Sign in to follow this  
wendybr

Local Current Affairs Thread (not Wendy's)

LOLOLOL!

NEVER  in a hundred lifetimes, would I ever have expected to hear the Coalition deliver a Budget like this!

ScoMo looks either as tho he is about to nod off....or is feeling suicidal. 

Doesn't look much different to a regular Liberal budget. More debt, tax cuts that will inevitably have to see services cut at some point & subsidies to massive corporations (imagine how much cash McDonalds is going to shovel into it's gaping maw when it gets $200 a week for hiring the 16 year olds it already hires because they are cheap, easily intimidated & replaced) instead of direct stimulus/pension increases.

^^^ Nothing for social housing is a disappointment.

Your point about Maccas...and Coles and Woolies for that matter, is a good one.

Idk if this will work..but it must kill them going into that sort of spending/debt situation.

They all looked like they were at a funeral, and I couldn't help but to compare it to that Abbott budget they brought down, where they were all full of nauseating smiles and back slapping self congratulation, as they cut spending left, right and centre.

16 hours ago, mack said:

Doesn't look much different to a regular Liberal budget. More debt, tax cuts that will inevitably have to see services cut at some point & subsidies to massive corporations (imagine how much cash McDonalds is going to shovel into it's gaping maw when it gets $200 a week for hiring the 16 year olds it already hires because they are cheap, easily intimidated & replaced) instead of direct stimulus/pension increases.

As opposed to the local McDonalds franchise that has suffered like other cafes and restaurants?

On 06/10/2020 at 8:31 PM, mack said:

Albo has done well delivering the budget reply..

He makes the point that there is nothing really to bring about change for the future.

But then, the Coalition never leaves a meaningful legacy of anything....never brings big picture changes...do they? Well.. not for ordinary people.

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Albo has done well delivering the budget reply..

He makes the point that there is nothing really to bring about change for the future.

But then, the Coalition never leaves a meaningful legacy of anything....never brings big picture changes...do they? Well.. not for ordinary people.

Sure they did

They legislated same sex marriage after being dragged kicking and screaming into doing it

Posted (edited)
On 07/10/2020 at 12:47 PM, Edinburgh said:

As opposed to the local McDonalds franchise that has suffered like other cafes and restaurants?

Having spent many a year working for a local McDonald’s franchise my sympathy for them is pretty limited and having been crew member of the month I speak from a place of great authority 

Edited by StringerBellend

13 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Sure they did

They legislated same sex marriage after being dragged kicking and screaming into doing it

That must be a legacy that sits proudly in the hearts of every Coalition MP, and every one of their voters!

:rofl:

"It's‌ ‌not‌ ‌elitist‌ ‌to‌ ‌give‌ ‌people‌ ‌an‌ ‌opportunity‌ ‌to‌ ‌enjoy‌ ‌the‌ ‌beach‌ ‌in‌ ‌a‌ ‌different‌ ‌way," ‌he‌ ‌says.‌ ‌"It's‌ ‌diversifying‌ ‌the‌ ‌use‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌beach.”‌ ‌

An‌ ‌author,‌ ‌avid‌ ‌fisherman,‌ ‌polo‌ ‌entrepreneur‌ ‌and‌ ‌former‌ ‌lawyer,‌ ‌

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/it-s-not-elitist-meet-the-man-who-wants-to-open-a-beach-club-at-bondi-20201010-p563ug.html

Wanker

I love the residents in Waverley council calling this elitist, coming from probably the most nimby, jumper over the shoulder wearing brigade in the nation, elitist when it suits them.

Was in Bondi for work the other day and it reminded me why I never venture over there. Probably haven't been in over 20 years and don't intend to return unless paid to do so.

Trump Towers coming to Bondi real soon...you heard it here first :xnod:

23 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I love the residents in Waverley council calling this elitist, coming from probably the most nimby, jumper over the shoulder wearing brigade in the nation, elitist when it suits them.

There was an article in the Guardian yesterday decrying the gentrification of the area because essentially there are less trustifarians there these days.

8 minutes ago, marron said:

There was an article in the Guardian yesterday decrying the gentrification of the area because essentially there are less trustifarians there these days.

I need you and Wendy (Wendy usually lets face it) to keep me up to date on Guardian news ;)

29 minutes ago, Carns said:

Was in Bondi for work the other day and it reminded me why I never venture over there. Probably haven't been in over 20 years and don't intend to return unless paid to do so.

Me too.

Occasionally us punk kids would have a day out in Coogee which was always fun. I think because there was that bus that went straight from St Peters or somewhere. :lol:

swimming in our clothes and shouting cases. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I need you and Wendy (Wendy usually lets face it) to keep me up to date on Guardian news ;)

Articles like that are the Guardian click bait equivalent. It's lucky for me and them comments were switched off haha.

1 minute ago, marron said:

Me too.

Occasionally us punk kids would have a day out in Coogee which was always fun. I think because there was that bus that went straight from St Peters or somewhere. :lol:

swimming in our clothes and shouting cases. :lol:

Articles like that are the Guardian click bait equivalent. It's lucky for me and them comments were switched off haha.

That's right, your a mountain-man hillbilly, tropical island loving punk...:D Personality split 3 ways lol

2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

"It's‌ ‌not‌ ‌elitist‌ ‌to‌ ‌give‌ ‌people‌ ‌an‌ ‌opportunity‌ ‌to‌ ‌enjoy‌ ‌the‌ ‌beach‌ ‌in‌ ‌a‌ ‌different‌ ‌way," ‌he‌ ‌says.‌ ‌"It's‌ ‌diversifying‌ ‌the‌ ‌use‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌beach.”‌ ‌

An‌ ‌author,‌ ‌avid‌ ‌fisherman,‌ ‌polo‌ ‌entrepreneur‌ ‌and‌ ‌former‌ ‌lawyer,‌ ‌

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/it-s-not-elitist-meet-the-man-who-wants-to-open-a-beach-club-at-bondi-20201010-p563ug.html

Wanker

The "We-Work" of beaches

18 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Wanker

I don't see what the problem is. 

I had to laugh yesterday when one of the locals posted that Bondi should be "locals only" as he's fed up with backpackers, litter, large crowds and associated traffic problems. 

Glady's gone?

Find out in 30mins.

Edited by Smoggy

Presser at 4:30 !!

Yep..she is staying.

But damaged...

Edited by Smoggy

"I'm sure the media will treat this exactly the same as when Dan Andrews went before the Victorian inquiry about Covid transmission from hotels"

:rolleyes:

Gillard would have been proud of that Glady's statement today mind, straight out of the Gillard how to deflect when you **** up text book.

34281056-8829997-Gladys_Berejiklian_s_de

"Don't cry for me Wangaratta 

The truth is I never left you

Through all my wild days

My mad existence 

I kept my promise

Please social distance"

:P