycle

It may un-seat Porter if a suitable (i.e. female) Labor or independent candidate can be found

To address this problem, I don't think it's wise to solely focus on an electoral wipeout

Consider the use of public pressure to launch a Royal Commission into veteran suicides:

https://theconversation.com/one-veteran-on-average-dies-by-suicide-every-2-weeks-this-is-what-a-royal-commission-needs-to-look-at-157582

That came about from a petition that gained notice

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Correct 

The Libs and Nats pollies being sent off for empathy training had better take care.

If they ever do acquire genuine empathy (highly doubtful), they'll have to switch  to the side of politics!  :xnod:

:D:D

PS just heard on the news that "codes of conduct" for coalition pollies and staffers ?? are to be reviewed/revised/ updated.

I seriously can't believe anything of that nature has actually existed in the past.

11 minutes ago, wendybr said:

PS just heard on the news that "codes of conduct" for coalition pollies and staffers ?? are to be reviewed/revised/ updated.

I seriously can't believe anything of that nature has actually existed in the past.

1) yes. it has. Someone like Laming would have to have broken them. End result? Nothing. 

2) Someone like lamimg is not going to follow a new code either. Especially if all he does is some piss poor training session.

3 hours ago, marron said:

1) yes. it has. Someone like Laming would have to have broken them. End result? Nothing. 

2) Someone like lamimg is not going to follow a new code either. Especially if all he does is some piss poor training session.

...integrity....fairness....accountability...

Lol

• mack changed the title to Local Current Affairs Thread
  • mack locked this topic