Local Current Affairs Thread

wendybr

21 hours ago, FCB said:

Very broad brushstrokes about "the reality of the real world" as I understand it.

Once a baby is born it ends up in camp blue or camp pink. Those in blue are told that boys don't cry, are shamed and ridiculed when they do, labelled as cry babies, and taught that tears are a sign of weakness. The capacity to feel and express emotions is driven underground, and the result are adult men who lack emotional intelligence. It's these emotionally stunted human beings who are then running the world, and are complaining when women's experience of the world is very different.

In contrast, women learn that tears are a mood regulator, and they can use crying/shedding tears to regulate themselves. That's why women have the capacity to make more measured and appropriate decisions/comments/evaluations etc. And because they are more aware of what is going on when it comes to emotion, it becomes understandable when they complain about their husbands/male family members/colleagues/politicians etc to be emotional retards.

This is infant research 101, and it is ignored by a male dominated culture which is yet to crawl out of the stone age caves.

If only I could describe here how so very very wrong you are without getting too personal. But I can say that if you are right then I am very much an anomalie as a male ranking very highly on the emotional intelligence front, and the battles I have had with people (including women) who are not in order to make something a little less toxic for all.

There are men out there like us lol But perhaps post like yours make us crawl back under cover. 

Edited by Smoggy
6 hours ago, Smoggy said:

If only I could describe here how so very very wrong you are without getting too personal. But I can say that if you are right then I am very much an anomalie as a male ranking very highly on the emotional intelligence front, and the battles I have had with people (including women) who are not in order to make something a little less toxic for all.

There are men out there like us lol But perhaps post like yours make us crawl back under cover. 

Mate, I am not having a go at you.

What cannot be debated is that emotionally disregulated parents will raise children who are likely to struggle with emotional regulation. 

What can also not be debated is that persistent parental messages of “get over it”, “have a concrete milkshake”, “snap out of it”, “don’t be a cry baby”, a general attitude of tough love, will hamper emotional development of the child.

That’s child development basics, it’s not an opinion that I am voicing. It’s not up for debate.

However, my opinion is that, in general, boys are far more likely to receive messages like the above, that it has consequences on their emotional development, and that adult men emerge out of this who will be less emotional aware as females. This discrepancy then plays itself out culturally, politically, socially, religiously. That’s my view. 

Not just back. While Scomo is off having an overseas holiday, while saying he's not having an overseas holiday, while telling Australians it's not safe to have an overseas holiday, Barnaby will be acting Prime Minister.

4 hours ago, Davo said:

Not just back. While Scomo is off having an overseas holiday, while saying he's not having an overseas holiday, while telling Australians it's not safe to have an overseas holiday, Barnaby will be acting Prime Minister.

:nono:

What a forward looking nation we are!

Not!

We're pitiful!

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/environment-minister-says-government-will-challenge-unesco-move-to-list-great-barrier-reef-as-in-danger/ar-AALhWt2

If the government proceeds with this action the Great barrier reef may fall out the world heritage sites. Looks like its a bit of international pressure for the Australian government to do more

Court docs including letters, statements, interviews etc re: the alleged Porter **** are now publicly available, essentially as a result of his doomed  defamation attempt. The fact this guy was attorney geneal beggars belief. Incredible. He has basically defamed himself permanently.

Edited by marron
53 minutes ago, marron said:

Court docs including letters, statements, interviews etc re: the alleged Porter **** are now publicly available, essentially as a result of his doomed  defamation attempt. The fact this guy was attorney general beggars belief. Incredible. He has basically defamed himself permanently.

I can see why he was attorney general or at least how he got there. There would of been no way he would of told his Lib Party members or his friends when he was pre selected....oh by the way I may have a **** allegation problem. Tbh I don't think many in the govt would of been aware of what he is alleged to have done as a teenager. Unfortunately we have a govt with a slim majority and they want his vote. Hence why he is still there.

Very sordid and with a dead victim we will most probably never know the truth. Sad.

Edited by sonar

Yeah, really not.

Sonar my comment was more related to how someone so well versed in the law could **** up their defamation accusation so bad.

Sadly, the idea of having someone who might have done something like this being one of our most powerful people does not surprise me in the least.

And this story is only one end of the problem. 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/jul/04/everyones-bailing-australian-teachers-speak-on-stress-and-uncertainty-of-increasing-casual-contracts?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Many teachers nearing retirement are sick of the paperwork needs to generate data for the various Education and treasury's departments to support their existence and are actively seeking other work.

Wendy????

Meanwhile the gov slings half a mill at PWC to try and find out why teachers are unhappy, despite reams and reams and reams of evidence.

10 years or so ago the gov introduced it's neo-lib claptrap into schools which means that teachers have to spend vast amounts of time justifying every little thing they do as if schools are factories and teachers middle management. There is ZERO evidence that doing this improves outcomes on any measure, but because ****ers with business degrees who the gov employed either officially or via consultancies think it's a good idea that's what we have. End result, teacher spends most of their time doing the paperwork and no time actually trying to do their job.

Real estate agents, influencers, and private consultancy firms. First against the ****en wall.

1 hour ago, marron said:

Meanwhile the gov slings half a mill at PWC to try and find out why teachers are unhappy, despite reams and reams and reams of evidence.

10 years or so ago the gov introduced it's neo-lib claptrap into schools which means that teachers have to spend vast amounts of time justifying every little thing they do as if schools are factories and teachers middle management. There is ZERO evidence that doing this improves outcomes on any measure, but because ****ers with business degrees who the gov employed either officially or via consultancies think it's a good idea that's what we have. End result, teacher spends most of their time doing the paperwork and no time actually trying to do their job.

Real estate agents, influencers, and private consultancy firms. First against the ****en wall.

Liberal party donors and apparatchiks first

• mack changed the title to Local Current Affairs Thread
  • mack locked this topic