Local Current Affairs Thread (not Wendy's)

wendybr

3 hours ago, Paul01 said:

So wait we had the $30 million over payment for the airport land and now on top of that they sold more than $42 million in offsets. Is that right?

On a local issue ...  I don't think discussed to date or discussed as I am thinking or that should be posting now...

China..... massive arms build up and talking a big game... wants a world map of 3000 years ago..

Russia .... never in human history has an army be massed on a broader of another country and a war has not started...

Turkey ... wants to reclaim or redraw a map that suits them...

My local issue ... is it time for Australian governments ... i.e. all of em... BUT must be led by the Feds ... to start investing mega dollars in local manufacturing .... 

Not only manufacturing but green energy if we can't get oil...

I read about two to three weeks ago, the ALP has a new policy with I think 12 billion to help rebuild our manufacturing ... 

Personally I think given the state of the world today  and our recent experience were Europe did not send vaccines .... 

The US seems to be in terminal decline and we need IMO to become self sufficient ...

THe time has come to build up our manufacturing sector again

21 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Interestingly a Fairfax major poll has the Libs at 38% and ALP at 33%.... with SoMo having near double the support of Albo...

Saw that on the News.

:(:(

Letter to SMH 19/4/21

Why is an ego-driven bully boy allowed to stand in a legally protected environment like Parliament and, with the aid of a microphone, publicly humiliate a woman who thoughtfully and sensitively presented watches to employees who had done so much more than just their job (“Felled woman turned crusader”, April 17-18)? Why does he have to raise his voice to belligerence level, yelling offensively “she can go”. There are certainly things he could have raised his voice about – like Brittany Higgins’ alleged **** in Parliament House or the workplace harassment of women and the lewd behaviour by some parliamentarians. But he didn’t get outraged about those things. And he didn’t get outraged about the family wasting their lives on Christmas Island or the sports rorts affair or the government paying 10 times the price for a block of land that wasn’t valued correctly.
There’s no point in singing devoutly and raising your hand to God in church if you can’t show some common decency to people in your community. I know who needs some empathy training. - Marge Kelaher, Erina

15 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Interestingly a Fairfax major poll has the Libs at 38% and ALP at 33%.... with SoMo having near double the support of Albo...

15 hours ago, wendybr said:

Saw that on the News.

:(:(

What scared me was the lack of support for either major party.... meaning more than likely One Nation & The Shooters Party will gain more power and influence especially given they will enjoy support from the right media...

In the Armageddon threat on page 87, I posted about how so many poor people and small business people, struggling had the second Bluesfest festival cancelled... because on 1 case of cov who had been to a local party and been locally shopping... that took according to the ABC 145 million out of the region...

In part I posted... 

City people dismissing how many people feel in regional Australia, and most of them are poor is why I think some regional areas vote in real crazies ....

Further like Bob Brown rushing into the QLD coal towns at the last federal election saying shut the mines .... went down well in Melbourne but arguably went a long way to losing the election in QLD as well... 

The ALP IMO are kinda lost in how to deal with its say inner city green voters and outer suburb working lower and middle class voters...

The LIBS IMO are kinda lost between their Small L say middle right, to their far right carbon, conspiracy theory voters ...

The end result is that between 29% & 33% of voters trust neither...

All this is yelled loudly by talk back and News in particular constantly screaming the sky is falling... and everything they say and everything they do is wrong..

Further debate as I understand it is becoming increasingly difficult as applying say an equity position that well that person is not always right and some things they do are wrong ... but they are achieving a lot in areas I want...

Elon Musk is the perfect example, openly opposed Cov lock downs as it hurt his business... equally no one has dome more to shift the market to electric cars, and the work he is doing with Solar City to replace carbon is again world class .... Andrew Forrest in Australia is making massive investments in green energy and green manufacturing but is a very hard business person...