Sign in to follow this  
wendybr

Local Current Affairs Thread (not Wendy's)

13 hours ago, Paul01 said:

The question ask is

"How much money have the family who own the Leppington Pastoral Company donated to the Liberal Party"

My take is that the Liberal (Conservative) Party have redistributed federal government money to their party. If this has occurred it is truly corruption.

From this article in the terror:

Australian Electoral Commission donation records show the Leppington Pastoral Company gave $58,000 to the Liberal Party of Australia in 2018-19.

Between 2003 and 2007 the Company also donated $28,000 to the Australian Labor Party.

So they massively overpaid in July 2018 and some time between July 2018 and June 2019 received $58k in donations from the seller.

Good thing that after the LNP butchered the original NBN that nothing that required a huge amount of people to start working or studying from home happened.

50 minutes ago, mack said:

Good thing that after the LNP butchered the original NBN that nothing that required a huge amount of people to start working or studying from home happened.

Plus they want to charge more.

Ah but how many Libs will admit that the Labour Party was right all along to want a state of the art NBN. Oh we can’t afford it, they said.....:rolleyes:

On 22/09/2020 at 9:53 AM, Davo said:

From this article in the terror:

So they massively overpaid in July 2018 and some time between July 2018 and June 2019 received $58k in donations from the seller.

19 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Throw in their new energy policy...and I'm not sure how history will judge this govt.

But they lied and lied to remove a good govt, and have proven themselves to be self-serving, corrupt and incompetent over and over again.

☹☹

33 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Throw in their new energy policy...and I'm not sure how history will judge this govt.

But they lied and lied to remove a good govt, and have proven themselves to be self-serving, corrupt and incompetent over and over again.

☹☹

But their Rupert's lackies 

:pappoiya:

Then add this to help their mates

Federal Government to adopt US-style insolvency rules to help with expected wave of business closures, says Treasurer Josh Frydenberg http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-23/government-to-boost-support-for-businesses-facing-closure/12694904

On 23/09/2020 at 10:41 AM, Paul01 said:

It this was always going to happen. I remember I had a friend that worked on the NBN upgrade and an American transferred to work and actually asked why were installing obsolete tech. This was back in 2014 and the bloke said the system being installed was 10 years obsolete. Its now 2020 6 years later and we have a system that is still being installed from Abbot's government that was already outdated and now they are installing the system they should have paid 7 years ago with billions of dollars wasted. Liberals are "great Economic managers" yea right

On 23/09/2020 at 8:47 PM, Cynth said:

Ah but how many Libs will admit that the Labour Party was right all along to want a state of the art NBN. Oh we can’t afford it, they said.....:rolleyes:

The fact that at my house, I get faster speed on 4G than NBN is an absolute disgrace.

As someone who has recently found the joys of tax, it's really quite infuriating to see where my tax dollars are being spent

This might belong in the Armageddon thread. But really it is a failing since Howard deregulated the aged care sector to help some rich bastards richer 

Grieving families angry at Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission over perceived inaction during coronavirus pandemic http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-29/aged-care-deaths-prompt-family-anger-at-regulator/12693160

Anyone notice with ABC and Guardian that there seems to be far more of the corruption and conflict of interest articles springing left, right and centre. And then there is the vote in parliament trying to be put through on a watchdog for ministers but Liberals and Nationals are predominately against? 

3 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

this liberal women on Qanda is annoying

^^^ Surprise surprise!

Jim Chalmers so articulate and sharp.

So many good Labor future leaders.

It hits me every time...Albo hasn't got what it takes, I'm sad to say. Let some of  the younger people have ago.

2 minutes ago, wendybr said:

^^^ Surprise surprise!

Jim Chalmers so articulate and sharp.

So many good Labor future leaders.

It hits me every time...Albo hasn't got what it takes, I'm sad to say. Let some of  the younger people have ago.

i agree, not only does she have terrible opinions she cant stop interrupting people, Albo is alright, but he isnt exactly inspiring, hell someone just tweeted that jim will be our next pm(they are wrong but it would be nice)

11 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

this liberal women on Qanda is annoying

She's getting even more annoying on Super withdrawals.

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

She's getting even more annoying on Super withdrawals.

lol she just said that her sympathies is with the Asylum seeker on a temporary protection visa, i dont think he wants her to extend her sympathies he wants her to extend him some money :P its shameful how these people have slipped through the cracks, also international students

would you take up an apprenticeship? no i wouldnt

well then you wont get paid as well because apprenticeships tend to lead to high paying jobs, so that is your problem and not societies problem

30 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

lol she just said that her sympathies is with the Asylum seeker on a temporary protection visa, i dont think he wants her to extend her sympathies he wants her to extend him some money :P its shameful how these people have slipped through the cracks, also international students

I think he wants Permanent Residency...so he has a better chance of getting employment.

Albo doesn't have the charisma that Rudd has but Murdoch media isn't exactly going to paint him with a glowing report like they do with Scotty from marketing.

1 hour ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Albo doesn't have the charisma that Rudd has but Murdoch media isn't exactly going to paint him with a glowing report like they do with Scotty from marketing.

That's is....on both scores.

Sad but true...these days, a leader needs charisma, and " good bloke" though Albo NO DOUBT is, it takes more than that to be electable.

There are SO many of the Gen Xers, I suppose they are, in the Labor party...who have that charisma,  should be leading now.

15 hours ago, wendybr said:

I think he wants Permanent Residency...so he has a better chance of getting employment.

that is true i didnt want that post to come off as saying asylum seekers only come here to take free government money so i hope it didnt come off like that(especially would be hypocritical since i been on benefits most of my life) its more saying he deserves the same benefits as i am getting for example